Who thawed Mont Glacier?

Who thawed Mont Glacier?

Page Type Page Type: Article
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering

Frozen or burned? OVERVIEW

It was a beautiful and fresh mountain glaciers that had even three: two in the North and one in the South over the Dondena Champorcher Valley. Anyone who came here looking at him with astonishment, as he competes with the Rosa dei Banchi (3164m), on the other side and always envious of the supremacy of Mont Glacier, for a few meters. All believed to have arrived in the Himalayas and watched the cows "spotted" in white and red (Swiss breed) grazing in green fields that snow put even more in evidence. It seems that going from here with Napoleon Bonaparte's Grande Armée de France has made such a noise, raising gunpowder everywhere with its guns against the Austro-Russian troops enough to pulverize the entire Glacier Fenêtre (currently Lago Gelato or actually Lac Glacier). In such a way that the enemy, concerned about the huge amount of pollution, went down to the Fortress of Bard, at the entrance of the valley. Modern themes, but it was mid-May of 1800. From here they were in centuries past everyone, including the Austro-Hungarians (there is not known whether there was Attila), but the "Ciamporciari" had never been damaged so large. At most came from Cogne, via the Col Fenêtre or that of Pontonnet, some Poacher who, having failed with Ibex and Chamois, it took away some nice pork (hence Champorcher or range of Pigs). But politely and without him shoot. The Valley lived in holy Peace, broken only by the grunt of his pigs, with the approach of Winter, they were a foretaste of the wonderful aroma of sausages. There was no need to mark the Guarantee or DOP or DOC. And then, you want to put the fragrance of the cheese of the place!




"Mount Glacier burned by Serra or Greenhouse Effect?"

by Emilio Bertona


A Paradise at the foot of Mont Glacier and the "half-brother" Delà (3139m)as always been His Esquire. When the Bonaparte was sent to prison on Elba Island made parties in the country for a week; when he was exiled to Saint Helena for a month. Abundant. After May 05th? They Festival still nowadays! The Mount Glacier, looking at the "wounds" inflicted on its glacier began to complain before the Bishop of Voella (Bishop of Aosta Bourg) and then, because this was thought only to land on the introitare Pastures, also in the Vatican. The first said it was best to ingratiate himself with the Madonna suggesting to build a Shrine to Lake Miserin; the second response is expected today. These Poor Devils, not knowing what to do, even organized a Procession August 5th to Miserin calling for help, to raise the tone of the Prayer, the neighbors of the Valleys of the Canavese in Piedmont. Even those of Cogne, provided they are not stealing pigs. Our Lady answered their Prayers: finally fixed & eliminated Bonaparte granted a half Century of Peace. But the Glacier as a good Highlander, did not trust; so from His Royal Highness tended more towards the ear down there on the Town of Aosta, which is barely visible from its Summit. In 1948 had heard of some "Carbonari Movements" (or Coal Workers Movement) around the Kingdom of Italy, which at the time did not even exist, but this event, at least here in Champorcher, not had caused unrest; so he had got the idea that it was just a "rumor". But for Total Security, also in '48, he called a Priest, definitely better informed than him, because the same feel and hear everything. It was the Abbot Pierre Chanoux, Curate Champorcher and there was born in '28 in the tiny Village of Chardonney, who thought only to cultivate Flowers and breeding Dogs. A Security. "Granted him Your Virginity". But, again for safety, "the Good Man emigrated" to the Hill of the Little St. Bernard going to live in a cave in a boulder. There are both today and if you want you can go and visit them; Abbot not. He has gone from Good God in 1909, closing his eyes at the sight of the Glaciers Rutor. The Glacier on the other hand, being very static, and over the years more and more lazy, wanted to stay there. In Your House.




"When he was young it was so! How Ama Dablam? More or less ..."

