Washington Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
sjaxon16

sjaxon16 - Aug 20, 2016 1:10 pm Date Climbed: Aug 12, 2016

Washington peak!

One of my white cloud favorites!

DrGranola

DrGranola - Jun 22, 2014 6:36 pm Date Climbed: Jun 20, 2014

Good Day  Sucess!

From camp at Champion lakes.

Sawtooth Scott

Sawtooth Scott - Jun 30, 2013 1:24 am Date Climbed: Jul 12, 2012

Me, my son, and the goats  Sucess!

My son Tristan and I climbed this peak after enjoying a few days exploring the Chamberlain Basin. We used the Washington Basin route to the ridge. We saw two groups of mountain goats and were thrilled to watch them as we climbed. The access road demands high clearance 4wd.

idpeakgirl

idpeakgirl - Jul 20, 2011 10:27 pm Date Climbed: Aug 9, 2009

From Six Lakes basin  Sucess!

A scenic basin with a sketchy class 4 ascent in spots to gain the ridgeline. Tremendous views from the top, and wishing I'd had more time to traverse along the dreamy ridgelines calling me away from the summit in seemingly every direction. My second favorite ascent in Idaho to date.

SawtoothSean

SawtoothSean - Dec 18, 2010 2:08 pm Date Climbed: Sep 3, 2007

Very Nice  Sucess!

Part of The Traverse

Idaho Guy - Sep 6, 2007 3:00 pm Date Climbed: Sep 2, 2007

Nice trip with the kids  Sucess!

Hiked to Champion Lakes Saturday evening with the wife, two kids (11 and 14) and dog. Quite the brutal hike for such a short little thing! Climbed Washington peak the next day with all via the trail up to the saddle from Champion lakes. Beautiful, nice summit. Would be interesting to do a "ridge romp" from Washington around Champion Lakes basin to the peak to the southwest of lower Champion Lake.

IdahoSummits

IdahoSummits - Nov 13, 2006 4:27 am Date Climbed: Oct 14, 2006

Peak 4 of 6

Washington Peak was #4 of 6 on this long, but rewarding day. See Super Dave and splattski's logs for more details.

Super Dave

Super Dave - Oct 16, 2006 6:03 pm Date Climbed: Oct 14, 2006

The Turning Point  Sucess!

Traversed to Washington Peak via the east ridge, then descended the south ridge en route to Croesus Peak. It was about the halfway point of an 11 hour day and the fourth of a six-pack of peaks we bagged. The area around Washington Basin is beautiful, and the goats like it too. Played hide-and-seek with a group of about a dozen throughout the day.

Scrambling Man

Scrambling Man - Feb 16, 2006 5:08 am

Beautiful Views: Climbed from South Saddle: July 2004

Made it to the summit with my wife and our dog. Great views of Castle, the Sawtooths, and Champion Lakes. Drove to Champion Lakes TH. Took the trail to the saddle, traversed the ridge to Washington's south saddle, and then followed the ridge to the top. Made a loop back by taking the trail down into Champion Lakes.

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Washington Peak' main page