Wild Jalapeño Mushroom Salmon with RiceWild Jalapeño Mushroom Salmon with Rice
Serves 4 hungry hikers.
A friend of mine coined this phrase, “Not everyone likes fish. Leave them at home".
• Minute rice,?? There is also a Brown Minute Rice. Use serving guide on box
• Mushrooms, 1 cup for 4 servings
• Jalapeños 1 or 2 taste
• Fresh basil - 4-5 Leaf's in a bunch
• Garlic cloves 4
• Olive oil 2 Tablespoons
• Salmon (4= 6-8 oz portions, frozen
1. Slice the mushrooms
2. Dice the Jalapeños
3. Dice the fresh basil and minced garlic. Bring your olive oil and frozen salmons portions about 6-8oz. Bring foil to keep your Salmon hot while the minute rice is cooking.
Directions at camp
1. Ok time to fire up your stove and boiler.
2. Add Olive oil to the bottom of the pot with the garlic.
3. Place the now semi or now thawed salmon in the oil, add a touch more olive oil on top of the fish
4. Add jalapeño minced with basil and the sliced mushrooms.
5. Cook until done (your done).
6. Remove and place on foil wrap.
7. Add the appropriate amount of water (that's right, to right on top of the cracklings and Salmon mess) to the pot for the portion of minute rice
8. Boil the water
9. Add the minute rice.
10. Turn off the heat and cover for 5-7 minutes (put the foiled salmon on top of the lid).
Get out your plates of bowls and enjoy!