Woodland Bouquet

Woodland Bouquet

What great ground cover! Lots of this stuff around on the more open ridges between Grassy Knoll and the forests before the summit of Big Huckleberry. My personal favorite, Red Indian Paintbrush, along with some spreading phlox and I don't know what the little yellow one is. Would be greatful is someone could help identify.
Brian Jenkins
on May 19, 2007 3:06 pm
Image ID: 294372

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
LCannon

LCannon - Jun 27, 2007 12:17 am - Voted 10/10

Woodland Bouquet,

I believe the yellow flower is some kind of Parsley, there are many different varieties growing in the Columbia Gorge. Some of them are listed on Paul Slichter's web site. I don't know enough about them to identify which variety. I was thrilled to see the Big Huckleberry Mountain trail as I just discovered it myself just this week and LOVED it! Thanks for such a nice page and great photos of the place, well done.
Lori

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Jun 27, 2007 3:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Woodland Bouquet,

Thanks very much for the nice words and the identification. I'll try to figure out whcih type it is. Thanks!

mrh

mrh - Jul 26, 2007 2:09 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Woodland Bouquet,

The little yellow is of the genus Lomatium. Separating species of this group can be very difficult even for experts with the plant in hand. Especially if fruits are not present. Probably the only way you will identify the species in your photo is to have someone who happens to really know the local flora of where the photo was taken tell you.

dmiki

dmiki - Jul 28, 2007 2:47 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Woodland Bouquet,

mrh, thank you for the identification! Brian, if your are satisfied with the information received, please detach your picture from the Unidentified flora and fauna album within the next week so that the album remain 'fresh'. Thanks.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Jul 31, 2007 11:54 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Woodland Bouquet,

Detached it, thanks.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5