Vatican Hill Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
bruno baschung

bruno baschung - May 27, 2016 4:03 am Date Climbed: May 24, 2016

circuit  Sucess!

Reaching Vatican's highest natural point involves a visit to beautiful Vatican's garden and reaching is natural high point. there are two likely spots, one being at the foot at Radio Vatican's mast (which is the version proposed here) the other being the foot of Saint John's tower, about 200m further. According to my personal GPS Reading (accuracy being +/- 3m when reading), the actual hoghest point seems to be the foot of saint John's tower. When booking the tour, ask therefor to the guide you want to pass through this point to be sure you get to this point. Reaching the foot of Radio Vatican's mast is usely a bit trockier involving leaving the main guided circuit by about 25/35 m. You may get the permission (not certain) from the guide as long as you stay in visual contact with the group for security reasons. You won't face this problem if you walk at the foot of Saint John's tower.

bruno baschung

Jow

Jow - Aug 30, 2015 5:22 pm Date Climbed: Aug 29, 2015

Hot Garden stroll  Sucess!

Wasn't planning on ticking this highpoint but had free morning and the fam was coming here anyways. Took the garden tour when guide stopped to speak about radio tower I snuck back and went up small hill on mountains front page. But than after that we walked to French garden which seemed higher so I took picture there. Than later still outside of St Johns tower the guide said we were at highest point and it did seem so. So anyways I'm sure I high pointed this country but not sure exactly when.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Vatican Hill' main page