by Andrea Perino


Era una bella e fresca montagna, che avea persin tre ghiacciai: due a Settentrione ed uno a Meridione sopra Dondena nella Valle di Champorcher. Chiunque qui arrivava lo guardava con meraviglia, mentre faceva concorrenza alla Rosa dei Banchi (3164 m), dall'altra parte e sempre invidiosa della supremazia del Mont Glacier, per pochi metri. Tutti credevan d'esser arrivati in Himalaya e guardavano le mucche "pezzate" di bianco e rosso (razza Svizzera) pascolare nei verdi prati che la neve metteva ancora di più in risalto. Sembra che passando da qui il Napoleone Bonaparte con la Grande Armée de France abbia fatto un tal casino alzando polvere da sparo dappertutto coi suoi cannoni contro le Truppe Austro-Russe al punto da polverizzare l'intero Ghiacciaio di Fenêtre (correntemente Lago Gelato od attuale Lac Glacier). In modo siffatto che il nemico, preoccupato pel notevole inquinamento, scese alla Fortezza di Bard, all'ingresso della Valle. Tematiche moderne, invece era la metà di Maggio dell'800. Da qui eran nei secoli passati tutti, anche gli Austro-Ungarici (non c'é dato di saper se ci fosse anche Attila), ma i Ciamporciari non avevan mai subito danni di così grandi dimensioni. Al massimo arrivava da Cogne, tramite il Col Fenêtre o quello del Pontonnet, qualche Bracconiere che, avendo fallito il tiro a Stambecchi e Camosci, si portava via qualche bel maiale (donde Champorcher o Campo dei Porci). Ma educatamente e senza sparargli. La Valle viveva in santa Pace, rotta soltanto dal grugnito dei suoi maialini che, con l'avvicinarsi dell'inverno, facevano pregustare il profumo di splendidi salami. Non c'era bisogno di marchio di Garanzia, né DOP, né DOC. E poi, vuoi mettere la fragranza dei formaggi del posto!




"A Paradise into a Great Heaven"

by daniele_p


Un Paradiso ai piedi del Mont Glacier e del "fratellastro" Delà (3139 m), da sempre Suo Scudiero. Quando il Bonaparte fu mandato in prigione all'Isola d'Elba fecer festa in paese per 'na settimana; quando fu esiliato a Sant'elena per un mese. Abbondante. Dopo il 5 Maggio? Fan Festa ancor oggidì!Il Glacier, guardando le "ferite" inferte al suo ghiacciaio cominciò a lamentarsi prima dal Vescovo de Voella ( Vescovado d'Aosta Borgata) e poi, visto che questo pensava soltanto ad introitar parcelle sugli Alpeggi, anche in Vaticano. Il primo rispose ch'era meglio ingraziarsi la Madonna suggerendo di costruire un Santuario al Lago Miserin; del secondo s'attende risposta ancor oggi. Sti Poveri Diavoli, non sapendo più cosa far, organizzarono perfin 'na Processione il 5 d'Agosto al Miserin chiamando d'aiuto, per alzar tono di Preghiera, i vicini delle Valli del Canavese in Piemonte. Anche quelli di Cogne, purché non fregassero maiali. La Madonna esaudì lor Preghiere: sistemato definitivamente il Bonaparte, concesse mezzo Secolo di Pace. Ma il Glacier, come un buon Montanaro, non si fidava; così dall'alto della Sua Real Altezza tendeva sempre l'orecchio verso là sotto sul Borgo d'Aosta, che dalla sua Sommità s'intravvede. Nel 1948 aveva sentito parlare di alcuni "Movimenti Carbonari" in giro pel Regno d'Italia, che allor nemmen esisteva, ma la cosa, almen qui al Champorcher, non aveva provocato disordini; così s'era fatto l'idea che fosse sol "pettegolezzo". Ma per Somma Sicurezza, sempre nel '48, chiamò un Prete, sicuramente meglio informato di lui, perché gli stessi tutto senton e ognicosa ascoltan. Era l'Abate Pierre Chanoux, Curato di Champorcher e lì nato nel '28 nel Villaggetto di Chardonney, che pensava solo a coltivar Fiori ed ad allevar Cani. Una Sicurezza. "Gli concesse la Sua Verginità". Però, sempre per sicurezza, "il brav'Uomo emigrò" al Colle del Piccolo San Bernardo andando a viver in 'na spelonca dentr'un masso. Esiston tutti e due ancor oggi e, se volete potete andare a visitare gli stessi; l'Abate no. Se n'andato dal Buon Dio nel 1909, chiudendo gli occhi davanti allo spettacolo dei Ghiacciai del Rutor. Il Glacier invece, essendo molto statico e col passare degli anni sempre più pigro, volle restar lì. A casa Sua.





Who is who stole the life of Mont Glacier?




