33 routes EMILIUS's The MODERN MAGIC ERA Eight Part

33 routes EMILIUS's The MODERN MAGIC ERA Eight Part

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.67810°N / 7.38730°E
Additional Information Route Type: Sport Climbing
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Difficulty: From II° to VI° +
Additional Information Grade: V
Sign the Climber's Log

Note

        La montagna chiama i suoi figli, ed essi rispondono fedelmente al suo appello…

                                                                                           Osvaldo Cardellina, Diario alpinistico, 1964-65

Page texts: @ OsvaldoCardellina "Osva", passed away on May 2, 2022. Page owners: Christian Cardellina e Osvaldo Cardellina. Any updates from September 12, 2022: Antonio Giani, page administrator, friend and climbing companion.

Testi della pagina: @ OsvaldoCardellina "Osva", scomparso il 2 maggio 2022. Proprietari pagina: Christian Cardellina e Osvaldo Cardellina. Eventuali aggiornamenti dal 12 settembre 2022: Antonio Giani, amministratore della pagina, amico e compagno di salite.

MAGIC Overview

All pictures in color or B&W of this page are by Antonio GIANI

********
So, like we said, closing the "Part Seven"
in "prestigious OTHER"

we got to the modern times, that to this day including the last two decades. That are magic because it is HIS MAGESTY Th'EMILIUS which is that since it is able to renew itself despite the venerable age of 190 years, which are the ones that have passed since the first Ascension in the Summer of 1823 to the present. In fact, it is still able to offer new ideas that generate NEW EMOTIONS. We are going to enjoy these...
We left the first winter on the East Wall and the "Phantom Couloir" which, as its name implies, is really a ghost. In fact, in the absence of ice, the same is not feasible. Indeed there own. We had a quick look on this line going up to a Direct, but the danger for falling stones, screened in two ascents of 1980 and 1984 there had dissuaded by the idea. Not so much for the difficulties, as well as for the danger of the track. Mountaineering is not part of this. And even then the media would have allowed this climb in the presence of snow or ice. For posterity!
EMILIUS's GROUP 33 The ARROW
Th'ARROW
Così, come abbiamo detto chiudendo la "Seven Part"
in "prestigious OTHER"

siamo arrivati ai Tempi Moderni, ovvero ai nostri giorni comprensivi l'ultimo ventennio. Che son magici perché é SUA MAESTA' L'EMILIUS che é tale, poiché é capace di rinnovarsi nonostante la Veneranda Età di 190 Anni; che son quelli trascorsi dalla prima Ascensione nell'Estate del 1823 ad oggi. Difatti é ancor capace di offrire nuovi spunti che generano NUOVE EMOZIONI. Andremo a gustarcele... Eravam rimasti alla prima invernale sulla Parete Est ed al "Couloir Fantasma" che, come dice la parola, é proprio un fantasma. In effetti, in assenza di ghiaccio, lo stesso non è percorribile. Anzi non esiste proprio. Avevam gettato uno sguardo su questa linea di salita per effettuare una Diretta, ma la pericolosità per le scariche di sassi, vagliata nelle due salite del 1980 e 1984, ci avevano dissuaso dall'idea. Non tanto per le difficoltà, quanto per la pericolosità del tracciato. Non fa parte di quest'Alpinismo. E neppure i mezzi di allora avrebbero consentito questa salita in presenza di neve o ghiaccio. Ai posteri!

The trait-d'Union

And so it happened. The new materials break down the difficulty. Indeed the highlight. Let's take an example: the Wall Northwest of Gran Paradiso or the Northeast of Grivola with old ice axes with a beak of 30 cm. that, in the case of "verglass", forced to grueling work of cutting into the ice and cutting steps in the ice live, with old crampons soil mixed with two front points facing down in order to be exploited also on the rock, with the tubular ice nails seeds of which has not previously understood the real support in terms of safety, all of these external factors, then regardless of the skills its alpinist, is that these were made ​​for a few climbs. And a few brave and courageous. That la crème. This modern equipment has made all this trivial. And where once passed in two passes today in 2000. Why are better? No sir, because it changed the rules of the game. Try to make the World Record with a bamboo pole! ...
But this is the modern mountaineering. Same shall apply to the myths of the North Walls of Matterhorn, Eiger and Walker. Today they are all "very very good." What are the Pylon of the Freney or West Noire, Via Ratti/Vitale. A "crap". It 's almost more difficult to approach or slide on ice at the base of the wall. We have known people who have struggled more on these than in the same along the way. But then the phenomena were the same as before? Could be. Why was unethical and should not have been cheating, The barrel gave the wine he had. I think this also happens in the Himalayas. Coming from someone that may be worth, at most, the Emilius ...
But the two men who were with us in 1984, and came from the Red Pillar of Brouillard, from the Route of the Swiss at the Grand Capucin (for us poor mythological Sunday) from ... from ... Never came up and were traveling with 2 hours late, over when I called them warning them of falling rocks on the way, before reacting running away on the edges of the channel and then, overcome by fatigue, suited to Sorte curled up under the small helmet with small machine guns of World War around them without ever hit: the dihedral IV + asked me (for my wickedness): "I recommend it retrieves the nail, because we no longer", responded: but how did you go from here. "from laugh, because four years before it was all verglass phenomena," and the split as I had done better and the stop of William Gabetto! (player of the Great Turin Football of Superga's tragedy. Editor's note). "And the nail?". "I was not able to pull it out ... how did you put it? ". Bastards, because in 1980 there was not even able by The Camillo. It was in like a Kriss Malay and has remained so. And still there today. Go take it off, I say Bravo!
That day, in day from Pila <i(1800 m), as in 1980, even as always, we went to the North Wall on "request". Yes, because at that precise day was scheduled for the positioning of Federigo Zullo Bivouac at Carrel Hill. I had asked the Mountain Guide "Dolomitista" Enrico Mauro, one of the attempts to Nose Zmutt with Mirko Minuzzo, Valtournanche's Mountain Guide. Another "consortium" of Friends Fénis and Saint Marcel would rise along the North-northeast Edge also "Three Curates Crest". All with the filming of R.A.I. to perpetuate the event. Moral of the helicopter with the Troupe, due to strong winds, never arrived, and Battistèn & Ughetto (two of my athletes preparing for racing Luge) pulled me down the stones from the edge (they say that the cause was the wind) and the next day, the Mayor of Charvensod Eusèbe Imperial, spectator at the Carrel Hill of the whole climb, I rebuke: "Madonna, that pendulums were doing!", I, poor fellow, instead I ran with zig-zag at breakneck speed to dodge the stones...
Moral: I will never again in my life an uphill request!
EMILIUS's GROUP 33

