Veľký Rozsutec Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
jck

jck - Aug 29, 2005 11:58 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Another trail leads from Sedlo Medziholie.The Sedlo(pass) is reachable from both sides(marked path from Stefanova).On Medziholie there was a hut but it was burnt down in January 1985.From the pass red marked path starts climbing toward the top. It's easy via ferrata but the trail is much more difficult than the route fom Medzirozsutce. So if you plan to traverse the summit it will be better to go up from Medziholie and descent via Medzirozsutce.

Nice idea is to go from Medziholie,climb Velky Rozsutec, descent to Medzirozsutce then climb Maly Rozsutec(1343 masl)-it's much more difficult than Velky Rozsutec and views from the top are much prettier.

jck

jck - Aug 29, 2005 12:00 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

All the informations about accomodation and festivals that take place in Terchova you may find there: http://www.terchova.sk/

jck

jck - Aug 29, 2005 12:05 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

http://www.zsr.sk/cestpo.php

The time schedule of Slovakian Railways.

visentin

visentin - Jan 18, 2008 2:39 am - Voted 10/10

Rozsutec best mountain outside Tatras

Let's mention that Rozsutec is for many people the best mountain of Slovakia and Poland together, outside the Tatras.

http://h.visentin.free.fr/carpates/rozsutec.html

A long but rewarding route can consist in climbing it from Stefanova from the South, then descending to the North (as described in my page), then climb Maly Rozsutec, and descend throug the gorges of Horné Diery till Podžiar. Then, it's possible to end the walk and come back to Stefanova, or continue with the exploration of Nové Diery.
Boboty is also worth a half day hike in the same area.

visentin

visentin - Jan 18, 2008 2:44 am - Voted 10/10

Poludnové skaly

Does anyone know about the route named "Poludnové skaly" on this ancien map ? Looks like on new maps this trail has been closed :

http://mapy.mk.cvut.cz/data/Slovensko-Slovakia/MF.Vratna.dolina.jpg

visentin

visentin - Oct 14, 2008 3:01 am - Voted 10/10

Horné Diery & Nové Diery

Hello !
I've made a canyon page for these 2 places. Perhaps you could report the informations connected to them from the Rozsutec page to it and put the names in links ? (I've given you edit rights on the Horné & Nové Diery page).
Rozsutec is such a fine mountain with so many features that perhaps it deserves more space for itself only. (I can upload more Rozsutec pics if you want).
My next projects are 2 more interesting canyons in Slovakia !

Cheers Eric

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Veľký Rozsutec' main page