Vladeasa Massif, is situated in the northrn part of the Apuseni Mountains, having extensive altitude plateaus and a geomorphic structure of vulcanic rocks. The sides of the mountains descend northwards and the massif is split into two distinct parts by the Dragan river. The eastern part is the most important for tourism; it is confined in the North by the Crisul Repede river, in the West by the Dragan river, in the East by the Hent river and by the Cris -Somes watershed; this area has the appearance of a volcanic plateau. The Vladeasa Massif is mostly appreciated by a great number of tourists due to its hiking itineraries which lead in all directions.
1. From the city of Huedin begins a road to Calatele and to Belis villages which has as an ending point the village of Albac on the other side of the Gilaului Mountains. From the village of Sancrai, you have to take the road to Sacuieu and Rogojel, which is the starting point of the trail leading to the Vladeasa Cottage.
2. On the E60 road Cluj-Oradea, near the railway station Bologa, take the road to the village with the same name. From here starts a marked trail to Vladeasa passing through the villages Tranis and Lunca Visagului.
1. Rogojel - Cottage Vladeasa
Marking sign: blue triangle Time: 1 1/2 -2 h
2. Cottage Vladeasa - Pietrele Albe (leave the marking sign and go through the Stanciu Valley )- Cascada Rachitele
Marking sign: blue strip Time: 1 day (circuit, return to the cottage Vladeasa)
3. Bologa - Tranis- Lunca Visagului - Poiana Banisorului ( glade )- Cottage Vladeasa
Marking sign: blue strip Time : 4-5 h ( in summer )
4. Cottage Vladeasa - Pietrele Albe ( white stones - easy to spot ) - Piatra Talharului - Britei Peak (1758 m)- Carligatele Peak (you leave the blue strip and enter on the marking sign to Padis which is red strip) - Cottage Padis
Marking sign: Time: 14h (in summer) ; 2 days
5. The trail marked with a blue strip goes to Stana de Vale.
no permits required, and no fees
When To Climb
any time of ear
you can find here some usefull information about the trail
you can find some trails on this map
Additions and Corrections[ Post an Addition or Correction ]