Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Not a bad start. Here are a few suggestions:

Getting There: How do you get to the summit from where you park your car at the trailhead or the first switchback?

Red Tape: Is Vemillion Peak in a national forest, wilderness area, or BLM? If so, where can I call or write to get info?

Are there any guidebooks or maps for the area?

Finally, a signature photo would be the icing on the cake.
Posted Jun 21, 2004 10:10 am

mountainmotaUntitled Comment

mountainmota

Thanks for the feedback on my page, it is my first attempt at this and I can use all the help I can get. I tried to add some more information and some photos I took of the area. I am still looking for more, and will add them as I find them. Thanks for the help! Climb high!
Posted Jun 26, 2004 9:08 am

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Not bad for a first page. I agree with the comments below.
Posted Jun 21, 2004 11:40 am

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Nice start and first page! A route and some more pictures would be nice if you could get a hold of them. Nice mountain and a good start though. Good climbing to you!
Posted Jun 21, 2004 3:49 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Do you have any route photos? Not a big deal if you don't. The biggest thing missing is a route, which can be an issue when submitting a page to SP, considering we have no idea how to reach the summit of Vermillion Peak. Otherwise I think the page is very good.
Posted Jun 21, 2004 9:49 pm

Larry VUntitled Comment

Larry V

I'm glad to see this peak on SP. It is high on my personal wish list. More photos would be great - hopefully other SP members will contribute some over time. I added a guide book link.
Posted Jun 30, 2004 7:52 pm

AndyUntitled Comment

Andy

Nice work.
Posted Jul 18, 2004 9:31 pm

RyanSUntitled Comment

RyanS

The details are now here, but this page could be a lot better and does not live up to the standards of the Rockies group, IMO. Vermilion is located in one of the most beautiful places in the San Juans, and this page needs to show people this fact. An overview of Ice Lakes Basin would be highly appropriate.

Regarding the 4WD approach, you have to mention the waterfall crossing at the end of the cutoff trail, which during times of runoff would be impassable or at least QUITE exciting.
Posted Aug 18, 2005 1:01 pm