Vimy Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Old School WB

Old School WB - Mar 16, 2012 11:55 am Date Climbed: Aug 29, 2004

Long hike  Sucess!

Parked at Maskinonge Lake, hiked south (Wishbone Trail?) towards Middle Waterton Lake. Up well plodded trail on North East side of peak, then South Ridge to summit. Beautiful summer day with Martin Siddles.

vanman798

vanman798 - Oct 22, 2007 1:11 am Date Climbed: Jul 5, 2008

Amazing Wild Flowers  Sucess!

July 5, 2008 -- Successfully summited. The wild flowers all along the approach route were amazing; there must have been maybe hundreds of different kinds. We biked the wishbone trail to the fork, and we had to ford the Belly river. The ascent (biking plus walking) took 4 hours. The descent took 3 hours. See our summit video.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I can't remember the date when I first attempted this peak. Might have been summer of 1993, anyway it was in the early 90's and we weren't 100% successful, stopped just shy of the peak.

Another time I was mountain biking on the Wishbone trail, and came around a blind corner only to encounter a Grizzly bear!

Yet another time, after finsihing a ride on the Wishbone trail, while eating lunch sitting on the tail gate of my truck I watched a huge cougar cross the Chief Mountain Highway.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Vimy Peak' main page