TrailWise.PeaceInWilderness

Offline

A Little About Me

In 1973 my brother, Jeff, and I (Mike) moved out of Denver, and built a cabin up Boulder Creek on private property owned by the son of a Denver lawyer who Jeff had befriended in Denver. Jeff lived there from '73 to '76 when I was in Steamboat. In '77 Jeff got a job as the ranch hand at Slate Cr. Ranch (Charlie Lund). I lived in the Boulder Cr. cabin with my girlfriend/fiancee in "79 to '81. My friends and I explored all over the north end of the Gore. I climbed Powell twice, and Guyselman once. One May night we climbed up on Mt. Bledsoe on frozen snow pack to watch a lunar eclipse. We named that ridge "Lunar Toons Ridge". Bubble Lake is among my top 5 favorite high mountain lakes. I climbed a steep peak above Bubble one time. There was a mountain goat above me knocking little rocks down that whizzed past my head at one point. I live down in the city now and I miss the Gore. I went back last week (Aug19 - 21, 2014) for the first time in decades. I went to upper Cataract for the first time. I intended to go to Dora, but was not able to. I want to go back, and get up to Dora and Cliff lakes. I have always wanted to go there. I would like to have a companion to go with this September.

My Images

See all of my 1 Images:

My Lists

Show Lists

Content loading here...

Messages Relevant to Me

Messages Posted to My Contributions

Show Messages

Content loading here...

Replies to My Messages

Show Messages

Content loading here...

Messages I Posted/ Editable Objects

Messages I've Posted

Show Messages

Content loading here...

Objects I Can Edit

Show Objects

Content loading here...

Reviews I Posted/Reviews Posted to my Gear

Reviews I've Posted

Show Reviews

Content loading here...

Reviews Posted to my Gear

Show Reviews

Content loading here...

Objects Others Have Attached to My Objects

Show Attached Objects

Content loading here...

Photos Others Have Attached to My Objects

Show Attached Photos

Content loading here...