Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Apr 26, 2004 12:37 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page for a first! And nice pictures! You could include more information in the "Getting There" section like the numbers of the roads you are referring to. I suppose most of us at SP would have some trouble getting there, wouldn't we? Another nice feature would be info on where one can spend the night. Can you free-camp somewhere, etc.



Thanks for sharing!



Gangolf

Scott

Scott - May 10, 2004 10:26 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Looking good, keep going!

palaeo

palaeo - Sep 26, 2004 9:15 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Perhaps some info on maps and guidebooks would be useful. Nice pictures.

sokolxxx

sokolxxx - Nov 15, 2004 8:22 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for information. I corrected my page of Swinica so you can see the map and something more.

Tell me...you are from Poland? I saw your page...

Derek Franzen

Derek Franzen - Apr 15, 2005 3:46 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice job!

Romuald Kosina

Romuald Kosina - Jul 16, 2005 10:22 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

This is a good winter mountain show, the only one within Central Europe.

yatsek

yatsek - Jan 19, 2010 4:04 am - Hasn't voted

It's 2010

The page needs updating and bringing up to today's standards.

yatsek

yatsek - Apr 9, 2010 6:59 am - Hasn't voted

It's April 2010

And I'm really happy to see a decent Swinica page! Now I'm looking forward to a little chapter about the technical climbing routes, like Walentkowa Arete (UIAA III? Or much harder?). As for the name of the mountain, I find the other explanation much more convincing – that Swinica bears a resemblance to a swine's head/snout while viewed from the north. It's also worth remembering that in the area there are plenty of toponyms derived from the shepherds' names (they say Niebieska Turnia, literally "Blue Crag" as well)

visentin

visentin - Apr 9, 2010 8:01 am - Voted 10/10

Re: It's April 2010

Any information about the Walentkowa is welcome. IMHO this is the kind of route that has its place out of the Swinica page and it its own page, because non-marked, technical, and whose content wouldn't fit proportionally with other "normal" routes I shortly described.
The SP rule is "do it, post it". I have climbed illegally a couple of times but not that one...
As for the etymology, it is welcome. I'll include it. But I read the one I wrote in many other places.

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Świnica / Svinica' main page