Viewing: 1-20 of 26
12
BobSmith

BobSmith - Apr 25, 2006 9:22 pm - Voted 10/10

Funny stuff.

I had a photo that was really awful and got a lot of low votes. An out-of-focus shot of a chimpmunk. Don't even know if it's still around. Will have to check.

Holsti97

Holsti97 - Apr 25, 2006 9:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Shouldn't this album....

receive a vote of ONE? LOL.

Jeroen Vels

Jeroen Vels - Apr 25, 2006 10:08 pm - Hasn't voted

But...

of course!!!
I couldn't figure out the 10 from Bob either ;-)

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Apr 25, 2006 11:02 pm - Hasn't voted

Funny!

I like it. People need to be more aware of what they post on SP. I think this is a good idea. Thanks for being a good sport and raising awareness about this matter.

Holsti97

Holsti97 - Apr 26, 2006 1:15 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Funny!

It is funny...now we'll probably get an avalanche of bad photos from people trying to make the page.

kamil

kamil - Apr 26, 2006 12:15 am - Hasn't voted

hahaha

Some of them are neither crap nor off topic...
A mountain-top mugshot of mine got only some 13%, gotta try harder to get here ;)
cheers!

Holsti97

Holsti97 - Apr 26, 2006 12:15 pm - Hasn't voted

Worst Pictures

Wasn't there a thread in Forums about this? I did a search and couldn't find it. I recall one of the nominees being a guy with an ice axe on Lakewood Park, HP of Florida. It was actually a cute idea.

Holsti97

Holsti97 - Apr 26, 2006 12:17 pm - Hasn't voted

HP Backbone Mountain

Having just been by the tree with the big red HP spray painted on it I have to say that this is a very informational photo. It definitely helps you locate the trailhead. However,they got carried away with the red spraypaint on that entire trail IMO.

TLP

TLP - Apr 26, 2006 12:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: HP Backbone Mountain

I've gotten used to it. I used to try to put up pictures of "useful information", but nobody appreciates it. Now I found that no one even bothers to vote on my pictures anymore! Look at my profile, look at most recent photos, and there's like no votes. Oh well.

TLP

TLP - Apr 26, 2006 12:47 pm - Hasn't voted

Why the NJ hate

What's with TWO pictures of High Point doing on this page. I demand one of them be taken down! Show some Jersey Pride!

Jeroen Vels

Jeroen Vels - Apr 26, 2006 1:04 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Why the NJ hate

@ManWithNoName,
I do hope this demand of yours has a humoristic undertone.
This list is not created by me, but by the people who vote on the pictures. If you want some Jersey Pride, just vote :-)
Cheers

Holsti97

Holsti97 - Apr 26, 2006 1:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Why the NJ hate

There are hundreds (maybe thousands) of pictures on SP with no votes. Don't take it personally. It is hard to compare the New Jersey Highpoint photos to this HP photo:

http://www.summitpost.org/image/113295/150199/myself-on-the-initial-descent.html

TLP

TLP - Apr 26, 2006 1:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Why the NJ hate

It's your album, so do what you want. The demand is not to be taken seriously, however you compiled the list. So if you think High Point, NJ deserves to have two pictures on the worst pictures, well ... What difference does a vote by me do anyway? 1% or whatever my vote brings?

TLP

TLP - Apr 26, 2006 2:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Why the NJ hate

my problem with that argument Holsti is that not every mountain is the same. So the BEST picture of High Point is not going to compare with the photo you referenced, but I thought the whole point of summitpost was to provide info on mountains. Yet when you try to do that with like any mountain in the east, you just get low votes, or no votes. On every hike I do I have tons of pictures, but why should I even bother to submit what a trailhead looks like, or the trail, or something that is interesting, when the only pictures people vote on are of some majestic mountain in the Alps or whatever.

Jersey Rocks - Apr 27, 2006 2:42 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Why the NJ hate

I totally agree with ManWithNoName. Why is it that good intentions always have to be undermined? How can we ever compete with the majestic mountains in the Alps, etc. I suggest you post an image of the Belgium 'mountains' and await the results. You're chanceless. This is pure discrimination.

Jeroen Vels

Jeroen Vels - Apr 28, 2006 9:07 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Why the NJ hate

Dear Mountainlovers (all over the world),
There is no NJ hate! Why do you think that?
Like I said before, I did not create this list. I only posted it. Look on this page: http://www.summitpost.org/image/p5085. Here is your list, the worst rated pics. I haven't voted on these pictures. And I can see you haven't, so they'll probably stay in the list for a while. If you want it of the list, stop wining and VOTE! It's a dynamic, democratic and non-discriminating list.
Cheers

Jersey Rocks - Apr 28, 2006 12:04 pm - Hasn't voted

Clearifying NJ hate

First of all let me make clear that it is obvious to me that there is no NJ hate. Besides ManWithNoName already clearified his statement about the removal of those two pictures. So there is nothing to blame him.
It was just a little test of mine to check how people will react to such radical position choosing.
Actually the idea behind a list of worst rated pictures is quite fun. Like Jeroen already stated, what drives people to take the effort of voting 1/10?

JasonH

JasonH - Apr 28, 2006 5:21 am - Voted 10/10

Good job

Great idea. I'm delighted that none of mine "won" the honer of being in this album.

Corax

Corax - Apr 28, 2006 9:35 am - Voted 10/10

There's even a page profile photo...

...which deserves to be in this album.

Beifeng Peak

Deb

Deb - Apr 28, 2006 2:28 pm - Hasn't voted

OMFG!

Thanks for creating this album JV! I am totally cracking up over Corax's nomination! HAHA! Great shitty stuff guys. Now where do I vote?

Viewing: 1-20 of 26
12
Return to '10 Worst rated pictures' main page