"He was a handsome Boy, placed and judicious ..."

by emilius


Until he was young the Glacier had always behaved boy Prudent & Judicious. Not he had tried "Grits" and even stupid "Risks". Simply he was, happily, admiring its three valleys with their small glaciers. Nor was envious of neighboring Rosa dei Banchi brazenly boasted to him that his Glacier des Bantses. She looked at him and just, but not so much envy because he was the "King of the Realm" All of these events that took place recently had a little "upset", changing them their cards on the table for a "Quiet Pension". But now who had gone to see him Don Pierre Chanoux was somewhat reassured, even though he had lost his "Virginity". Sooner or later it had to happen that someone was mounting. Inevitable! Peace, however, that since the nuisance of Napoleon, the Austrians, Hungarians, Russians & went out of the foots. You could sleep soundly as in the good old days and continue to ponder philosophically. Looking at his three small glaciers. Being an anxious person, he looked a little concern the same as in the sight of an eye, were retreating, so he decided to call the doctor for a thorough examination, the better LS. These, when it is possible to collect the parcel, coming soon; not as the Bishop and the Vatican before raking and then, if anything, they arrive. So did a thorough examination using glasses, binoculars, comparing maps and even planting stakes for future measurements. He measured the temperature in all three, then declared: "Serious Illness with Greenhouse Effect. They will continue increasingly to pee and form lakes. In front to the Savoney-Clavalité and the Valley of the Lakes and back on Dondena. The danger is mortal and, continuing in this way, within 3 or 4000 years before they will fall in "Effect Permafrost", then keeps no water to drink. you and all the "Ciamporciari, the Fénisani and Champdepratolini". After the Sun has dried up lakes will become a terrible tragedy, because the "SCIENCE" found that the water evaporates". The Glacier began to tremble, but now he was satisfied because, thanks to the great advances of science, now knew the history of his illness and the course from there to 10.000 years. Fear had. These dates for Mountain becomes trivial, a grain of sand or a drop of water, and the danger was really imminent. He spoke of the fact with the three Mayors. Those Fénis and Champdepraz and laughed, because their was a problem diametrically opposed to having to hold the water in the Flood. What Champorcher remained a little more serious and thoughtful, stating that he would speak with his colleague below, or the Mayor of Pont-Bozet, because in such a case rationalized waters: first to his "fellow citizens" then, he remained at those down below. He was very generous, but the "Events, unfortunately, change people".
The Mont Glacier began to think that it would becaume an Old and Arid Stony; someone made him a bad joke. He could feel that in the air ...





"Not looking for trouble, at most winked at Girls",

by Ilario Antonio Garzotto


Fino da quando era giovane il Glacier si era sempre comportato da Ragazzo Prudente & Giudizioso. Non aveva cercato "Grane" e neppure stupidi "Rischi". Semplicemente stava, beato, ad ammirare le sue tre valli con i loro piccoli ghiacciai. Neppur era invidioso della dirimpettaia Rosa dei Banchi che sfacciatamente ostentava verso di lui il suo Glacier des Bantses. Lo guardava e basta, ma senza invidia perché tanto era lui il "Re del Reame". Tutti questi fatti accaduti ultimamente lo avevano un poco "scombussolato", cambiandogli le carte in tavola per una "Tranquilla Pensione". Però adesso che era passato a trovarlo Don Pierre Chanoux s'era alquanto rassicurato, anche se aveva perso la sua "Verginità". Primo o poi doveva accadere che qualcuno lo montasse. Inevitabile! Però che Pace da quando quel rompiscatole di Napoleone, Austriaci, Ungarici & Russi eran andati fuor dai piedi. Si poteva dormire sonni tranquilli come ai Bei Tempi Passati e continuare filosoficamente a meditare. Guardando i suoi tre piccoli ghiacciai. Essendo un soggetto ansioso, aveva osservato con un pò di preoccupazione gli stessi che, a vista d'occhio, si stavan ritirando, per cui decise di chiamare il Dottore per una visita approfondita, meglio Specialistica. Questi, quando esiste la possibilità di incassare la parcella, arrivan subito di corsa; non come il Vescovo ed il Vaticano che prima incassano e poi, semmai, arrivan. Lo stesso fece una visita accurata utilizzando occhiali, binocolo, confrontando mappe e piantando anche dei paletti per le future misurazioni. Misurò anche la temperatura a tutti e tre, poi sentenziò: "Grave Malattia con Effetto Serra. Continueranno sempre di più a fare pipì ed a formare laghi. Davanti verso il Savoney-Clavalité ed il Vallone dei Laghi e dietro sopra Dondena. Il pericolo é mortale e, continuando in questo modo, entro 3 o 4 mila anni prima cadranno in "Effetto Permafrost", poi resterai senza acqua da bere. Tu e tutti i "Ciamporciari, i Fénisani ed i Champdepratolini". Dopo che il Sole avrà prosciugato i laghi diventerà una tragedia immane, perché la "SCIENZA" ha scoperto che l'acqua evapora". Il Glacier si mise a tremare, però adesso era soddisfatto perché, grazie ai grandi passi in avanti della scienza, almeno conosceva l'anamnesi della sua malattia ed il decorso da lì a 10.000 anni. Ebbe Paura. Queste date per una Montagna diventano un'inezia, un granello di sabbia, una goccia d'acqua, ed il pericolo era realmente imminente. Parlò del fatto coi tre Sindaci. quelli di Fénis e Champdepraz si miser ridere, perché il loro era un problema diametralmente opposto dovendo contenere le acque nell'Alluvioni. Quello di Champorcher restò un poco più serio e riflessivo, affermando che ne avrebbe conferito col collega di sotto, ovvero il Sindaco di Pont-Bozet, perché in siffatto caso razionalizzava l'acque: prima ai suoi "concittadini" poi, sempre che ne restasse, a quelli là. Era risaputo che fosse persona molto generosa, ma gli "Eventi, purtroppo, cambian gli uomini".
Il Mont Glacier incominciò a pensar che sarebbe diventato una Vecchia ed Arida Pietraia; qualcuno gli tirava un brutto scherzo. Sentiva il fatto nell'aria ...





