Viewing: 21-37 of 37 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

Brian JenkinsI wish I could

Brian Jenkins

vote on this one twice. Really great job.
Posted Sep 19, 2007 4:03 pm

mrhRe: I wish I could

mrh

Thanks Brian, I'm glad you like it.
Posted Sep 20, 2007 11:41 am

CoraxFish

Corax

Now I even know what kind of fish I can find in the area.
Excellent page!
Posted Nov 21, 2007 11:40 am

mrhRe: Fish

mrh

Thanks Corax.
Posted Nov 22, 2007 12:10 pm

reinhard2Very well done

reinhard2

and a luring presentation - I hope I can get there some day.
Also an enormously assiduous work, how long did it take you?
Posted Nov 21, 2007 2:21 pm

mrhRe: Very well done

mrh

I don't recall how long it took me. Probably several days of an hour or two here than there. I really need to update it however since there has been some good material submitted by others that could improve the look.
Posted Nov 22, 2007 12:12 pm

DustinOlanour the man

DustinOlano

i hope to someday make a page half as cool as all yours are. i am going there this summer. I plan on going to mirror lake. do u have any other suggestions.
Posted May 13, 2009 6:04 pm

mrhRe: ur the man

mrh

Geeze, anywhere in the Wallowas is great. Hard to suggest any particular spot. Mirror Lake and the lake basin is certainly a fantastic place. The one negative about it is you will likely have company there. Though its not so bad. We camped there on Labor Day 1997 and had many camps all around us. But no one could see eachother because of the terrain. If you avoid Labor
Day you'll still have company, but probably not too many, especially if you avoid the weekends.
Posted May 13, 2009 6:20 pm

MalibuWOW!

Malibu

Just found this site a few days ago and this page is amazing! So much info on the Wallowas in one place. I made 3 pack trips with my family into the Eagle Cap Wilderness between the ages of 5 and 7 in the late '60s, camping around Horseshoe and Douglas Lakes. This gives some depth to those fond memories. I learned a lot during those experiences--like where to be in a high-mountain electrical storm.
Posted Aug 10, 2009 1:01 pm

mrhRe: WOW!

mrh

Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed the page.
Posted Aug 10, 2009 1:41 pm

calebEOCDoes Minam Lake...

calebEOC

Drain into both the Lostine and Minam Rivers like the topo shows it doing?
Posted Aug 29, 2010 8:50 pm

mrhRe: Does Minam Lake...

mrh

I believe it does. It had a natural outlet into one and then they put a low dam on it to raise the lake level a little so it flows out the other as well. I'm not sure which is the natural outflow and which has been created.
Posted Aug 31, 2010 7:18 pm

polarjudElkhorn Peak

polarjud

I noticed that there is no SummitPost page for it. Anyone on this site done it? Which side is the easiest approach?
Posted Aug 21, 2011 9:52 pm

mrhRe: Elkhorn Peak

mrh

I don't know if anyone has done it or not, but yes there is no page yet. I have been hoping to head down there for a few years, but haven't been able to get away. I know Caleb (see comments above) started to last year, but had to abort when he strained his knee. He might now the best way. Looking at the map, I have had the thought of heading straight up the south face after hiking the trail from the trailhead on the Lostine River. But generally I arrive at a mountain and decide at the time depending on what I see.
Posted Aug 22, 2011 10:28 pm

polarjudRe: Elkhorn Peak

polarjud

Thanks! Well, I will be up there next week with a buddy and report back on what we find.
Posted Sep 1, 2011 7:47 am

polarjudRe: Elkhorn Peak

polarjud

Well, we looked at it from the west and decided it looked a bit much for us. There are several intermediate points to be crossed that look rather difficult. Might be more vulnerable from the east.
Posted Sep 14, 2011 11:11 pm

mrhRe: Elkhorn Peak

mrh

Yes, I always thought I would need to do it from the east as well. Maybe someday.
Posted Sep 16, 2011 10:47 pm