Worthington Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Dean

Dean - May 3, 2013 8:12 am Date Climbed: Apr 30, 2013

From East side  Sucess!

Car camped a few miles from Rachel and then found our way to the end of a road on the east side near a small radio antenna structure. Just went straight up the slope and ridgeline to get to the summit. Outstanding views in all directions. Did this one with Dennis P. and considered adding Quinn Canyon to our trip the next day. Instead we drove to near Rawhide peak and Dennis did that one before we went on to do the San Antonio Hills HP where afterwards we ran into fellow peakbaggers Bob P, Andy M and his wife as well as two San Diego climbers, Richard C and Adam H. It was strange to meet them in the "literal middle of nowshere".

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - Apr 21, 2012 12:30 am Date Climbed: Apr 20, 2012

finally... from east  Sucess!

Came up ~the red route, down the blue. Didn't see anything but class 2, maybe short stretches of easy class 3. You can always get around ridge lumps, or find a rampy bypass in the upper reaches. Drove to west side on way back to look for a good route for climbing from the west.

Originally went in March 2011, in a snowstorm. One fellow kept slipping on the snow on the near-level at 7100'. I decided it was best to bail. Now that I've seen the upper reaches, I know that I made the correct decision back then.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Worthington Peak' main page