USGS Peak Comments

TLPAdventurous

TLP

Some great work here. Must be pretty cool to go out and climb this seldom climbed mountain. Nice!
Posted Aug 29, 2009 8:58 am

BeDrinkableGreat page Sean.

BeDrinkable

I can't believe this peak didn't have a page before now. Fantastic pics, as always.
Posted Aug 31, 2009 10:34 am

SawtoothSeanThanks

SawtoothSean

Thanks for checking out the page. I'm not too surprised that it didn't have a page because there were only 2 registered signatures in the summit log and you don't hear a whole lot about this peak with all the 12ers in the area. Even the original surveyors used a helicopter to get up! Still, it IS the 10th highest and deserves some attention.
Posted Sep 1, 2009 1:44 am

brendonGood Page

brendon

Overlooked peak. I attached it to the Idaho 11ers page.

Looks like you've been dabbling in hdr a bit?

Posted Sep 29, 2009 7:10 pm

SawtoothSeanRe: Good Page

SawtoothSean

Thanks for checking it out and attaching to the 11ers page. I have been using HDR for many of my pictures to varying degrees. It looks as if your "Mt. Idaho over Cedar Creek" photo is of HDR? It's a fun way to optimize colors and contrasts when perhaps the lighting isn't perfect or the camera can't properly represent the scene. I think I read somewhere that an HDR photo is closer to what the eye really sees than any native photo. For me, it's finding the balance act so it's enhanced, but not too far out.
Posted Sep 29, 2009 8:47 pm

brendonRe: Good Page

brendon

Yeah, I've been using hdr tonemapping for a while now.
Posted Sep 30, 2009 3:40 am

DrGranolaNice.

DrGranola

Nice work topping out! Im hoping to find the top of this peak. How tricky is the road?
Posted Jan 28, 2011 11:55 pm

SawtoothSeanThanks

SawtoothSean

Road is easy- it's the approach that's tiresome- there's an old trail that's washed out in many places (think crossing a creek 25x). After you leave the approach valley, the upper basin is no walk in the park either- sidehilling talus. But the summit ridge is way cool and it will be a well earned reward!
Posted Jan 31, 2011 6:25 pm

patascentNice job

patascent

Thanks for the great Beta. That's a tough climb and some wild land.
Posted Jul 21, 2013 12:12 pm