E così avvenne. I nuovi materiali abbattono le difficoltà. Anzi le esaltano. Prendiam un esempio: la Parete Nordovest del Gran Paradiso oppure la Nordest della Grivola con le vecchie piccozze con un becco di 30 cm che, in caso di "verglass", costringevano ad estenuanti lavori di taglio nel ghiaccio e gradinamenti, con i vecchi ramponi da terreno misto con le due punte anteriori rivolte al basso per poter essere sfruttati anche sulla roccia, con i chiodi semi tubolari da ghiaccio dei quali non s'é mai capito il reale supporto in fatto di sicurezza, tutti questi fattori esterni, a prescindere quindi dalle abilità proprie dell'alpinista, facevan si che queste fossero salite per pochi. Pochi e bravi e coraggiosi. Ovvero la crème. Quest'attrezzatura moderna ha reso banale tutto questo. E dove una volta passavano in due, oggi passano in 2000. Perché son più bravi? Nossignori, perché son cambiate le regole del gioco. Provate a fare il Record del Mondo con un'asta di bambù!...
Ma questo é l'alpinismo moderno. Decadon anche i miti delle Pareti Nord di Cervino, Walker ed Eiger. Oggi son tutti "bravissimi". Che cosa sono il Pilone del Freney o la Ovest della Noire, Via Ratti Vitale. Una "cazzata". E' quasi più difficile l'Approccio o lo scivolo in ghiaccio alla base della parete. Abbiam conosciuto gente che di fatto ha più "ravanato" su questi che non a percorrer la via stessa. Ma allora i fenomeni eran quelli di prima? Può darsi. Perché non era etico e non si doveva barare, La botte dava il vin ch'aveva. Penso che questo succeda anche in Himalaya. Detto da uno che può valere, al massimo, l'Emilius...
Però quei due che nel 1984 ch'eran con noi, e venivan dal Pilastro Rosso del Brouillard, dalla Via degli Svizzeri al Grand Capucin (mitologiche per noi, poveri domenicali) dal... dal... Non venivano mai sù e viaggiavano con 2 ore di ritardo e, quando da sopra li richiamavo avvertendoli delle scariche di sassi in arrivo, prima reagivano correndo al riparo sui bordi del canale poi, vinti dalla stanchezza, si rimettevan alla Sorte raggomitolandosi sotto al caschetto con le mitragliatrici della Prima Guerra Mondiale che li circondavano di colpi senza mai prenderli: al diedro di IV°+ mi chiedevan (per una mia cattiveria): "mi raccomando recupera il chiodo, perché non n'abbiamo più", rispondevano: ma com'hai fatto a passare da qui". Da ridere, perché quattro anni prima era tutto in verglass", e la spaccata l'avevo fatta come e meglio dello stop di Guglielmo Gabetto! (calciatore del Grande Torino di Superga. N.d.R.). "Ed il chiodo?". "Non sono riuscito ad estrarlo ... ma com'hai fatto a metterlo?". Che bastardi, perché nel 1980 non c'era riuscito neppure Il Camillo. Era dentro come un Kriss malese e così é rimasto. E c'é ancor oggi. Andate a toglierlo, che vi dico Bravi!
Quel giorno, in giornata da Pila (1.800 m), come nel 1980, anzi come sempre, eravam andati a far la Nord su "richiesta". Si perché in quel giorno preciso era in programma il posizionamento del Bivacco Federigo Zullo al Colle Carrel. Me l'aveva chiesto la Guida "Dolomitista" Enrico Mauro, quello dei tentativi al Naso di Zmutt con Mirko Minuzzo, Guida di Valtournanche. Un'altra cordata degli Amici di Fénis e Saint Marcel sarebbe salita lungo lo Spigolo Nord-nordest. Il tutto con riprese della R.A.I. per eternare l'evento. Morale l'elicottero con la Troupe, causa il forte vento, non arrivò mai, Battistèn & Ughetto (due miei atleti che preparavo per le corse in Slittino) mi tiravano giù le pietre dallo spigolo (loro dicon che la causa foss'il vento) ed, il giorno appresso, il Sindaco di Charvensod Eusèbe Imperial, spettatore al Colle Carrel di tutta la salita, mi rimbrotta: "Madonna, che pendoli facevi!", Io, poveraccio, invece correvo con zig-zag a perdifiato per scansar le pietre...
Morale: non farò mai più nella mia vita una salita a richiesta!
EMILIUS's GROUP 33 Northeast PANO
EMILIUS's GROUP 33 Northeast PANO

