Wadi Rum Comments

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
BigLee

BigLee - Feb 1, 2009 11:23 am - Voted 10/10

Duplicate

Unfortunately there's already a Wadi Rum page:

http://www.summitpost.org/area/range/185973/wadi-rum-jordan.html

Probably worth mailing the maintainer of the above page and trying to combine efforts, else one will likely get deleted for being a duplicate. That said, for the record I think this page is a lot better than the original one so good effort.

Bubba Suess

Bubba Suess - Feb 2, 2009 1:07 pm - Voted 10/10

DUPLICATE

As already stated, this page is a duplicate. I think you have made a good contribution here and the page does have a lot of superior elements to the original page. However, the rules of SP prohibit the creation of duplicate pages, even if the original one sucks. I have run into this problem on numerous occasions and have had to cope. Perhaps you can do a variety of pages on cliffs and routes within the area instead. Ultimately, it is likely that your page will be deleted, and not by you. To avoid this unfortunate occurrence I strongly suggest you try to collaborate with the owner of the original Wadi Rum page. You seem to have a good knowledge of the area and the ability to make good pages. I hope that this incident does not dissuade you from further contributions to SP.

Jek

Jek - Feb 8, 2009 5:43 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: DUPLICATE

Thanks, I mailed the owner of the original Wadi Rum page, and I hope we will find the best decision of a problem.

Dmitry Pruss

Dmitry Pruss - Feb 8, 2009 11:31 am - Voted 10/10

Bedouin?

Some routes are marked as "bedouin", what does it mean? Also what are the suggestions for getting around within Wadi Rum (between the villages and the rocks) - is it a walking distance or one needs to hire help?

Nice page actually. I think Chief is a personality and better not to intrude on his turf with duplicate pages, but it's easy to correct, just change your page type, make it a mountain or a canyon or logistical ctr or even a custom page, and it is no longer a duplicate then

Jek

Jek - Feb 8, 2009 5:40 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Bedouin?

Thanks a lot for your interesting, I'll add all this..

The routes are marked as "bedouin" meaning that it was first climbed by local Bedouin people. This routes are long and features a complex route finding, a lot scrambling and some climbing sections up to 5+ moves.

There ara only one village - Rum, & a lot desert bedouin camps. To J.Rum & J. um Ishrin it is a walking distance. Getting to Barrah and others will need 4 wheel-drive up to 60JD ~ 80$ for the most remote area (2ways).

BigLee

BigLee - Feb 9, 2009 11:24 am - Voted 10/10

Custom Object

I think changing this page to a custom object is a bad move. It's clearly a geographical area and still a duplicate. It just means that people aren't going to find your page when searching under area/ranges. Bad solution. I'd change it back.

Jek

Jek - Oct 1, 2009 5:44 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent TR

Thanks a lot for good words..

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Wadi Rum' main page