Vesper Peak, March 5th, 2010

Vesper Peak, March 5th, 2010

Page Type Page Type: Album

March 5th, 2010

Vesper PeakWinter Route to Summit
On March 5th, 2010 my buddy CHAMmccutchen and I made it to the top of Vesper Peak. We took the standard sunrise mine trail and over Headlee Pass. The weather was great and views were amazing. I would like to come back in the summer and experience the clean slabs to the Summit. I can't imagine going up Headlee Pass when its loose rock and talus though. That does not sound like a ton of fun. For us, the conditions were deep snow and some ice in sections. This made for slow traveling on such a steep incline. Headlee Pass should not be attempted without the right winter snow gear. There wasn't a boot path to the summit, however a group had recently climbed to the summit and skied back. We followed the ski and snowboard tracks which stayed somewhat firm when the sun started to warm up.

Wirtz Basin
Vesper Peak

Headlee Pass
Vesper Peak
Morning Star Peak
Vesper Peak



Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
gimpilator

gimpilator - Mar 8, 2010 3:22 pm - Voted 10/10

Thumbs Up!!!

Nice job. Not everyone makes it to the top of Vesper in the winter or early spring. You should be proud.

EricChu

EricChu - Mar 8, 2010 6:31 pm - Voted 10/10

A very enjoyable album!

Spectacular tour - and great photos you took of it!

SouthernYokel

SouthernYokel - Mar 8, 2010 7:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Brah!

Such a great hike! Finally something that I feel days later...

Viewing: 1-3 of 3


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.