Modern Routes Description

But ... We were just in a different Age and now we come to more serious things.
But there were also those series, the result of attempts, successes but also failures, if not defeats, errors, intuitions, but above all to overcome many hardships and dangers.
In our view, if the previous climbing could be regarded as a trait d'union, which is a symbolic link or virtual, with those of the late '800, '900, and until the beginning of World War II, including, they assume, in addition to other materials or equipment, side dishes and other aspects in order of philosophical and moral towards the Mountain. The process of change is a result somewhat slower over time, a time that begins with the first ascent in 1823 and reaches, always in our opinion, to 1985. A period of over 150 years! Impossible, you say. Things had already changed before and well. True, you can not be anachronistic. From approaches by mule and breeches are gradually transited to something new. The novelties were fashionable even then, and even the goals changed by natural evolution or because, simply, certain veins were finished. The search for the new, the novelty and the limit has always existed. But it is the way to go, to get closer, not so much in material and spiritual sense that, in practice, remained the same. The Man who married the Mountain, like a Goddess to love and respect. The spirit of Friendship and Brotherhood among all Mountaineers. The total respect of Nature in its most varied forms.
We spoke of these 152 years and this endless bridge between Defey/Cerise and Comé and solo ascent of Alberto Sciardi in June 1985 along the Central Couloir or 1940 Route, after having done the night before the Fires of Peter and Paul on "Becca", en respect to an ancient tradition of the Valley of Aosta. A solo ascent conducted in the traditional way, with materials very similar to those of the Twenties, Thirties and Forties, which are decisive for the exploration of this great wall. Even the descent is in line with the way the past to go: West-northwest along the ridge to join his brother at the crossroads "Becca"/Carrel Hill, the Gros Scez. The only thing different is the starting point, the new Federigo Zullo Bivouac gives comfort compared to other livestock enclosures rough to the Refuge by Baron Beck Peckoz, at the pond, or, worse still, its remains poor, those to be invited to do all day starting from the far Pila.
a) - "The Golden Age", the period from first ascents to the peaks of the group (Emilius, 1823, Becca di Nona, 1832, Punta Garin, 1856, Becca di Sale, Small, and Roise, 1875, Punta della Valletta, 1877, Punta red Emilius 1891 Tip Leppe 1893 Becca Seneva and Tower of Arpisson1897, Head Blansette Tour Grauson 1906 until 1909) which closes with this latest, unless some other secondary summit or unusually Forgotten Lagoon as the Punta des Laures or Punta Fiorito, the circle of "conquest of the peaks. But some dates are uncertain, because villagers or hunters may already achieved them, others such as the tips of the watershed Pila Basin / Cone Valley, Mont Belleface, Black Head, Signal Sismonda or above Gimillan, Tsaplana and tip Arpisson, Mont Vallonet will never be known, given the ease of the climb to the same;;
b) - "The Age of Exploration on the ridges", which is the period that sees climbers Italian, English, accompanied by Swiss Mountain Guides, or abbots who consistently go to discover new steps or climbs on ridges and "crestoni" still virgins. You can start from the ascent of the Ridge West-northwest, by Pavese with two soldiers, of Punta Garin 1875 (because of the Decaroli / Lucat with Jean Antoine Carrel in the same year the Summit is more research still a virgin, even if carried out with a large ridge hike), to conclude with the ascent of the demanding North-northeast Edge of Emilius of the three Abbots Bonin, Bovet and Henry with the young Engineer Tofani in 1906;
c) - "The Age of Exploration of the Walls", which can be detected by double Seneva's Becca climb to the West and to the North of the Little Emilius of 30/1 Augusto 1897 by Giovan Battista Devalle/Ercole Daniele with the Mountain Guides of Valtounenche Luigi Bich and Alessandro Pession, concluding with the tough climb of the Emilius's East by Academic "The Fortissimo" Giusto Gervasutti/Renato Chabod in 1935;
d) - "The Age of the climbs Winter, solitary or repetitions", from the first winter of absolute all'Emilius LinoBinel/Remo Chabod/Leonardo Cossard the one on the east face of the same Abele Blanc/ Carlo Lucianaz in 1989, the first winter and alone on the West-northwest Ridge of Nerino Gobbo winter 40/1 at the first winter on the North, through the Via Quendoz/Trevisan of 1970, by Mountain Guides Valpelline Alberto Chéraz/Corrado Framarin at the end of December 1984. With regard to Solitary by that of "Agostino" Zulian on the East in 1961, then repeated with other ways by Guido Matteotti in September 1971 and August 1975 by Ezio Donzel or on North Crétier 1927, by Gianni Pais Becher in July 1967 , repeated again by Christian Cardellina in July 1998. The new routes on the North by Osvaldo Cardellina August 1998 and the strong Mountain Guide Cogne's Ezio Marlier November 2006. In this regard, the great reps should be emphasized that the three Mountain Guides of Cogne Dante Bibois/Alfredo and Ettore Grappein 23th July 1983 on the Via Bozzetti/Rosset 1960 to the Triangle.




