Via ferrata Crete Rosse

Via ferrata Crete Rosse

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.57160°N / 13.21710°E
Additional Information Route Type: Ferrata
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: E
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The origin of ferrata begins on Traversata Carnica, (Karnischer Höhenweg) on south side of Creta di Aip (path 403). Traversata Canica may reached from Rudnig Alm over saddle Rudnig Sattel (one houre) or from Passo del Cason di Lanza (1552m). Aproximatly 15 minutes from Rudnig Sattel we seeing in the wall inclined wide and expresive couloir. Here goes up ferrata.

Route Description


Ferrata start up with unexpressive grove. We easy climb up along fixed ropes and pegs. Little higer the grove were widend to deep couloir. It is easy climb. In the midle of ferrata we turned towards to the edge of couloir. On exposed edge climb up 30m to the stone shaft. We climb through shaft and stayed at little plateau. Here is an box with inscription book. We are allmoast at the top of ferrata. Just a some clamb in a good wall and we reach grassy slopes of Creta Di Aip. From entrance to exit of ferrata 30min – 45 min for 150 m hight. To the summit you need still 45 minutes, so you have time to look arround your self .

Essential Gear


Via ferrata equipment (helmet, eventually a climbing belt for the ferrata) .

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.