User Profile Image

User Profile Image

Buildering, Pinedale, WY. 1990
Dave Dinnell
on Feb 28, 2006 6:25 am
Image ID: 176936

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-7 of 7
lcarreau

lcarreau - Feb 5, 2009 10:48 pm - Voted 10/10

I suppose you ignored

all the warnings of "stand clear of the steer!"

Outstanding job ...

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Mar 4, 2009 6:17 pm - Voted 10/10

Really like

your Snowbound chalk bag. What city did you buy it in?

Dave Dinnell

Dave Dinnell - Mar 22, 2009 9:43 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Really like

Hey Marc, sorry I didn't catch this note earlier. Yeah, I love my old bag. Won it in a small climbing competition up in Redding back in '88 or '89. Still in use after all these years.

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Mar 22, 2009 9:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Really like

Were you surprised that I recognized the bag?
I owned the company that manufactured it.

Dave Dinnell

Dave Dinnell - Mar 24, 2009 10:44 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Really like

Ha, yeah, Marc, I thought that was sort-of an obscure kinda comment and wondered about how you were able to read the label on the back.

While I was never fond of the color (for some reason bright pink (think pink) was in during the late '80s,) I always loved this bag and still use it. Check out my current profile shot and there it is.

I keep a knife in the side toothbrush holder and the zippered pocket on the bottom contains rap rings, penlight, bandage, tape, wingnuts/washer, and small wrench. Thanks for a great bag :-)

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Mar 24, 2009 11:28 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Really like

Wow, how did you fit all that stuff in the tiny bottom pocket?
I always carried a small knife, for cutting old slings on pins and bolts, and a short prosik sling in that pocket.
I recognized the bag by the color pattern. Like you said, those colors were popular in the 80s.
Thanks for liking this stone age bag. I'll look around and see if I still have any more, better colors, for you. If I find one, you would be welcome to it. I'll let you know.

Dave Dinnell

Dave Dinnell - Mar 24, 2009 11:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Really like

That would be way cool, Marc. Surprisingly, the stuff doesn't take up too much space.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7