Viewing: 1-20 of 21 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

Sam MillsUntitled Comment

Sam Mills

Glenn,

I'm giving this page 4 stars because I think I know what you're tying to accomplish, and I think it's a good idea.

Hope I can add to it later this Spring.

Sam
Posted Feb 27, 2005 11:21 pm

maraudersUntitled Comment

marauders

The finished product will be very helpful. You've got a good thing going. As this page grows over time, it would be good to catagorize the routes under their respective ranges (wasatch, uinta, etc.) Keep it up!
Posted Mar 7, 2005 2:01 pm

icekeyUntitled Comment

I greatly appreciate your time and effort, I'm going to college at the U this fall and I'm excited to give these a try.
Posted May 1, 2005 8:49 pm

PellucidWombatUntitled Comment

PellucidWombat

You're getting a lot of flak for this page, but I think that so far it looks to be a nice overview of semi-technical and technical routes in the Wasatch. There is room for improvement, and I would be happy to help. I'll e-mail you more about ideas later.

BTW, once concern from SPers is if you have gotten permission from the submitters of existing routes to link to them. I don't know whether or not you have, but while I doubt that the submitters would care, it would be a good courtesy to extend and to avoid controversy over copyright issues.

Oh, and two more things - perhaps you should have a technical i ce (AI or WI) rating that is separate from the snow ratings. For the 4th class rating, technically a route is considered 3rd when hands are used mostly for balance, and 4th when hands & upper body are needed actively (e.g. lifting, pulling, hand jambs) to make upward progress.
Posted Feb 28, 2005 5:38 pm

MoniUntitled Comment

Moni

This is becoming a better page - nice overview.
Posted Feb 28, 2005 7:26 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

I'm not sure this belongs on summitpost. Obviously it is easier to create this page on summitpost, than on your own. I'm willing to see where it comes out. For now, check your spelling "differnet formats???"

Also, no point to this page without photos to give it some life of its own, and to better describe what you are talking about.

Utah has plenty of coverage for the Wasatch and Uinta...so I hope this page does not regurgitate content from those already great pages.

Keep going with it.
Posted Mar 1, 2005 12:59 pm

maraudersUntitled Comment

marauders

Posted Mar 7, 2005 2:03 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Interesting page. We will know when you are done with this page when you have submitted as many maps having Provo on the left side as the Eastern Alps folks have submitted maps with Villach at the top

:-)
Posted Mar 8, 2005 7:41 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

I like it. I can tell you worked you're ass off writing this page.
Posted Mar 8, 2005 8:57 pm

NelsonUntitled Comment

Nelson

I started out having doubts about this page but it has turned out great. Nice work.
Posted Mar 9, 2005 9:39 am

Martin CashUntitled Comment

Martin Cash

Looking much better. Nice work, it seams like a valuable resource now.
Posted Mar 21, 2005 9:12 pm

Matthew HollimanUntitled Comment

Matthew Holliman

I haven't climbed in Utah yet, but when I do, this page will come in handy. Great resource!
Posted Mar 22, 2005 2:54 am

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

I withheld judgment until I saw a better representation and I like it a lot. Wonderful job. This page will continually grow and require much attention, which I know you are prepared to give or you wouldn't have done it. Well executed concept. Excellent and congratulations!
Posted Mar 23, 2005 12:04 am

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Initially I thought this was not the best approach to doing things but man, you really put some work into this! Looks good and quite useful (yet another "tic list" to consider :)

Great job!
Posted Mar 23, 2005 1:20 pm

CharlesDUntitled Comment

CharlesD

Glenn, this is a great resource. It breaks from the structure of SP somewhat, but is a nice summary and a better implementation of the European Groups page archetype. Keep up the good work!
Posted May 2, 2005 11:18 am

Gabriele RothUntitled Comment

Gabriele Roth

a very useful and well done job starting from a fine idea !!
Posted May 2, 2005 11:51 am

GlennMerrillRe: List

GlennMerrill

I changed it to a list. I made the page in SPv1 and list wasn't an option.
Posted Jun 28, 2006 10:53 pm

Bob SihlerWasatch Alpine Climbs

Bob Sihler

I don't know what this page looked like at first to cause some of the critical feedback I read on it, but this is an excellent page now; it's very useful and I'm glad it's here.
Posted Feb 3, 2007 12:56 pm

PocketsOfBlueAdditions

PocketsOfBlue

Might I suggest adding a section for the Lone Peak Cirque in the Alpine Rock section -- It's often overlooked but has the best multi-pitch routes in the Wasatch, hands down.
Posted Jul 21, 2008 12:53 pm

Travis AtwoodGreat Page

Travis Atwood

Thanks for putting this together Glenn. It's a great resource.
Posted Jan 30, 2009 12:49 pm