Walton Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Mar 7, 2006 9:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Funny sense of humor

You made this page because you are "really board and everyone else is in bed." Climbing Walton Peak is like "eating a squirrel." Actually, I think its good to have some mountains on SP that are better to climb in winter.

Dmitry Pruss

Dmitry Pruss - Mar 7, 2006 11:24 pm - Hasn't voted

it looks like a swipe at

some of my winter route descriptions LOL. No flowers and no fish in the lakes :) I was also thinking about posting a really low, really flat mountain, The Dell of North Fk Provo in W Uintas. At least the Dell is also *really* inaccessible, no roads, no trails, no 'bilers tracks, with cliffs guarding most of its sides.

The problem with posting descriptions for certain kinds of mountains is that those who are most likely to go there are also the least likely to need instructions :))

Jeremy Hakes

Jeremy Hakes - Aug 19, 2013 4:38 pm - Voted 10/10

Guide book??

Scott - what guide book are you referencing?

Scott

Scott - Aug 19, 2013 4:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Guide book??

Hiking the Boat II

The book is good, but is mostly geared for easy hikes on trails.

chicagotransplant

chicagotransplant - Feb 22, 2016 12:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Aternate Route

If you want to avoid the snowmobiles, part at Walton Creek winter TH, maybe 1/2 mile west of the snowmobile demarcation line, and take the 3A and 3C trails (blue diamonds) past North Walton Peak and then break trail up the north ridge to the summit. Its kind of a round-about way to get their, but peaceful. Some snowmobile tracks right at the summit, but mostly this is a snowshoe/ski only route.

Scott

Scott - Feb 27, 2016 4:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Aternate Route

Thanks for the information! I'll have to look into the route.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Walton Peak' main page