Viewing: 1-20 of 74 « PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT »

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks David!
Posted Jan 8, 2006 12:09 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Nice Panorama. At the Hochfeiler page it is mentioned that the first climb of the the mountain was on the 24th of July by Paul Grohmann, Georg Sammer and Peter Fuchs. What was the year? Also what does Hochfeiler mean? High Fellow?
Posted Jan 8, 2006 1:19 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

1865. And it means "Gran Pilastro" = High Pillar ;-)

Thanks
Posted Jan 8, 2006 3:52 pm

LupinoUntitled Comment

Lupino

Some more info:

Mathias Zehring said :"the german name Hoch (=high) Feiler does not mean "Pfeiler"="pilastro"=pillar but "Feile", an old term for "Schneide", in english "edge" or "blade" (I don't know the correct italian expression)"

From my side, I added:"the term "Feiler"="edge" in italian means (in a one sense) "lama". This term recall the terminal part of the ridge under the summit that seems to be an "edge"="lama"="feiler""

Posted Jan 8, 2006 4:28 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Thanks all. The verb file in English can mean to file or sharpen the edge of blade so this makes lots of sense.
Posted Jan 8, 2006 7:43 pm

Claude MauguierUntitled Comment

"Haubskletterführer der Ostalpen - Zillertaleralpen - Erster Band"...:-))))) .

Immer zuverlässig und schön zu sehen und lesen.
Posted Jan 8, 2006 1:46 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks Claude. Kletterführer is too much. I'm just trying to put some structure in the SP-mess. If I understood Josh's comments correctly that also seems to be what he is planning for SPv2...
Posted Jan 9, 2006 12:42 am

Lukas KunzeUntitled Comment

Lukas Kunze

Great work, Gangolf !

You' ve written a book again :))

Cheers, Lukas
Posted Jan 8, 2006 2:34 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks Lukas. It's a small book though :-)
Posted Jan 9, 2006 12:43 am

LupinoUntitled Comment

Lupino

I am very happy to find NOW the Zillertal Group Page. Thanks for the excellent work done.

If you agree I would suggest to adopt (only for few cases) the Italian name together with the German names, when from my point of view this is important. I know this is an old story, but be sure, I'm not the new Ettore Tolemei that in 1923 introduced the Italian names for all the original names of South Tyrol !!

For example:

Monti di Fundres=Pfunderer Berge

Alpi Aurine=Zillertal Alpen

Alpi Breonie di Levante=Tuxer Kamm

I understand the need to make a strict choice of editing, but in same cases I believe we could be less strict. What about this ?

Paolo
Posted Jan 8, 2006 3:56 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks Paolo. The only reason why I have still not all Italian names up there is that atlanteitaliano was down over the weekend. So I couldn't look them up. I had planned to do that tonight. I'm also aware that I have not yet used the double names everywhere but I ran out of time last night ...
Posted Jan 9, 2006 12:39 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Well, Paolo, I now finished the Italian names. If you have the time, please check them. I'm quite sure though, that you don't know them all :-)
Posted Jan 9, 2006 4:01 pm

LupinoUntitled Comment

Lupino

I'll check the names looking to the Italian Alpine Club Guide of Alpi Aurine. Anyway I dont'know if all the names are listed !

Moreover, I have added information in the section Mountain Huts and Refuges.

Ciao

Paolo
Posted Jan 10, 2006 3:37 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

I added your comments to the mountain huts and refuges section. Now I have one further request: If you have some more photos of the summits not yet on SP you can submit them to the page and I will link them to the correct place. In return I will create a panorama of Viktor's pictures with German and Italian names, much like the one on the Dolomiti Page. I'll replace the other pano on the Turnerkamp page with it .

One more question: How are the Ötztal and Stubai Alps called in Italian? Alpie Breonie = Stubai Alps?
Posted Jan 10, 2006 4:12 pm

LupinoUntitled Comment

Lupino

Stubaier Alpen=Alpi Breonie di Ponente

Ötztaler Alpen=Alpi Venoste and Alpi Passirie (but only the Southern part).

I have only few old bad quality photos of some mountains (such as Wollbachspitze, Punta Bianca, Mesule) and no recent digital photos. It is a must to overcome this limit the next summer !
Posted Jan 10, 2006 5:45 pm

John ClimberUntitled Comment

John Climber

Gangolf,

You did it again !! Thanks for adding this new group's page. Panorama is really good. Excellent work with the mountain huts's links.

Now I am waiting your modern art maps :-) !!
Posted Jan 8, 2006 6:44 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks Jon. I'm still missing one of the maps so you might have to wait for my modern art :-)
Posted Jan 9, 2006 12:44 am