DeanNice addition

I looked over at this one from the summit of Irish Peak just last month and wondered about it. Thanks for creating this page. A word about prominence. Many of us are interested in this peak since it ranks #59 on the top 100 list: Link Scroll down on this list to #59 and click on it to bring up more info on it. Is there a register on top? A benchmark? Just curious. When did you visit this peak (no climber's log entry).
Posted May 25, 2011 8:22 am

CastlereaghRe: Nice addition

Castlereagh

Thanks! I visited this peak just last Friday...though still a little chilly it perfect time of year to hit the low peaks since there were no bugs, snakes, or other creepy crawlers.

I looked around and couldn't find the benchmark, though I'm sure it exists. There is a register hidden in the summit cairn; it was placed there in 1993 by the illustrious Gordon MacLeod. I'm only the 6th person sign it since then, which is odd, since, as you said, it is a very prominent peak, visible from a major road, and with fine gravel roads leading within miles of it. Great summit though.
Posted May 25, 2011 11:27 am

DeanRe: Nice addition

Strangely enough, this peak is on my radar screen to do in the next week or so. A couple of us are heading to Nevada to do peaks but if the weather in the Winnemucca area is poor, we'll head to Tonopah and do peaks in that area which includes this one. That is why your SP page is so timely. Again, many thanks.
Posted May 25, 2011 1:40 pm

CastlereaghRe: Nice addition

Castlereagh

Which peaks are you guys looking at? I really wanted higher, more northerly peaks 2 weeks ago as well, but they were snowed in...I wonder how much things would have improved by now. Good luck with Worthington if you head there though, lots of other 2K peaks (as you well know) in the same area as well.
Posted May 31, 2011 11:39 am

BobSmithWhoa!

BobSmith

Now THIS is the way to do a detailed summitpost!
Posted May 25, 2011 9:23 am

CastlereaghRe: Whoa!

Castlereagh

Thanks! I'm just worried I put in too much detail
Posted May 25, 2011 11:23 am

kamilgreat description

kamil

That's what a page on a remote peak should look like. I do some exploring of forgotten corners of Europe so I know what I mean :) If I ever turn my steps to any remote area on your continent, such a description would be very helpful!
Cheers,
Kamil
Posted Aug 20, 2011 5:42 pm

CastlereaghRe: great description

Castlereagh

From a great intrepid explorer like yourself such a compliment is worth its weight in gold. Thanks, and hopefully you will find yourself exploring this wild continent one day!
Posted Aug 25, 2011 12:27 am