West Face Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.74660°N / 110.8519°W
Additional Information Route Type: Steep Trail
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 2+
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Follow the same approach to the main route.

Rather than head up the North Fork of Teton Creek, cross the bridges toward the trailhead for Teton Canyon. The trail begins to the left and behind the bathroom facilities.

Route Description



Trail 029 heads straight up the west face and ridge of Table Mountain. The first portion is steep and heads up 2000 feet in a little over a mile and a half. Once you pass 9000 feet the face is less steep and the rest of the climb is an easy trail, joining up with the main trail on the ridge. The only obstacles along this stretch are some small erosion channels from intermitent streams. The trail is steep, but is still well traveled. I wouldn't recommend it for tourist hikers, but those with minimal experience with rougher terrain and scrambling shouldn't have a problem.

Essential Gear


There isn't much water on the route during late summer, if any at all, so be sure to have enough for the trip. Trekking poles come in handy in the steeper sections during descent.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.