2x2 panoramic image of...

2x2 panoramic image of...

2x2 panoramic image of Wetterhorn's summit pitch, taken from the top of the "ramp". The majority of the route is inclined at 45-60°, making it possible to descend face-out, but the final 20 feet or so to the summit is considerably steeper; I was surprised to see it not rated 4th class. However, for an easier finish (verified by Kim), follow cairns along a ledge to climber's left and climb an easier gully for the last 20 feet. 9 July 2004.
mpbro
on Jul 10, 2004 8:40 pm
Image ID: 60077

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Jul 12, 2004 9:44 pm - Voted 10/10

NICE!

Morgan-Fabulous! Thanks much!

mpbro

mpbro - Jul 14, 2004 12:01 am - Hasn't voted

Re: NICE!

Heh-heh, I thought you would enjoy this. In my hypoxic state after rushing up the ridge, however, I flubbed the exposure, so the seams of the pano are a bit retarded. If you need it, I can put the full-sized version on my SEP website.

mdanderson

mdanderson - Jul 25, 2016 12:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Very nice

Great shot. Hope to do Wetterhorn in August when I come up to Lake City.

mpbro

mpbro - Jul 25, 2016 12:38 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very nice

best scramble I've ever done in Colorado. It's solid. One of those routes that should feel sketchy but isn't. If you're faced with something kinda technical, just look around, and you'll find an easier way up. Definitely class 3.

mdanderson

mdanderson - Jul 25, 2016 12:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very nice

Thanks for the info and encouragement. I have done Handies, Redcloud and Uncompahgre so this would be a big accomplishment for me since I am now 58yrs old.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5