"Then one day it was discovered very nice and began to strut, putting even pout"

by emilius

Evolution of a Mountain




"Looking at all above, did not notice that he was getting Old",

by Camillo Roberto Ferronato


Everything in Life is thought at least once certainly be realized. Everything in Life comes at least once thought certainly be fulfilled. It's not that the Mont Glacier had not had his "trouble" in the Past. Everything went well until I lived in these hills only Salassians: Men of the Celtic People, "square", and serious worker who did not think to build castles, paved roads or royal, stone fountains and colonnades with the Madonnas and Crucifixions. He drank directly in Torrent Ayasse baptizing places in a completely different way, without forcing in French: Chardoney was not the Field of Thistles but Lalèse and Champorcher was Tzanport-zì. They were peaceful and had a quick Justice with a single instance. Having to work the fields, look after the "vatzes" (cows), cut the logs to make fire and build houses, they had no time to waste. If something was not working right, and cut off his head, or at best, for not impress to the Ladies, threw the prisoners there in the Gorge of Ratus, in agreement with those of Pont Bozet. They had just a hobby: chasing the Chamoises & the Steinbocks pulling at them with bows and arrows. To the bears used the club as this is not the stone was missing. When the Romans arrived upset this Rustic and Quiet Life. But, it is well known, Rome gets more and Casino (Shooting Lodge). Disputes and began the hunt for titles, which did not previously know. There was a head and that's it. How down to Aosta "Cordelus" which he had founded just "Cordelia", not Augusta Praetoria Salassorum Gaius Octavian Augustus. It was the 3rd BC or so, not 666 "ab Urbe Condita" (since Foundation of Rome). What complications! The Mont Glacier grinning in front of these studies of "Noblesse". Even was a rumor that Champorcher came from Porcierus Soldier Theban Legion, became transformed into a Martyr and Saint, whence San Porciero or Tzan Porcier, satisfying in this way a little all: Roman, Ecclesiastical, French and even the Regional Authorities to which a little dialect "Patois" and a touch of Nobility did not mind at all. But the name of Tzen-du Gail for isolated houses Chardoney reported all to Reality.
But He, the Mont Glacier, was much more Ancient and had already seen everything. As they say, Things Cooked & Things Crude. But there was not even the &. For now, he was still in America ... These romans began to do everything from stone streets that were ruining the beautiful ground mule-tracks, wooden bridges and stone walkways that were becoming obsolete, aqueducts that "stealing" water streams and, even worse, the so-called barriers or dams that who had brought them to become "constipated" and finally "vallum" or fortresses that restricted the movement and thought. And later had the mania of "Arches of Triumph", but here they not built because there was no one to triumph over. It was a Field of Pigs and nothing else. Shook the Nature and Land! Then came those from France, best Savoy, and imported a strange religion: Christianity. They worshiped one God, born of a Virgin, and and of this have ate the flesh and drink the blood, after having crucified the same. They were "extravagant", not to say crazy and put crosses everywhere, where they built Churches secretly gathered to eat the flesh and drink the blood of their God and put votive chapels in all the walloons. You could not walk more than bumping into one of them. A disaster! They were born new classes and new categories: Vassals and mini Vassals, Barons, Dukes and Counts; Bishops, Canons, Abbots, Curates or simple priests. they had the habit of building castles and towers, the other churches. But everyone really tried Power, perhaps promising Paradise. Some even boasted of being the True Owner of the mon glacier, its glaciers, lakes and pastures. Disputes arose. And it also came to blows, or worse, a fire. Thus in 1212 William Lord of Pont Saint Martin was upwards to set fire to the Great Tower of Château because it is inconsistent with his brother Hugh. The priests took advantage immediately and in 1700 took the remains of the demolition and these, in less than 500 years, made the Church of the Parish. Then in 1712 they built the Bell Tower and in 1728 accomplished improvements. Thing leads to another and, heralding the Era of the Rock, in 1860, ordered an organ that came from the Lake Verbano. They started the concert, but the Verona Arena and Woodstock! Not content with the work in 1866 put upward two aisles. The Mont Glacier was shocked. accustomed only to listen to the music of the four winds and the sound of the Creek Ayasse he could no longer stand. He wanted to emigrate, but not gave it to him. He who had always favored the Champorcher Valley, in spite of those Champdepraz and Fénis-Clavalitè. Who, in turn felt more like "stepchildren". For those that the first thought only to dig mines under Mount Avic and fishing in the surrounding lakes and when they went they saw him only obliquely. The latter just did not see him at all and thought only to their beautiful Castle of the 1330; were the "Hermits" and their Top was to go on Sunday to the Shrine of San Grato and the nearby Hermitage of Saint Julien. Incidentally Mont Glacier had distanced himself from them, and they thought they were seeing only the Tersiva, hiding at the bottom of the Walloon of Savoney. No, he was lonely son of Tzanport-zì and Ciamporceri his Descendants. Other than hide him, had placed there in plain view already passing Pont-Bozet little Bourg, making him become the True Symbol Valchamporcher, in spite of the Rosa dei Banchi and Punta Tersiva of which very little can be seen from here.
Had given airs mounting to his head and knowing that he was handsome, looking up at the top Tersiva, but it was always in a 329 metres more high ...




