Wasatch 11,000 foot peaks Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
KirkSchly

KirkSchly - Mar 28, 2023 12:24 pm

Complete

Climbed all ranked 11,000 ft peaks mostly between 2009-2011.

Josh Behunin

Josh Behunin - Aug 13, 2021 9:04 pm Date Climbed: Aug 13, 2021

Finally finished   Sucess!

I started this quest for the Wasatch 11enders in June 2018, 3 years ago and I am proud to say we were able to complete every peak on the list. Can't wait to knock out all the utah 13ners

Rocky Alps

Rocky Alps - Jul 19, 2016 12:41 am Date Climbed: Jul 18, 2016

Ranked Wasatch 11ers  Sucess!

I finally finished a personal goal to summit all twenty ranked Wasatch peaks over 11,000 feet in elevation (having at least 300 feet of prominence) with a memorable ascent of South Timpanogos.
The Wasatch mountains have given me a treasure trove of awesome experiences that I will never forget. With the exception of the traverse to East Provo Peak (the nasty rock on that route makes it the only one I did that I would consider truly dangerous), I've enjoyed all of them, and have already done several repeats. My favorite routes include out-and-back hikes up Mount Nebo, Mount Superior, and Lone Peak, longer loop hikes such as the Bullion Divide, Beatout, and Triple Traverse ridge scrambles, as well as any route on Mount Timpanogos.
Whether it was the opportunity to witness the alpenglow of a beautiful sunrise on the face of a majestic peak, the soothing breeze of a cool wind whipping across an exposed ridge, the rush of cruising down a scree or snow slope, or the feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction after a long but successful summit day, I feel greatly blessed for every one of these experiences, blisters and all. The challenge of completing all of the Wasatch 11ers provided just the right level of difficulty for someone like myself who enjoys a good non-technical scramble. It was also the perfect goal for me since the ease of access to these peaks from the SLC/Provo area didn't require traveling long distances or being away from my family for extended periods of time. Hiking in the Wasatch has instilled in me a great appreciation for the outdoors which I hope to pass on to my family and others.

gimpilator

gimpilator - Jul 18, 2016 7:44 pm

1 so far

Timpanogos

edge

edge - Sep 20, 2015 6:06 pm Date Climbed: Sep 20, 2015

Yeeeeeeah, Booooy!  Sucess!

After over a year of climbing in the Wasatch, I've finally done it!! Completing all of the Wasatch 11'ers has been quite the task! It's been an absolutely amazing experience. Sometimes it's been a little frustrating bagging all of them (I'm looking at you Pk 11010 and pk 11007). But even some of the more insignificant mountains have provided me with loads of cool vistas and great experiences. Definitely worth it to complete this challenge. I'll be back for a couple of the classics like Lone Peak, Timp, and Broad's Fork Twin Peaks for sure. Highly recommend this list or at least some of these mountains!

AjaxHiker - Sep 9, 2015 3:00 pm Date Climbed: Aug 30, 2015

Long project  Sucess!

I had completed the ranked 11ers some time ago, but finally completed all the unranked ones on this list as well by nabbing AF South and unnamed 11007 as add-ons to the Bullion Divide. Good feeling to have visited so many diverse places in the Wasatch!

apachedino

apachedino - Oct 26, 2013 6:23 pm Date Climbed: Sep 18, 2013

Finally  Sucess!

Finished with an ascent of Razorback Ridge on South Timp. Cant believe it took me this long as some of these peaks (like Lone) I have done 10 different ways. I have not run all the peaks like runbyu1 above as I think alot of the peaks do not make for pleasant running and boots are a more enjoyable option (East Provo, North Thunder etc), I did however run Timp and Pfeifferhorn a few times during my ultra days and they make for fine runs. 2:48 RT on Timp is something I am proad of still. Can't recall, but I wrote Pfeiffs somewhere too, somewhere in the 2:30+ range I believe. Highlights: Hematoma Quad from Coalpit and down Big Willow (with snow), Cottonwood Ridge via Deaf Smith on Broads, Freedom Ridge for East Provo, (all the ridge runs a re pretty classy), snowboarding the North Coulior on Nebo, South Summit Coulior on Lone, Hypodermic Needle Coulior on N. Thunder, Triple Traverse (nearly mandatory for a utah hiker), Everest Ridge on Timp, Grunge up/Cold Fusion Glissade down on N. Timp. Lots of good times in these mountains and plenty more to come. I feel so lucky to have grown up in such an easily accesible area. It has shaped my life for sure.

runbyu1

runbyu1 - Sep 21, 2013 2:00 am Date Climbed: Sep 20, 2013

Ran 'em all!  Sucess!

Finally! Yesterday's ascent of Bomber Peak and North Timp marked the finale for me of running to the top of all the 11,000+ ft peaks in the Wasatch! What an incredible experience that brought with it many challenges, tense moments, and beautiful times!
I'm a bit shocked that no one else has signed this climbers log as I am sure a few others have completed this challenge. As far as I know, I am the first to run as much as possible while completing each mountain---if not, I would love to hear if someone else has! Thanks to Summitpost for helping me find the routes to each summit and to AltraFootwear.com for the couple of sturdy pair of Lone Peak shoes that got me to all the summits!

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Wasatch 11,000 foot peaks' main page