User Profile Image

User Profile Image

Tomek Lodowy
on Sep 6, 2009 5:40 am
Image ID: 549952

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-8 of 8
yatsek

yatsek - Sep 6, 2009 8:22 am - Voted 10/10

Backpacking

How heavy was your backpack?

Tomek Lodowy

Tomek Lodowy - Sep 6, 2009 8:40 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Backpacking

I bet something above 20 kilos not more.

Rodnei = Heaven for backpackers.

Tomek

peterbud

peterbud - Sep 9, 2009 6:06 pm - Voted 10/10

What was your route?

Have you walked the complete ridge, or descended to Borsa?

Tomek Lodowy

Tomek Lodowy - Sep 10, 2009 5:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: What was your route?

We descended from Pietros steeply down via Buhaescu lakes towards Repede valley, where we camped the last time in the mountains, descending next day via that long and wild valley towards Borsa.

Descent in Repede valley was longer and a bit more complicated than expected...

Tomek

peterbud

peterbud - Sep 11, 2009 3:29 am - Voted 10/10

Re: What was your route?

Heh... what a coincidence... we did the same! :) The valley is fantastic (with great hidden waterfalls) but hadn't we met two blueberry-pickers, we would have got lost a bit. I liked those stream crossings... :)

Tomek Lodowy

Tomek Lodowy - Sep 17, 2009 6:12 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: What was your route?

We reached the highest point of these waterfalls at the beggining of the last day in the mountains and then the roar of falling water accompanied us for quite a long while descending through these wild and steep jungle.
Right, those stream crossings were the most enjoyable part of the way down for me, though I lost one of my trek boots tagged not too well to my backpack somewhere in the water above and I need to go back to find it heh, luckily it was there. My friend took dry way by some path in thick bushes on the left side of the stream, I still don't understand why, the day was extremely hot hiking down through that water was just a pure fun and some huge relief for my sun-injured legs...believe me or not they're still itching me!

Tomek

peterbud

peterbud - Sep 18, 2009 3:26 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: What was your route?

Well I tried both the dry (balancing on logs across the stream) and wet methods. Both were fun. The only problem was that the sun was already on its way down and we were still in the woods, losing the path from time to time. And the blueberry-pickers were faster than us in the stream because they wore rubber boots :)

TyeDyeTwins

TyeDyeTwins - Nov 19, 2009 3:26 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice 1

Looks like it was a great hike.....well at least really beautiful.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8