"Its ridges became decrepit and the nearby Tersiva did he notice ..."

by emilius


Ogni cosa che nella Vita vien pensata almen una volta di certo si realizzerà. Non é che il Mont Glacier non avesse avuto i suoi "fastidi" nel Passato. Tutto era andato bene finché quest'alture le abitavan solo i Salassi: Popolo Celtico di gente "squadrata", seria e lavoratrice che non pensava a costruir castelli, strade asfaltate o Reali, fontane in pietra e porticati con le Madonne e le Crocifissioni. Beveva direttamente nel Torrent Ayasse e battezzava i luoghi in modo completamente diverso, senza francesizzazioni: Chardonney non era il Campo dei Cardi bensì Lalèse e Champorcher era Tzanport-zì. Eran pacifici ed avevano una Giustizia rapida con un unico grado di giudizio. Dovendo lavorare i campi, accudire le "vatzes", tagliare i tronchi per far fuoco e costruir le case, non avevan da sprecar tempo. Se qualcosa non funzionava giusto, tagliavan la testa oppure, ed al massimo, per non impressionare le Signore, buttavano i condannati laggiù nell'Orrido del Ratus, in accordo con quelli di Pont Bozet. Avevan sol un hobby: correr dietro a Camosci & Stambecchi tirando lor con archi e frecce. Per gli orsi usavan la clava, tanto qui non mancava la pietra. Quando arrivaron i Romani sconvolsero questa Vita Agreste e Tranquilla. Ma, é risaputo, Roma fà sempre Casino. Incominciaron le dispute e la caccia ai titoli nobiliari, che prima si disconoscevano. Esisteva un Capo e basta. Come giù ad Aosta con "Cordelus" che aveva fondato semplicemente "Cordelia", non Augusta Praetoria Salassorum di Caio Ottaviano Augusto. Era il 3 avanti Cristo, o giù di lì, non il 666 "ab Urbe Condita". Che complicazioni! Il Mont Glacier sogghignava davanti a queste ricerche di "Noblesse". Addirittura s'era sparsa voce che Champorcher derivasse dal Soldato Porcierus della Legione Tebana, diventato Martire e tramutato in Santo, donde San Porciero o Tzan Porcier, accontentando in questo modo un pò tutti: Romani, Ecclesiastici, Francesi ed anche le Autorità Regionali alle quali un poco di dialetto "Patois" ed un tocco di Nobiltà non dispiaceva affatto. Però il toponimo di Tzen-du Gail per l'isolate case presso Chardonney riportava tutti a ben più semplice Realtà.
Ma Lui, il Glacier, era molto più Antico ed aveva già visto di tutto. Come si dice, di Cose Cotte & Cose Crude. Ma non esisteva neppure la &. Per adesso era ancora in America ... Questi romani incominciarono a far di tutto: strade in pietra che rovinavano le belle mulattiere di terra, ponti in legno e pietra che facevano diventare obsolete le passerelle, acquedotti che "rubavan" l'acqua ai torrenti e, peggio ancora, sbarramenti o cosiddette dighe che li rendevano "stitici" ed infine "vallum" o fortificazioni che limitavan circolazione e pensier. Eppoi avean la mania degli "Archi di Trionfo", ma qui non ne costruiron perché non c'era da trionfar su nessuno. Era un Campo dei Porci e