Washer Woman Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 65 « PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT »

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thank you for the good vote Marco!
Posted Nov 29, 2005 4:37 pm

William MarlerUntitled Comment

William Marler

Nice page already. Cheers William
Posted Nov 29, 2005 12:01 pm

DigglerUntitled Comment

Diggler

Nice one, Radek. Gotta make it to the SW sometime to climb.
Posted Nov 29, 2005 12:20 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thanks Dirk!

Cool place definitely. The climbing is top notch but so is the rest of the experience.......camping in the middle of the Utah desert - unbeatable!
Posted Nov 29, 2005 5:23 pm

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

You must have stock or some sweet deal with an airline. :- )
Posted Nov 29, 2005 1:16 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thanks Brian.

No, no airline deal....driving the 1000 mile stretch (4 day wknd. is plenty for that :)
Posted Nov 29, 2005 5:25 pm

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Oh, I see. Stock in Jiffy Lube and Chevron. :- )

(you are nuts, you know that, right?)

Posted Nov 30, 2005 12:30 am

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

"you are nuts, you know that, right?"

Yeah, the gas is ridiculous but the good news is that it's A LOT cheaper in UT. We found regular for as low as 1.99/gal......makes me want to get a smaller truck....ALTHOUGH, sleeping comfortably in the bed of our truck will be hard to match.
Posted Nov 30, 2005 1:42 pm

vvujisicUntitled Comment

vvujisic

Good page and nice photos!
Posted Nov 29, 2005 2:35 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thank you for the good vote and the kind word!
Posted Nov 29, 2005 5:29 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thank you for the good vote and word.
Posted Nov 29, 2005 5:29 pm

mountaingazelleUntitled Comment

mountaingazelle

When I saw the name of the page, I knew it was you that added it. This is a really cool tower and arch. I've seen it from the rim of Island in the Sky many times.
Posted Nov 29, 2005 2:56 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thank you very much for the good vote and good word :)
Posted Nov 29, 2005 5:31 pm

DuseksUntitled Comment

Duseks

Radek does it again. Nice page

-Scotty
Posted Nov 29, 2005 3:41 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thanks Scotty. Appreciate the good vote.

radek
Posted Nov 29, 2005 5:31 pm

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Good page. Now you have to climb Zeus and Moses!
Posted Nov 29, 2005 4:47 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thanks for visiting and voting Scott.

Oh man, there are so many good looking towers in that park.....Moses, Zeus, Monster, Standing Rock, Chip & Dale, on and on and on....Need to move to SLC or something closer.
Posted Nov 29, 2005 5:32 pm

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Yea, you will have to move out there sometime.

Some of my friends have climbed Standing Rock. They said the thing actually sways in the wind on windy days! That would be kind of scary.
Posted Nov 30, 2005 7:29 am

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

That is one awsome looking tower (Standing Rock)!! Challenged only by that Totem Pole that is illegal to climb (it's in AZ I think - though I think Standing Rock also goes by name Totem Pole sometimes).

Scott, would your friends be able to give me some beta on getting to the base of Standing Rock (as well as on the route itself)? I know it's not straightforward and read some mixed opinions on climbingmoab.com

Much thanks for checking out the page and photos.

regards,

radek
Posted Nov 30, 2005 1:40 pm

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

I don't have any personal beta on the route, and the climb beyond my ability. I could ask for it though, and I'll email it to you.

As far as getting there, its a class 5-drive up. The road is easily class 5, and you can drive Salt Lake to Seattle faster than you can drive Salt Lake to Standing Rock (no joke). The road is rough(!), and it takes forever, but you can drive right to the rock. Here are some directions. I don't see it on climbingmoab.com, so maybe they are refering to another Standing Rock? Anyway, a perhaps better way to the rock, if you don't want to punish your 4wd, is to drive th road near the Maze Overlook, and hike the Golden Stairs Trail to the area west of Standing Rock, then walk the road. The road to Maze Overlook is still 4wd, but not as bad as the road to LAnd Of Standing Rocks/Dollhouse.

Standing Rock looks similar to Hindu Tower which also known as Totem Pole on some maps, which is also refered to as a different tower next to it on other maps. The names/maps are often confusing. I assume the one you are refering to is the one at Canyon De Chelly?

One of these days someone has got to come up with some sort of numbering system, Totem Pole #1, Standing Rock #2, etc!
Posted Dec 1, 2005 11:19 am