Ma ... Eravam proprio d'un'altra Epoca ed adesso veniamo a cose più serie.
Ma eran serie anche quelle, frutto di tentativi, successi ma anche d'insuccessi, se non disfatte, di errori, di intuizioni ma, soprattutto di tante fatiche e pericoli superati.
A nostro avviso, se le precedenti scalate potevan essere considerate un trait d'union, ossia un legame simbolico e virtuale, con quelle di fine '800, di inizio '900 e fino alla Seconda Guerra Mondiale, compresa, queste assumon, oltre che altri materiali o equipaggiamento, altri contorni ed aspetti anche in ordine di pensiero filosofico e morale nei confronti della Montagna. Il processo di cambiamento é risultato alquanto lento nel tempo, un tempo che inizia con la prima salita del 1823 ed arriva fino, sempre a nostro avviso, al 1985. Un lasso di tempo di oltre 150 anni! Impossibile, direte. Le cose erano già e ben cambiate prima. Vero, non si può essere anacronistici. Dagli approcci a dorso di mulo e pantaloni alla zuava gradatamente si transitava a qualcosa di nuovo. Le novità andavano di moda anche allora ed anche gli obiettivi cambiavano per naturale evoluzione o perché, semplicemente, certe vene erano terminate. La ricerca del nuovo, della novità e del limite é sempre esistita. Ma é il modo di andare, di avvicinarsi, non tanto in senso materiale quanto spirituale che, in pratica, rimaneva il medesimo. L'Uomo che sposava la Montagna, come fosse una Dea da amare e rispettare. Lo spirito di Amicizia e Fratellanza tra tutti gli Alpinisti. Il rispetto totale della Natura, nelle sue forme più variegate.
Dicevam di questi 152 anni e di quest'interminabile ponte tra Defey/Cerise e Comé e la salita solitaria di Alberto Sciardi nel Giugno 1985, lungo il Canale Centrale o Via del 1940, dopo aver fatto la sera precedente i Fuochi di Pietro e Paolo sulla "Becca", ripettando un'antica Tradizione della Valle d'Aosta. Una salita solitaria condotta in modo classico, con materiali alquanto similari a quelli degli Anni Venti, Trenta e Quaranta, decisivi per l'esplorazione di questa grande parete. Anche la discesa é in linea con il modo passato di andare: lungo la Cresta Ovest-nordovest per raggiungere il fratello al bivio Becca/Colle Carrel, al Gros Scez. L'unica cosa di diverso il punto di partenza; il nuovo Bivacco Federigo Zullo concede altre comodità rispetto ai rudi addiacci al Rifugio del Barone Beck Peckoz, presso il laghetto, o, peggio ancora, dai suoi miseri resti, tali da invitare a compiere tutto in giornata partendo dalla ben lontana Pila. Chiaramente anche in questo molto lungo periodo (umanamente parlando o forse, e meglio, alpinisticamente perché questi sono granelli di sabbia in rapporto all'età geologica di una montagna) si possono evidenziare delle tranches, così riassumibili:
a) - L'Età dell'Oro", ovvero il periodo che va dalle prime salite alle vette del gruppo (Emilius 1823, Becca di Nona 1832, Punta Garin 1856, Becca di Salé, Piccola e Grande Roise 1875, Punta della Valletta 1877, Punta Rossa dell'Emilius 1891, Punta di Leppe 1893 Becca di Seneva e Torre di Arpisson 1897, Testa Blansette 1906 fino alla Tour Grauson 1909) con questa ultima che chiude, salvo qualche altra cima secondaria o stranamente obliata come la Punta des Laures o la Punta Fiorito, il cerchio della "conquista delle cime. Ma alcune sono date aleatorie, perché già valligiani o cacciatori potrebbero averle raggiunte; di altre come le punte dello spartiacque Conca di Pila/Valle di Cone, Mont Bellefaçe, Testa Nera, Signal Sismonda o, sopra Gimillan, Tsaplana e Punta di Arpisson, Mont Vallonet non si saprà mai, vista la facilità della salita alle medesime;
b) - "L'età delle esplorazioni sulle creste", ossia il periodo che vede alpinisti italiani, inglesi, accompagnati da Guide Svizzere, o Abati che sistematicamente vanno alla scoperta di nuovi passaggi o salite su creste e "crestoni" ancora vergini. Si può iniziare dalla salita del Pavese sulla Cresta Ovest-nordovest della Punta Garin 1875 (perché quella di Decaroli/Lucat con Jean Antoine Carrel nello stesso anno é più la ricerca della Sommità ancora vergine, anche se effettuata con una grande traversata in cresta), per concludere con la salita dell'impegnativo Spigolo Nord-nordest dell'Emilius da parte dei tre Abati Bonin, Bovet ed Henry con il giovane Ingegnere Tofani nel 1906;
c) - "L'Età delle esplorazioni delle Pareti", che può essere individuata dalla doppia salita alla Ovest della Seneva ed alla Nord del Piccolo Emilius del 30/1 Agosto 1897 da Giovan Battista Devalle/Ercole Daniele con le Guide di Valtounenche Luigi Bich ed Alessandro Pession, per concludere con la dura salita della Est dell'Emilius di "Il Fortissimo" Giusto Gervasutti/Renato Chabod nel 1935;
d) - "L'età delle salite Invernali, delle solitarie o delle ripetizioni", dalla prima invernale assoluta all'Emilius di Lino Binel/RemoChabod/Leonardo Cossard a quella sulla Parete Est dello stesso di Abele Blanc/Carlo Lucianaz nel 1989; dalla prima invernale e solitaria sulla Cresta Ovest-nordovest di Nerino Gobbo nell'inverno '40/1 alla prima invernale sulla Nord, tramite la Via Quendoz/Trevisan del 1970, da parte delle Guide di Valpelline Alberto Chéraz/Corrado Framarin a fine Dicembre 1984. Per quanto concerne le Solitarie da quella di "Agostino" Zulian sulla Est nel 1961, poi ripetuta con altre vie da Guido Matteotti nel Settembre 1971 ed Ezio Donzel nell'Agosto 1975 o di Gianni Pais Becher sulla Nord, Via Crétier 1927, nel Luglio 1967; ripetuta ancora da Christian Cardellina nel Luglio 1998. Alle nuove vie sulla Nord di Osvaldo Cardellina Agosto 1998 e della forte Guida di Cogne Ezio Marlier Novembre 2006. A riguardo delle grandi ripetizioni va sottolineata quella delle tre Guide di Cogne Dante Bibois/Alfredo ed Ettore Grappein il 23 Luglio 1983 sulla Via Bozzetti/Rosset 1960 al Triangolo.




Chronological HISTORY & Organization

But, as far as is evident in this subdivision, some periods overlap in terms of type of ascension. It's not that the mountain has been programmed with the measuring cup and even with your computer. This is also true for mountaineers, because this is not a sport, where everything is encoded by strict rules. More or less. So ribalteremo this proposal, still valid in its essential lines, with another scan that we will propose in the tableau immediately after, which will divide the various stages in a chronological sense, namely:
1) - the beginning (1823) to World War I, including (1918);
2) - from the end of this (1918) to the Second World War, including (1945);
3) - forty years after the war, or from '45 to 1985;
4) - from 1986 to the present.

This new choice in order to differentiate from the point of view of technical evolution, calling Vie Moderne those ranging from 1945 to 1985 and the subsequent New Age, of which we will discuss in the next section. This choice makes it, in my opinion, easier to understand the speech of evolution especially with regard to ideas, resources and materials used. Nevertheless, even with this method we will make "overlap", which we can estimate as "advances"; while they logics, showing the great imagination and plasticity of the human mind.
EMILIUS's The MODERN MAGIC ERA

Ma, da come ben si evidenzia in questa suddivisione, alcuni periodi si sovrappongono in quanto a tipologia di ascensione. Non é che la montagna é stata programmata con il misurino e neppure con il computer. Questo vale anche per gli alpinisti, anche perché questo non é uno sport, dove tutto é codificato da regole ferree. Più o meno. Quindi ribalteremo questa proposta, pur sempre valida nelle sue linee essenziali, con un'altra scansione che vi proporremo nel TABLEAU subito dopo, nella quale divideremo le varie tappe in senso cronologico, ossia:
1) - dagli albori (1823) alla Prima Guerra Mondiale, compresa (1918);
2) - dalla fine di questa (1918) alla Seconda Guerra Mondiale, compresa (1945);
3) - quarantennio dal dopo guerra ovvero dal '45 al 1985;
4) - dal 1986 ad oggi.

Questa nuova scelta onde differenziare dal punto di vista tecnico l'evoluzione, chiamando Vie Moderne quelle che vanno dal 1945 al 1985 e New Age le successive, delle quali tratteremo nella prossima sezione. Questa scelta rende, a mio avviso, più comprensibile il discorso dell'evoluzione soprattutto in rapporto alle idee, ai mezzi ed ai materiali usati. Ciononostante anche con questo procedimento si effettueranno degli "accavallamenti", che possiamo stimare come "anticipazioni"; pur esse logiche, a dimostrazione della grande fantasia e plasticità della mente umana.