basta. Sconvolsero la Natura ed il Territorio! Poi arrivarono quelli dalla Francia, meglio dalla Savoye, ed importarono una strana religione: il Cristianesimo. Adoravan un Dio, nato da una Vergine, e di questo mangiavano il sangue e la Carne, dopo averl pensato ben di crocifigerlo. Eran "stravaganti", per non dir matti e mettevano croci dappertutto, costruivano Chiese ove di nascosto si riunivan per mangiar carne e ber sangue del lor Dio e mettevano cappelle votive in tutti i valloni. Non potevi più camminare che ne inciampavi. Un disastro! Nascevano nuove Classi e nuove Categorie: Vassalli e Vassalletti, Baroni, Duchi e Conti; Vescovi, Canonici, Abati, Curati o semplici Preti. questi avevan n'altra mania: costruir manieri e torri, gli altri Chiese. Ma tutti in realtà cercavan Potere, magari promettendone il Paradiso. Qualcuno, addirittura, si vantava d'esser il Vero Proprietario del mon glacier, dei suoi ghiacciai, laghi e pascoli. Sorser liti. E si venne anche alle mani o, peggio, al fuoco. Così nel 1212 Guglielmo Signore di Pont Saint Martin venne sù per dar fuoco alla Grande Torre di Château, perché in contrasto col fratello Ugo. I Preti ne approfittarono immediatamente e nel 1700 presero i resti della demolizione e con questi, in meno di 500 anni, fecero la Chiesa Parrocchiale. Poi nel 1712 costruiron il Campanile e nel 1728 compiron migliorie. Da cosa nasce cosa e, preannunciando l'era del Rock, nel 1860 ordinaron un organo che arrivava dal Lago Verbano. Iniziaron concerti, altro che Arena e Woodstock! Non contenti dell'opera nel 1866 miser sù due navate laterali. Il Mont Glacier rimase sconvolto. Abituato sol ad ascoltar la musica dei quattro venti ed il fruscio del Torrente Ayasse non riusciva più a riposar. Voleva migrar, ma non glielo concessero. Lui che aveva prediletto sempre la Valle di Champorcher, a dispetto di quelle di Champdepraz e Fénis Clavalitè. Quest'ultimi li sentiva più come "figliastri": i primi pensavan solo scavar miniere sotto l'Avic ed a pescar nei laghi del circondario e quando salivano lo vedevan sol di scorcio. I secondi proprio non lo vedevano del tutto e pensavano solo al lor splendido Castello del 1330; eran degli "Eremiti" ed il loro Top era quello di andar la domenica al Santuario di San Grato ed al vicino Eremitaggio del Saint Julien. Daltronde il Mont Glacier aveva preso da lor distanze, che stravedevan e pensavan solo alla Tersiva, nascondendosi in fondo al Vallone di Savoney. No, lui si sentiva sol figliol di Tzanport-zì ed i Ciamporceri suoi Discendenti. Altro che nasconderlo, lo avevan piazzato lì ben in vista, già oltrepassando il Borghetto di Pont-Bozet, facendolo diventar il Vero Simbolo della Valchamporcher, a dispetto della Rosa dei Banchi e della Tersiva della quale da qui ben poco si vede. S'era un pò montato la testa e, sapendo ch'era belloccio, guardava dal basso in alto la Tersiva, che pur sempre era di ben 329 metri più alta ...

