User Profile Image

User Profile Image

lisae
on May 8, 2008 7:46 pm
Image ID: 402295

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Ejnar Fjerdingstad

Ejnar Fjerdingstad - May 9, 2008 11:46 am - Voted 10/10

A nice view,

I hope it is working well for you!

lisae

lisae - May 9, 2008 1:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: A nice view,

Thanks! It feels pretty good so far. My scar is still healing and everything is still swollen, but the hip itself doesn't hurt at all and feels 'normal' not weird. I hope to be climbing in a couple of months!

Gareth

Gareth - May 13, 2008 10:19 pm - Voted 10/10

Is that...

a c-arm fluoroscope shot they took in the OR?

lisae

lisae - May 14, 2008 12:09 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Is that...

I think so. They gave my husband three of these 'x-rays' (before and after) while I was still in recovery. They are small about 9" x 9". I took this one to a camera store and had them digitize it. It is not as good as the original.

Gareth

Gareth - May 14, 2008 12:28 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Is that...

Yeah, what they are are x-rays that they took with a live x-ray machine (c-arm). The doctors use the machine to see what things look like inside as they work. You can also save spot images, which are what you have. Those c-arm spots are never the best quality in the world, but they get the job done.

lisae

lisae - May 14, 2008 12:37 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Is that...

Thanks for the explanation! I never really asked my surgeon much about the technology they would use, but what I would be able to do afterwards. My most important question was would I be able to climb...

supermarmot

supermarmot - May 15, 2008 1:34 am - Hasn't voted

fancy!

nice to know that you can get one of those contraptions and then be talking about climbing a just few months later! i'll probably need a few of them if i keep up my current lifestyle... maybe by then they'll be available at costco?


but seriously lisa, best of luck with recovery! i've been following the threads and it sounds like it's going to work out really well for you.

cheers,
david

SusanM

SusanM - May 22, 2008 7:47 am - Hasn't voted

Best Wishes

for a quick recovery!

lisae

lisae - May 22, 2008 2:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Best Wishes

Thanks! Things are going well. I've gone on a few hikes & I've even done some easy top ropping in the gym! So I am happy...

Viewing: 1-9 of 9