CharlesDa mighty task

Wow, you get the whole Whites? Lucky you.

What you've got so far is definitely a good start. As for classifications, I'd make one category of "North Country" to include Pilot, Kilkennys, Mahoosucs, etc.

I like the ski area idea. Perhaps we can create custom objects for ski areas, though I'm hesitant to do too much advertising for them. Is there any way to get them to show up on an interactive map without entering them as dedicated objects?
Posted Feb 17, 2006 3:44 pm

nartrebRe: Height

It's a myth that they reach 6,288 ft tall... I typed that into the Elevation field (comma and all) and the system rejected it - system can't be wrong, can it?
Posted Mar 26, 2006 6:35 pm

Amazing page! Great info. One of my favorite places on earth. Funny how you can feel that way about a place thats tried to kill you on more than one occasion:) Love the title photo also.
Posted Jun 6, 2006 6:42 pm

nartrebRe: Awesome

Glad it's useful. The signature photo is by sunfish.

edit: make that "was" by Sunfish. I change the signature photo from time to time. Sunfish's original photo is quite good, I just like to keep the page fresh.
Posted Jun 6, 2006 9:28 pm

lcarreauI can't believe I didn't

see this page until now! Thanks for putting this together. I have
several friends/co-workers who have "migrated" over here to Arizona, and they all have fond memories of the White Mountains!

Arizona has some White Mts., but they're not as well-known as yours. And they're probably not as white, either!!!!! Nice page!

Posted Jan 2, 2009 1:43 pm

dman61Looking for?

Im looking to take my wife and 4yr old winter camping but am haveing a hard time finding a place witch is not a hard or long hike but still back country. any ideas??
Posted Mar 6, 2012 3:39 pm

I can't thank you guys enough for building this excellent page. Very helpful!
Posted Apr 3, 2013 8:15 am