From Sabaudia to the Italy: the End of Glacier




"But where do you go Pilgrim not you see that you can not do more. Think for yourself, old maid",

by emilius


Everything is thought once certainly be realized. Also the fact that when you think you become old, already are. Unfortunately it is Law Nature and applies to All.
But the Mont Glacier did want to believe this thinking that he is a Lord and Never Age. Dying even not talking about it. But the Abbé Pierre had said to him: be careful that you grow old and then you will can die. He began to laugh. Its rocks and ice that covered it made him "Invulnerable". Incidentally if you had passed unscathed even with the Passage by Napoleon, who could scratch him? By the time everyone had run away: Salassians, Gauls, Romans, Austrians, Hungarians, Russians and French. Now he still had only the Savoy in Piedmont and Tùrìn. In short, the Kingdom of His Sardinian Majesty; but these were harmless, although drooling in French and crawled into Italian. Some "scoppiettata (gunshot) by King Toio" collector of ibex horns and youth festivals, and that's it. It lasted two months per year, up to three then, over the summer, he returned to Tùrìn to smear Cards Royal, demanding taxes, provision for amnesty and giving some small article, better codicil, in the Constitution. He had seen them pass them all and then disappear, taking off from the foots: Generals Duhesmes, Suvarow, Bonaparte and perhaps in disguise illegal immigrant, even Attila. The Bishop remained in Aosta and there were only three Mayors. But even this type had seen many pass. Oh, you could finally live in peace! No, I got word that the Savoy wanted to "widen" down to Italy and make a new kingdom. A Garibaldi (a Communist Guerrilla in advance because he wanted all his "Garibaldi" put the red shirt) had come from Uruguay and, not being able to stay in the idleness, would now fight even here. Then there was a Diplomat, Camillo Benso Count of Cavour, (had a mania for building channels) which together with a half Literary Man Anarchist Philosopher, a certain Giuseppe Mazzini, went to "King Toio" saying that "It was necessary to Italy do or die". The King, frightened, immediately assumed Giuseppe Garibaldi, who, being a native, could play immediately in the Italian Championship. The Glacier thought that it did not concern him, because they landed in Sicily, down in the "Terronia"; but then he found out that they wanted to come too upwards towards the "Longobardia" despite those of the Northern League, and maybe even more upwards in Bolzano, Merano and Bressanone, although Volkspartei. The story became complicated and the question was who would come to make upward Mess also Tzanport-zì. The thing he did not like their own. He would immediately consulted the Union Valdotaine. Pretending to check his state of health, and searched his Squire Delà. I see you hurt, I think you're losing weight by the day and your rocks are crumbling. Why do not you take some vitamin? Oh, but you who are further down you happen to have heard of the Kingdom of Italy? The Delà, a little offended but always with the inferiority complex that forty metres that made it less helpful, this time answered negatively and abruptly advising the Glacier to a hormone treatment. Can not you see that you are wider than high? You're just falling apart, look in the mirror! At Glacier was a doubt in his mirror to lakes, to right and left. Was right the Delà, said watching her wrinkles more apparent and the advanced state of permafrost. Incidentally all these worries! Now maybe there's also the four "bandoleros" and it is the end of the Kingdom of Tzanport-zì ... When in 1861 saw them trade on the path that goes to Dondena building the Royal Route understood that the event had just occurred and retired in absolute solitude. There were only these Italians! King Victor Emmanuel I°, King of the Two Sardegne and now also King of Italy came to know of his behavior inelegant and unwrapped it right. From now on he would go only to the Westwards the Hills of Fenetre and Pontonnet to build fighter stations, snubbing him completely. The King placed him under arrest at home with a total ban on move and to visit he built a small path to the Fussì Hill. The Mount Glacier to the chagrin became seriously ill thawing himself totally. Now you know who is to blame.
What I had failed to Millennia, he had managed to Italians ...




"I am still a young man with a good posture, look at the Delà as it is fleeting, limp & decadent!"

