Up the Face

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.47528°N / 111.87598°W
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Additional Information Difficulty: Pain in the neck!
Sign the Climber's Log

Getting There

Take the 14600 South exit off of I-15 in Draper and head up highland drive 2/3 of a mile to Traverse Ridge Road, turn right and then turn right on to Manila Drive after a couple blocks.  Follow Manila Drive up to the Point of the Mountain Flight Park and park. 

Route Description

Directly above the restrooms on the mountain, there is a trail that heads straight up the face of the mountain to the top.  It is very steep, and there is a rope all the way up to the top.  Once you get to the top and attain the ridge, just follow the dirt road NE less than a half mile to the summit. 

Note:  There are multiple ways to go up the face of the mountain as is evidenced by the attached GPX file which goes up another very steep trail that goes straight up, then criss crosses on multiple small game trails before reaching the ridge and then coming down the very steep trail with the rope. 

Essential Gear

I would recommend a pair of gloves with leather palms such as biking gloves, weightlifting gloves, trail running gloves, or gardening gloves so you don't blister your hands on the rope. 

External Links

Add External Links text here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.