 

ASCENTS & EVENTS since 1945 until 1985


Summer, 1946: Pietro "Piero" Rosset and Franco Garda first repetition E Wall, Gervasutti/Chabod 1935 Route in ascent from Ménabreaz Shelter/Blantsette Glacier.

February 1949: Pietro "Piero" Rosset and Franco Garda first Winter N-NE Edge in ascent from Pila/Comboé/Carrel Hill/Western and Eastern Arpisson's Glaciers/Testa Blantsette and Carving.

August 16th, 1955: Giovanni Matteo "Agostino" Zulian First solo on NE Ridge and N Edge.

Spring/Summer 1958: Angelo Bozzetti NE Ridge up to the Black Triangle and traverse on E Wall, new route, in ascent from Pila/Comboé/Carrel Hill, two Arpisson's Glaciers/Testa Blansette & Carving.

September 10/11th, 1960: Angelo "Angelino" Bozzetti and Pietro "Piero" Rosset first absolute on N Wall Black Triangle, in ascent from Pila/Comboé/Carrel Hill/Western and Eastern Arpisson's Glaciers.

September 05th, 1961: Giovanni "Agostino" Zulian first solo on E Wall (Central Direct, Route 1935 with direct variants in final part), in ascent from Ménabreaz Shelter/Blantsette Glacier.

February 3th, 1967: death of Angelo "Angelino" Bozzetti for falling down on the Southeast Ridge or Normal Route of the Aiguille Noire of Péuterey, after winning with Luigi Pramotton the West Face, Ratti/Vitale Route, first absolute Winter of wall.

July 27th, 1967: Gianni Pais Becher first solo on N Wall (Pillar of Left, Crétier/Binel Route 1927), in ascent from Pila/Comboé/Carrel Hill with bivouac in Baron Beck Peckoz Hunting Shelter/Western Arpisson's Glacier.

October 13th, 1968: Osvaldo Cardellina first S Éperon of Little Emilius and W Arête, in ascent from Pila/Arbolle/Boulders Ponds.

September 29th, 1969: death by falling on the Southeast Wall, Ottoz Route, Jean Joseph Aiguille Croux Mont Blanc, of Ilario Antonio Garzotto, young climber grown in Group of Mount Emilius together with Gianni Junod. They had learned the art of climbing in the climbing of Chenaux (Pollein) in the footsteps of "Angelino" Bozzetti. Garzotto had a talent and a sure promise for the Aosta Valley Mountaineering.

September 27th, 1970: Renato Quendoz and Giuseppe "Pino" Trevisan North Wall (Pillar of Right or West), new route, and W Crest, in ascent from Pila/Comboé/Carrel Hill/Peckoz Old Shelter (bivouac)/Arpisson's Western Glacier.

September 30th, 1971: Guido Matteotti E Wall lower and middle parts 1935 Route, diagonal in ascent to N Edge; partial superior part on N Edge), new route, in ascent from Ménabreaz Hut/Blantsette Glacier.

August 16th, 1975: Ezio Donzel E Wall, new Route of Left in respect to Route 1935, in ascent from Ménabreaz Shelter/Blantsette Glacier.

At the end of December, 1978: First Edit of the book "Guida del Monte Emilius", by Osvaldo Cardellina; Editor Osvaldo Cardellina with the collaboration of Aosta's Section C.A.I.

August 31th, 1980: Osvaldo Cardellina and Camillo Roberto Ferronato North Wall Direct Route, new route, in ascent and in day from Pila/Comboé/Carrel Hill/Arpisson's Western Glacier.

July 23th, 1983: Dante Bibois, Alfredo and Ettore Grappein first repetition of Bozzetti/Rosset Route 1960, in ascent from Peckoz Shelter (bivouac)/Arpisson's Western and Eastern Glaciers.

Summer 1983: Roberto Arbaney and Danilo Chatrian first repetition of Quendoz/Trevisan Route 1970, in ascent from Pila/Comboé/Carrel Hill/Old Peckoz Shelter (bivouac)/Western Arpisson's Glacier.

July 08th, 1984: Osvaldo Cardellina first S-SW Slope through Little Couloir, new route, in ascent from Pila/Arbolle/Frozen Lake.

July 28th, 1984: Osvaldo Cardellina and Camillo Roberto Ferronato; Sandrino "Lupetto" Casalegno and Maurizio Castellan North Wall Superdirect Route, new route, in ascent and in day from Pila/Comboé/Carrel Hill/Arpisson's Western Glacier.

July 28th, 1984: Positioning, by helycopter, Federigo Zullo Bivouac on Carrel Hill (2.907m)

December30/31th 1984: Alberto Chéraz and Corrado Framarin first Winter absolute of Wall and second repetition of Quendoz/Trevisan Route 1970, in ascent from Pila/Comboé/Carrel Hill/Old Peckoz Shelter (bivouac)/Western Arpisson's Glacier.

June 30th, 1985: Alberto Sciardi N Wall (Central Couloir, 1940?) first solo, in ascent From Pila/Comboé/Carrel Hill/Arpisson's Western Glacier. Descent through W-NW Ridge.



New AGE


As already said, the new climbs, which distinguish this last period, they bring something new even sull'Emilius. Materials newer and more sophisticated allow climbing in practice impossible to do previously with the old ice ax "cut" and crampons mixed, that is, with the points facing down. Already here there had been a slow evolution with the transition from 8 bits to 10 and finally to 12, but would seem to directed to a technique in diagonal and lateral progression of ice, after carving steps. As for ice screws, semi-tubular and practically useless as to cause, yes and no idea of ​​security exclusively psychological, of the fifties in the next sixties began to see those screw, similar to the Stubai of tirabouchons; more there in the seventies appear Salewa tubular screwing in the round outer and inner hole to accommodate the ice, which then will have to make one with the same nail becoming one with the ice. Regarding the ax are witnessing an attempt to patent a new Grivel tested by Franco Garda at Rifugio Monzino on either side of Glaciers Brouillard and of Freney. The experience of the young people in the Youth Mountaineering Courses held here in 08/07/1966. Will not have a great success, because the solution of the tool to cut the beak-shaped ax does not solve any problem, while remaining a cutting technique for progression into ice. The novelty in the news: some small serrated teeth on the tool that were already intuit something about future developments, but for the moment there were only a hunch and something that, at least from an aesthetic, stimulated the concept of owning something more of adjuvant. A small + X. But until then, even for the most talented, the steps beyond a certain slope (let's say 70/5°) were solved using the "Artificial" by means of nails, hoping for the best, and brackets; were no longer in rope hemp but incidentally as synthetic ropes, continuous improvement to deal with the loads of the fall with "jerk".
It will take the climb by Walter Cecchinel in the mid-seventies, in the small canal on the North between the two to make Dru turn the page.
Thus was born the technique of piolet-traction, or progression "cut" to go to that anchor and propelled by the force of arms to carry out one traction, the crampon is passing on the support (a technique stupid and tiring) penetration into the ice with the two front points, which have been transformed addressing the horizontal axis, thus acting as real nails. This preamble is to understand the need for a correct implementation of certain existing streets, practically impossible up to thirty years past.
We'll talk, returning to the theme on Emilius.