by emilius


Ognicché nella Vita vien pensato almen una volta di certo si realizzerà. Anche il fatto che pensi di diventar Vecchio e già lo sei. Legge di Natura che val per Tutti.
Ma il Mont Glacier non voleva acciò creder pensando d'esser Eterno e di non invecchiar mai. Di morir neppur parlarne. Ma l'Abbé Pierre glielo aveva detto: stai attento che invecchierai e poi morirai pur tu. S'era messo a rider. Le sue rocce ed i ghiacci che lo ricoprivan lo rendevan "Invulnerabile". Daltronde s'era uscito indenne anche dal Passaggio di Napoleone, chi poteva scalfirlo? Nel tempo aveva fatto scappare via tutti: Salassi, Galli, Romani, Austiaci, Ungheresi, Russi e Francesi. Adesso gli rimanevan solo i Sabaudi del Piemonte e di Tùrìn. In poche parole il Regno di Sua Maestà Sarda; ma questi erano innocui, anche se sbavavano in Francese e strisciavano in Italiano. Qualche "scoppiettata di Re Toio", collezionista di corna di stambecco e di giovani paesane, e basta. Durava due mesi all'anno, massimo tre poi, finita l'estate, tornava a Tùrìn ad imbrattare Carte Reali, esigendo Tasse, comminando Amnistie e concedendo qualche piccolo articolo o, meglio, codicillo nella Carta Costituzionale. Li aveva visti transitar tutti e poi sparir, togliendosi dai pedi: i Generali Duhesmes, Suvarow, Bonaparte e forse, in incognito da clandestino, anche l'Attila. Il Vescovo stava Aosta e gli rimanevan solo i tre Sindaci. Ma anche di sta tipologia ne aveva visti passare molti. Ah, si poteva finalmente vivere tranquilli! No, giunse voce che i Sabaudi volevan "allargarsi" giù per l'Italia e fare un nuovo Regno. Un certo Garibaldi (un Guerrigliero Comunista a priori perché voleva tutti i suoi "Garibaldini" in camicia rossa) era arrivato dall'Uruguay e, non potendo stare nell'ozio, voleva tosto guerreggiar anche qua. Poi c'era un Diplomatico, Camillo Benso Conte di Cavour, (aveva la mania di costruir canali) che insieme ad un Letterato-Filosofo mezzo Anarchico, certo Giuseppe Mazzini, andaron da "Re Toio" dicendo che "Bisognava far l'Italia, oppur si moriva". Il Re, spaventato, assunse subito Giuseppe Garibaldi che, essendo oriundo, poteva giocare subito nel Campionato Italiano. Il Glacier pensò che la cosa non gli riguardasse, perché questi sbarcavano in Sicilia, giù nella "Terronia"; ma poi venne a sapere che volevan venir anche sù verso la "Longobardia", nonostante quelli della Lega Nord, e forse più sù anche a Bolzano, Merano e Bressanone, nonostante la Volkspartei. La storia diventava complicata e gli venne il dubbio che sarebbero venuti sù a far Casino anche a Tzanport-zì. La cosa non gli piaceva proprio. Avrebbe subito consultato l'Union Valdotaine. Facendo finta di controllar il suo stato di salute, interrogò il suo Scudiero Delà. Ti vedo male, mi sembra che stai dimagrendo di giorno in giorno e le tue rocce si stan sbriciolando. Perché non prendi qualche vitamina? Ah, ma tu che sei più in basso hai per caso sentito parlar di sto Regno d'Italia? Il Delà, un pò offeso ma sempre col complesso d'inferiorità per quella quarantina di metri in meno che lo rendevan servizievole, questa volta rispose negativamente ed in modo brusco consigliando al Glacier di farsi una cura ormonale. Non vedi che sei più largo che alto? Stai proprio andando in frantumi, guardati allo specchio! Al Glacier venne un dubbio e si specchiò nei suoi laghi, a destra ed a manca. Aveva proprio ragione il Delà, commentò guardando le sue rughe sempre più evidenti e lo stato avanzato di permafrost. Daltronde con tutte queste preoccupazioni! Adesso magari arrivan anche quei quattro "bandoleros" ed é la fine del Regno di Tzanport-zì ... Quando nel 1861 li vide trafficar sul sentiero che va a Dondena costruendo la Strada Reale comprese che l'Evento s'era proprio verificato e si ritirò in assoluta solitudine. Ci mancavan sol st'Italiani! Il Re Vittorio Emanuele I°, Re del Regno delle Due Sardegne ed adesso anche Re di Italia venne a sapere del suo comportamento poco elegante e lo scartò sulla destra. Da adesso in poi sarebbe andato soltanto ad Occidente verso i Colli di Fenetre e Pontonnet a costruir postazioni di caccia, snobbandolo completamente. Il Re lo pose agli arresti domiciliari con divieto di muoversi e per andar trovarlo costruì un sentierino. Per il dispiacer s'ammalò gravemente scongelandosi del tutto.
Quello che non era riuscito ai Millenni, era riuscito agli Italiani ...



Comments

No comments posted yet.


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Mont GlacierArticles