Wolfs Head Comments

mpbroUntitled Comment

mpbro

Great page, fun to read, inspires me to climb. It's what SP is all about!

Hope to see you here this summer, Geoff.

-Morgan
Posted May 31, 2002 10:25 am

jwclimbsUntitled Comment

jwclimbs

Just 5 minutes on grammar/spelling would go a long way. If you could copy/paste your text into MS Word and do a spell check, it would enhance the reading greatly. I'm no spelling bee either, but I usually just run quick spell check before I post something to my site(s). There is a ranger station in Pinedale worth referencing for checking mountain conditions.

*8.17.04 - Nice improvements. Thanks for the reminder on my initial vote.
Posted Nov 27, 2002 12:15 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thanks for the good re-vote.
Posted Sep 3, 2004 12:05 pm

Martin CashUntitled Comment

Martin Cash

Very nice.
Posted Aug 11, 2004 3:21 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Martin,

I finished updating the page. Please check it out when you get a chance. Much thanks!

radek
Posted Aug 31, 2004 12:15 am

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thanks Martin.
Posted Sep 3, 2004 12:06 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

You could do more than a Rock and Ice article with this. Great page.

Mark
Posted Aug 26, 2004 6:42 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Mark,

thank you for the good vote. I'm still actually revising the Overview section of the Main Page (what's there is from the previous maintainer of this page).......just can't get around to finishing it.

radek
Posted Aug 26, 2004 7:13 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Tim,

I had recently adopted this page and have rewritten most of it. Please check it out when you get a chance. Thanks!

radek
Posted Aug 31, 2004 12:14 am

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Alan,

THanks for the good vote.

Posted Sep 3, 2004 12:05 pm

Trevor SimmonsUntitled Comment

Trevor Simmons

Good page. Your photo of the Warrior peaks would look great on my Warrior II page!
Posted Sep 20, 2004 6:37 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thanks Trevor.

I'll check my photos at home to see if I have a shot of Warrior II from within the Cirque.

radek
Posted Sep 20, 2004 7:53 pm

miztflipUntitled Comment

miztflip

Cool peak.
Posted Nov 26, 2004 9:45 pm

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

Nice page (except for the erroneous apostrophe in the name).

So are you going to submit something that you did last summer or fall or this winter for the Northwest Mountaineering Journal? Come one, the NWMJ is counting on YOU.
Posted Jan 25, 2005 11:41 am

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Thanks for the good vote Paul. The apostrophe is now dead.

Come on man, you're pulling my leg with the journal submission thing, right? Aren't you guys looking for something more "hard core"-type - as in 1st ascent, first winter ascent, first naked ascent etc....(not trying to be a sarcastic smart a.. but I did not think that anything we did was worthwhile reading for others)?

Posted Jan 25, 2005 12:43 pm

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

Rock climbing adventures count for the NWMJ too. I thought maybe you had done something new (not done before) this year that is worth mentioning. Something on Steins Pillar? The journal seeks short reports (100-500 words) and long reports (1500-2500 words).
Posted Jan 25, 2005 1:04 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Hey Paul,

2005 started out rel. slow due mostly to weather. That Whale Dome TR I wrote was pretty much the only worthwhile climb we did in '05 so far (here).

If the Steins Pillar TR (Oct. 30, 2004) qualifies as something the journal might think is worthwhile, I'd be more than happy to contribute that (either as is or I can clean it up...you know, foul language I'm so fond of and all :)

here.

Is there an issue with "recycling" stuff that appeared here on SP?

Anyway, if you think there's something you can use from my TR's, I'd be more than happy to contribute it.

Posted Jan 25, 2005 1:37 pm

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

Sorry, I was confusing. I meant things you had done from July 2004 to present, not simply 2005 outings.

The Whale Dome report is not applicable to the NWMJ.

The Steins Pillar report is applicable. Given the dearth of reports on this formation, I think it might be worth submitting it. I'm not sure how many words it is but the limit is ~2,500 for long reports. It could be tightened if needed, so that shouldn' t be a problem. A simple imprecation here and there (especially as dialogue) is not a problem but could easily be edited out. You could submit the report. No guarantees we'd use it but that wouldn't make you cry. After all, the report's already written. There's very little work for you to do on it. There is no issue with recycling SP stuff. The report would look different in NWMJ. There would be less photos for one (or you could imbed some of them as text links--in which case you'd maybe want to link to the .jpg URL not the sp photo page URL).
Posted Jan 25, 2005 2:03 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Posted Oct 18, 2005 7:16 pm

Alan EllisNew Wolf's Head Route

Alan Ellis

White Buffalo, Grade III, 5.12d. Established by Greg Collins and Kent McBride in the early summer of 2006.

Quote from Rock and Ice magazine (Issue 156, January 2007):
"The route sports a 300-foot arching finger and hand crack that goes at 5.11a and 5.11b/c. The crux is a dicey 5.12d face that Collins and McBride protected with three bolts and two pitons."
Posted Nov 27, 2006 10:11 pm