NEW strong WINDS to EMILIUS


Come già dicevamo, le nuove salite, che contraddistinguon quest'ultimo periodo, portano qualcosa di nuovo anche sull'Emilius. Materiali più recenti e maggiormente sofisticati permettono scalate in pratica impossibili a farsi in precedenza con le vecchie piccozze "a taglio" ed i ramponi da misto, ovvero con le punte rivolte in basso. Già qui v'era stata una lenta evoluzione con il passaggio dalle 8 punte alle 10 ed infine alle 12, ma sembre rivolte ad una tecnica in ghiaccio di progressione diagonale e laterale, previo intaglio di gradini. In quanto ai chiodi da ghiaccio, semitubolari e praticamente inutili tali da arrecare, si e no, un'idea di sicurezza esclusivamente psicologica, degli Anni Cinquanta nei successivi Sessanta si incominciavano a vedere quelli a vite, gli Stubai simili a dei tirabouchons; più in là negli Anni Settanta appaiono i tubolari Salewa con avvitamento a tutto tondo esterno e foro interno per accogliere il ghiaccio, che poi dovrà far corpo unico con il chiodo medesimo diventando un tutt'uno con il medesimo. Riguardo alla piccozza assistiamo ad un tentativo di novità con un brevetto della Grivel provato da Franco Garda al Rifugio Monzino sui due laterali Ghiacciai di Brouillard e diFreney. Lo sperimenteranno i giovani nei Corsi di Alpinismo Giovanile qui svolti nel 1966/7/8. Non avrà un grande successo, perché la soluzione di tagliare il becco dell'attrezzo a forma di ascia non risolve alcun problema, rimanendo sempre una tecnica di taglio per la progressione in ghiaccio. La novità nella novità: alcuni dentini seghettati sull'attrezzo di già facenti intuire un presagio sugli sviluppi futuri, ma che pel momento rimanevano solo un'intuizione ed un qualcosa che, almeno dal lato estetico, stimolava il concetto di possedere un qualcosa in più di coadiuvante. Un piccolo + X. Ma sino ad allora, anche per i più bravi, i passaggi oltre una certa pendenza (diciamo i 70/5°) andavano risolti con la tecnica "Artificiale" per mezzo di chiodi, sperando in bene, e staffe; non eran più in corda di canapa ma in sintetico come daltronde le corde, in continuo miglioramento per affrontare i carichi della caduta con "strappo".
Ci vorrà la salita di Walter Cecchinel, a metà degli Anni Settanta, nel canalino sulla Nord tra i due Dru a fare svoltare pagina.
Nasce così la tecnica del piolet-traction, ovvero dalla progressione "a taglio" si passa a quella di ancoraggio e propulsione per mezzo della forza delle braccia nell'effettuar una trazione; il rampone corrisponde passando dall'appoggio (una tecnica balorda e faticosa) alla penetrazione nel ghiaccio con le due punte anteriori, trasformatesi indirizzandosi sull'asse orizzontale e fungendo quindi da veri e propri chiodi. Questo preambolo risulta neccessario onde far comprendere la realizzazione di certe vie attuali, praticamente impossibili fino ad un Trentennio passato.

Ne parleremo, tornando in tema sull'Emilius.




NEW hard WINDS from EMILIUS

*******


ASCENTS & EVENTS since 1986 until 2021


July 04th, 1986: Osvaldo Cardellina and Alessandro Cardellina (10 years old) first ascent on Emilius's Central Capuchin (3.250/60 meters about), after the descent through the S-SE Crest or Normal Route of Monte Emilius; in ascent from Pila, Arbolle, Frozen Loch.

October 11th, 1986: Osvaldo Cardellina and Danilo Garzotto W-SW "Great Pillar" to the right (East) by Corona - Defey - Comé Route of September 10th, 1875 and W Crest ("Direct Line to Grey Jump Via"): from Pila, Chamolé Col, Arbolle, Frozen and Boulders's Lochs.

1985 or 1986 or 1987: Carlo Lucianaz N-NE "Crestone" of Nona's Becca and traverse through Arpisson's two Glaciers to Emilius's NERidge and N Edge in ascent and W-NW Arête in descent, in ascent from Charvensod (!)/Reverier/Ponteilles/Morion Alp.

July 05th, 1988: Osvaldo Cardellina, solo, first in twice ascent to Monte Emilius through a variant to the right (East) by the route of October 11th, 1986 Route (O. Cardellina - D. Garzotto Via)), both always from Boulders's mini Ponds.

January 01th, 1989: Abele Blanc and Carlo Lucianaz first Winter E Wall, from Ménabreaz Shelter/Blantsette Glacier.

August 06th, 1988: Osvaldo Cardellina first SE Wall, from Pila/Arbolle/Traverse "Three Capuchins" Pass.

June 10th, 1990: Osvaldo Cardellina first S Spur and S-SW Slope, in ascent from Pila/Arbolle/Frozen Lake.

June 17th, 1990: Aldo Cambiolo and Pierluigi Sartore North Wall between Black Triangle and "Mammellone" Route and N Edge, in ascent from Federigo Zullo Bivouac/Eastern and Western Arpisson's Glaciers.

June 23th, 1991: Osvaldo Cardellina First? solo W Arête, in ascent from Pila/Comboé/Plan Valé and W Slope of Róss Pass.

August 01/02th, 1991: Mountain Guide Aldo Cambiolo and Roberta Vittorangeli, N Wall of Black Triangle "Direct Route", new route and N Edge, in ascent from Federigo Zullo Bivouac/Eastern and Western Arpisson's Glaciers.

