White Dome Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
theREALCarpeDM

theREALCarpeDM - Sep 4, 2018 11:16 am Date Climbed: Aug 30, 2018

From Beartown, with Peak One  Sucess!

I finally got to Beartown! While evaluating my ankle on Wednesday 8/29, I decided to rent a Jeep in Silverton and sleep in my bivy sack under the stars. With a rental, I stopped short of a gaping, muddy chasm in the road, which added about 1.5 miles each way to my hike. Was anxious the whole day about getting back in time to drive the Jeep back to Silverton, so I just climbed White Dome and then Peak One and didn't add any extra credit.

chicagotransplant

chicagotransplant - Sep 6, 2016 4:17 pm Date Climbed: Aug 28, 2016

Early Season Snow  Sucess!

With Rachael, Scot, Kevin and Sarah. Traversed around the north side due to snow and not wanting to do the class 3 on the east. Snow still made the SW ridge interesting. Also did Hunchback and Peak One.

SarahThompson

SarahThompson - Oct 20, 2015 4:46 pm Date Climbed: Jul 28, 2007

From Beartown  Sucess!

Hiked Hunchback, White Dome and Peak One from Beartown and then capped the day off with Sheep and Greenhalgh later that afternoon.

Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - Sep 30, 2015 9:57 pm Date Climbed: Sep 26, 2015

nice hike   Sucess!

Hiked in along Continental Divide Trail from Cunnigham Gulch, great trail, great vistas set up a tent at Eldorado Lake, hiked up via NW ridge, descended into saddle between White Dome and Peak One, and returned back to campsite since it was getting dark.
Incredible sunset at Eldorado Lake, cold night, great moon, and nobody in sight.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'White Dome' main page