Zwoelferspitz Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 30 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Too early, Barry! I'm still selecting pictures so come back. Thanks for the vote and MC to you!
Posted Dec 22, 2004 3:24 pm

BorUntitled Comment

Bor

Nice nice! You should add it to the Carnic Alps group ;-)

Cheers!
Posted Dec 22, 2004 3:48 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks Bor! I found out myself about the group but then my girlfriend called from Stockholm. And she's more important than a new SP page (though I hate to say it here :-))))))
Posted Dec 22, 2004 4:18 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

I'm usually fast enough to get away without the "under construction" sign. Today my girlfriend called from Sweden and messed up my posting time :-(

Anyway, you voted before I had a chance to add anything...
Posted Dec 22, 2004 4:51 pm

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

So zwölf is 12 and spitz means, among other things, spiky. So does the name refer to 12 spikes or summit crags? I don't see 12 such crags, so perhaps not. No mention of name origin or meaning in Overview.
Posted Dec 22, 2004 5:05 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Yeah! I've been wondering about that, too. Why would they call a three summit mountain Zwölferspitz? I suppose these Austrian mountain tribes want to brag that they can count to twelve...

Thanks, Paul, and have a perfect X-mas!
Posted Dec 22, 2004 5:22 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Nice Gangolf!

Happy Holidays to you.
Posted Dec 22, 2004 5:14 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks Radek! HH to you and Shirley too!
Posted Dec 22, 2004 5:22 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Very nice page Gangolf! This looks like a very dramatic peak. I really liked your photos on this page as well. Thanks for sharing and you have a very very merry Christmas Gangolf. Have a good new years too!

-Britt
Posted Dec 22, 2004 7:37 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks Britt. You, too have a merry one!
Posted Dec 23, 2004 2:31 am

Don NelsenUntitled Comment

Don Nelsen

Another wonderful page and great photos, too. Thanks for all your hard work at SP and merry Christmas!

Don
Posted Dec 22, 2004 7:45 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks a lot Do. Since I'm really enjoying my SP activities I don't consider it as hard work. This has been a hard working week so far so I'm happy to have the last few days of the year off.

Just one more day....

Happy holidays to you too!
Posted Dec 23, 2004 2:36 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Where do you get all the energy to put up so many fine pages. This one is another beauty. Have a Merry Christmas.
Posted Dec 22, 2004 9:35 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Energy? I'm not aware that I have more energy than others do. It certainly helped that I always had SP on my mind when I hiked around the Carnic Alps and Lienz Dolomites in September. The pages just "write themselves" ;-)

Happy holidays to you, too!

Posted Dec 23, 2004 2:38 am

Johan HeersinkUntitled Comment

Johan Heersink

Another very detailed and beautiful page Gangolf! What I especially like is the unity of lay out of your pages, this makes it very easy to read your material.
Posted Dec 23, 2004 1:18 am

brentaUntitled Comment

brenta

Another excellent page with nice pictures. Is the Nimphalis Urticae a butterfly or a moth? Is the name due to some association with nettle? Thanks for posting and Merry Christmas!
Posted Dec 23, 2004 3:46 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks Fabio! I'm still hoping that one day I'll manage to put up a page without typos/errors. This one was close. And I even forgot to run it through the spell checker.

Have a very nice and merry Christmas

Gangolf
Posted Dec 24, 2004 5:18 am

brentaUntitled Comment

brenta

Even with a 0.99 probability of making at least one mistake in a page, after 459 pages the probability of having at least one error-free page exceeds 0.99. While the 0.99 probability of having errors in a page is pessimistic in your case, there's no doubt you'll reach 459 pages soon. So, the future is rosy.
Posted Dec 24, 2004 5:37 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

It definitely is a butterfly. The German name translates into "Little Fox" though I don't quite understand the connection. Maybe the colour? Most of the caterpillars of the butterflies feed on nettles so maybe this is the explanation you are looking for.
Posted Dec 25, 2004 4:39 am

Joseph BulloughUntitled Comment

Joseph Bullough

Great job as per normal. Happy Holidays!
Posted Dec 23, 2004 3:52 pm