June 30th, 1995: Osvaldo Cardellina, solo, NE Pillar and E Arête: (Variant from Blantsette Glacier to "Brissogne Ridge): in ascent from Pila, Comboé, Carrel Hill, Federigo Zullo Bivouac, Arpisson Western and Eastern Glaciers, Testa and Col Blantsette to Blantsette Glacier.

June 16th, 1996: Osvaldo Cardellina first W-NW Crest of Frozen Loch Points and crossing to Ròss Pass, in ascent from Pila/Comboé/Plan Valé.

July th?, 1998: Inauguration and opening of the Arbolle's Refuge near Arbolle Low Loch (2.496m).

July th?, 1998: Christian Gianni Ilario Cardellina second solo N Wall (Pillar of Left, 1927) and 3° solo of wall, in ascent from Pila/Carrel Hill Western Arpisson Glacier.

August 09th, 1998: Osvaldo Cardellina N Wall first Couloir of Right, new route and 4° solo of wall, in ascent and in day from Pila/Comboé/Carrel Pass/Western Arpisson Glacier.

June 06th, 1999: Osvaldo Cardellina first W Wall of Mount Ròss of Comboé and traverse to Little Emilius, in ascent from Pila/Comboé/Plan Valé.

March 2005: Edit book of the Series Guide of Mounts of Italy "Emilius Rosa dei Banchi Parco del M.Avic", by Giulio Berutto and Lino Fornelli. Editor C.A.I./T.C.I.

Jul 18th, 2006:Osvaldo Cardellina, solo, SW Face of Punte del Lago Gelato (3.113/5m); in ascent from Pila, Comboé, Col Plan Fenêtre, Comboé Alpage and Grand Plan ancient (ruines) Pasture, with descent through South Crest to Comboé Pass and subsequent crossing.

October 18/19th, 2006: Ezio Marlier and Rossano Libera NW Wall or, better, NW Edge (just amongst Bozzetti - Rosset of September 1960 and Cambiolo - Vittorangeli August 1990 and Cambiolo Sartore June 1990 Routes) of Black Triangle Route up to a little notch between Triangle's Teeths and N Edge in final part (Way baptized by the first climbers as "Bocconi amari" also "Senza Parole"), new route, in ascent from Federigo Zullo Bivouac/Western and Eastern Arpisson's Glaciers; difference in level 400 meters; (V°/M7/WI6/); ED.

October 28th, 2006: Osvaldo Cardellina, lone, S Slope ("Large Pillar"- Southern Slope and Western Ridge in final part), in day from Pila, Chamolé's Lake and overlying Pass, Arbolle Vallon, Lago Gelato; in descent S-SE Crest or Standard Route to "Three Capuchins Pass".

November 06/07th, 2006: Roger Schàli (CH) and Robert Jasper (D) first repetition on Black Triangle NW Edge Libera - Marlier Via of October 18/19th, 2006 ; in descent through NW Ridge along "Via Ferrata" 2004" towards Little Emilius (3.342m), Mont Ròss de Comboé (about 3.285/3.301m), Federigo Zullo Bivouac (2.907m) on Col Carrel (2.916m), Gros Scez or Grand Sax (2.526m), Comboé Vallon, Pila.

November 18/19th, 2006: Ezio Marlier N Wall Right or West Route (Way baptized by the first climber as "Spirito Libero" or "Free Spirit"), new route just to the right by Western Gully or Cardellina Via August 09th, 1998, in ascent from Federigo Bivouac/West Arpisson Glacier.

March 20th, 2007: Osvaldo Cardellina, lone, first winter ascent on Northern Wall of Becca di Nona by Ourlaz 1940 Route; in ascent in day from Pila/Plan of Fenêtre Hill/Lower Comboé/Morion Alp (ruines); in descent towards Carrel Pass/Federigo Zullo Bivouac/Comboé/Pila.

July 07th, 2007: Osvaldo Cardellina, lone, S-SW Face on "Sinuous Little Pillar", in West by "Large Pillar", and Southern Slope in final part (Direct Diagonal Line to Summit, in day from Pila Parking, Chamolé Loch and Col, Arbolle Vallon, Lago Gelato; in descent through the "Great Couloir" on Southern Slope, Abbot Henry - Reverend Bionaz - Charvensod's Mountain Guide Comé Route of September 02th, 1902.

October 07th, 2007: Osvaldo Cardellina first NW Crest of SW Point of Comboé's Trident (3.083m around) and double traverse of three Summits, in ascent from Pila/Plan of Fenêtre Hill/Comboé/Grand Plan Old Alpage; in descent towards Arbole or Arbolle Shelter.

May 01th, 2008: Osvaldo Cardellina, lone, N-NW Face of Punte del Lago Gelato, in day from Pila/Plan of Fenêtre Hill/Plan Valé Tableland and crossing to the South at the base of wall; in descent North Crest to Col Ròss (3.091m) and from this West Slope towards Gros Scez.

September 27th, 2009: Osvaldo Cardellina, lone, SE Wall ("S-S-E Rib" and E Crest in final part, new route to the right (East) by August 06th, 1988 Via); in day from Pila, traverse West / East of "Three Capuchins Pass" at the base of face; in descent S-SE Crest or Normal.

Oct 07th, 2009: Osvaldo Cardellina, lone, S Slope (S-SW Wall on "Little Broken Pillar" in right (East) by Route of October 11th, 1986 and diagonal crossing to NE on Southern Slope up to the small round saddle just before the Summit; in day from Pila Resort, Chamolé's Lake and Pass, Arbolle Vallon, Lago Gelato; in descent Standard Route or "Three Capuchins Crest" towards Lago Gelato, Arbolle Shelter, Pila.

September 2012: death of Giovanni Matteo "Agostino" Zulian, climber, mountaineer and hunter of Brissogne Hamlet Luin. He was one of the founding members of the Refuge Ernesto Ménabreaz at The Laures. It will always be remembered for "his" Fires of Peter and Paul (June 29) on the Peak of Emilius.
April 13th, 2015: Snowboarder Aosta's Davide Capozzi and Chamonix's Mountain Guide Julien Henry first descent by snowboard of three quarters (about 430 meters, with 55°/50°/45°/42°), of NW Couloir into Emilius's North Wall; in day from Pila, Comboé Vallon, Plan Valé Tableland, Gros Scez, Carrel Pass near Federigo Zullo Bivouac, Western, Eastern Arpisson Glaciers, Blantsette Testa and Pass, NE Crest up to the small notch about 3.370 meters just after the Black Triangle and by two initial rappels (six hours from Pila, difficulty: 5.2 E4).

