Zion Narrows

Zion Narrows

Zion Narrows - Zion National Park The Zion Narrows is the most famous slot canyon in the National Park System and without a doubt it is worthy of its popularity. Although I like the more remote and unpopulated types of hike, of all the 'hikes' I have done, this is the best even with all the activity in the canyon. Doing other canyons, such as Birch Hollow, Englestead and Orderville Canyon that require using the Narrows as an exit has made it so I have done this trip, or at least part of it many, many times.
tanya
on Dec 28, 2007 10:12 am
Image Type(s): Canyoneering
Image ID: 368540

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6
madeintahoe

madeintahoe - Dec 28, 2007 2:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Beautiful

Very beautiful! One of my favorite places. We did it years ago..would love to get back to Zion one day again. Your pictures are gorgeous..Thank you!

tanya

tanya - Dec 28, 2007 3:58 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Beautiful

Thank You! :)

Did you hike in from the canyon a little ways or start at the top. This is a bottom shot. The top is not as colorful, but its high and narrow. Very different.

madeintahoe

madeintahoe - Jan 3, 2008 5:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Beautiful

Hi Tanya...we started is it Chamberline Ranch? We got shuttled to the top and spent one night in the narrows..we did it in October and the colors were amazing. Yes very different at the top where you start and walking deeper into the canyon..very beautiful hike!

tanya

tanya - Jan 4, 2008 1:13 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Beautiful

Yes, Chamberlain's Ranch. Was the water cold in October?

madeintahoe

madeintahoe - Jan 7, 2008 5:01 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Beautiful

Hi Tanya..The water was not bad at all in October. I love hiking the canyons of Utah in October..still warm but not super hot.
Also LOVE the Escalante area...I need to get back there..nothing like hiking down those watery canyons..It is such a special place..I worry it is getting over used.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures :)

tanya

tanya - Jan 7, 2008 10:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Beautiful

We have the same taste in locations and I too think October is the ideal time to hike. You have some wonderful photos as well!

Viewing: 1-6 of 6