January 08th, 2020: Courmayeur's Snowboarders Davide Capozzi and Aosta's Alessandro Letey first descent by snowboard and by ski of SW Face of Trident de Comboé Southwestern Summit (about 3.083 meters; through descent of about 480/500 meters, with 40°/45°, difficulty: 4.3 E3); in day from Pila Resort, Comboé Vallon, Comboé Alpage and Grand Plan ancient Pasture (ruines).

August 21th, 2020: Mountain Guides Valerio Stella, Stefano Cordaro and Lorenzo Di Francesco first direct ascent on right sector (North) of Monte Emilius East Wall "Giordi Via" * (,about 500 meters TD+, 6b+ max, 6a obl.) dedicated to mountaineer of Alpine Troops Maurizio Giordano, died July 11th, 2018 on Gaserbrum IV°; from Ernesto Menabreaz Shelter. Climbing realized after three tries since 2017.

August 27th, 2020: Mountain Guides and Instructors S.M.A. (Aosta's Military Alpine School) Denis Trento and Andrea Parisi first repetition of direct ascent on right sector (North) of Monte Emilius East Wall "Giordi Via" of August 21th, 2020; in day from Ernesto Menabreaz Shelter (2.546 meters) into the lower Les Laures Valley (Grand Brissogne Municipality).

July 02th, 2021: Alpine Guides Instructor Matteo Giglio with Mountain Guides Valgrisenche's Roger Bovard, Courmayeur's Niccolò Bruni and Arnad's Andrea Bergamelli second repetition Monte Emilius Eastern Wall right sector (North) "Giordi Via"; in day from Menabreaz Shelter (2.546 meters) in the Eastern shore of Dessous Lake (2.544 meters; Grand Brissogne Municipality) into the lower Laures Vallon.

August 06th, 2021: Mountain Guide and Instructor S.M.A. (Aosta's Military Alpine School) Davide De Podestà and Instructor S.M.A Diego Dal Maso third repetition of direct ascent on right sector or Northern Zone Monte Emilius East Wall "Giordi Route; in day from Ernesto Menabreaz Shelter (2.546 meters) nearby the Dessous Loch (2.546 meters) at the Laures Vallon (Grand Brissogne Municipality).

September 05th, 2021: Marco Guido Pernechele and Cecina's Aspiring Mountain Guide Marco Bernardini first repetition on M. Emilius North Wall (Cardellina - Ferronato Route of August 31th, 1980) from Pila, Plan Valé (2.379m); Gros Scez, Col Carrel, Federigo Bivouac.

*******

From Ancient Centuries to
NEWAGE




MISCELLANY amongst OLD

&

NEWAGE ROUTES

*******

We left at 1985 with the solo ascent of Alberto Sciardi in the Central Canal to the demarcation between the forty years after the war and what we call the New Age. Meanwhile, a rise of Charles Lucianaz departing from Charvensod, he does not remember whether in 1985 or 1986 or 1987 marks even better this trait d'union between an "old" Mountaineering and a New Age business. Our part of his land (about 700 meters), rises to the Falls and Reverier Ponteilles, continues to Morion under the North "Becca", the scale for the Way NE Crestone Crétier 1926 through the two Glaciers dell'Arpisson continues for the N-NE corner of Emilius and go down the West Ridge-northwest and then come back home safely, ie Charvensod. Fully in line with the philosophy of the past, and this Mondini in 1902, of "Dulo" Ourlaz with his wife in 1940 but with half path in reverse, with all the great climbs of the past. And yet it was he who set to Himalayst Abele Blanc (one of the first men in the world to climb all 14 eight-thousanders and twice Everest) to open, always in our view, a new era with the first winter at East Wall, January 01th, 1989. Birth of the New Age.
Logically, this is the New Age for Emilius, because what appears to be a novelty here, the groups of the most famous mountains is already passed by ten years. If enough. Refined the technique and the large veins exhausted available, you go to browse in the small operating adequate transference. Having said this might appear diminutive, but it would be a big mistake, because here there are no walls "simple", there are granite blocks, there are no easy positioning for nails or related insurance. They are, at least those of the North and the East, rustic walls that would require "wrist" and for which it is well to quote the whole day. Ask those who made ​​them. Summer and Winter.
These last two climbs named in same time that close the discourse with the past by opening one with the future. In fact, while with the crossing, let's call it, the Head of Emilius Northern practically circumnavigating the High Walloon dell'Arpisson, affirming the validity of the ascents of the past, with the first Winter on the East Wall opens up to more challenging climbs. Not that the first Winter of Chéraz/Framarin, at the end of '84, on the North Wall Via Quendoz/Trevisan September 1970 is underestimated, but this is more homogeneous in the difficulties that maintain continuity on the IV° for all 500 meters of the climb, the 'other, while in the harsh environment of the Northern Slope of 650 meters of climb presents difficulties of this kind for a little more than about 150 meters, while offering some forty meters higher difficulty (V°/V°+). Together with the first repeat of Bozzetti/Rosset September 1960 on the Black Triangle in July of '83, by the three "Cogneins", is a foretaste of the coming and there are both considered, for the time then, a little like two eggs made ​​out of the basket. In the following we have confirmation of the long dissertation previously performed: in June the rope of Valpelline's Mountain Guide Aldo Cambiolo with the young Pierluigi Sartore realizes the Way of the "Couloir Ghost." A gully about 250 meters located between the Black Triangle and the big "Mammellone" coming down from the North to "split" into two parts the small Glacier of th'Arpisson. It is a delicate and dangerous climb, which is carried by the two in the night hours, when the thin wire of ice that indicates the line of ascent is more compact and "fail". The climb with gradients up to 80° and over, who are overcome with the technique of piolet-traction, the same ends to the east of airy spire at the beginning of "Mammellone" itself. Above is dealt with that part of the wall that leads to the "5 Fingers" upstream from the Top of the triangle, distance already traveled by Ourlaz/Tosana in the Spring of '42; conclude at the Peak through the Northeast Corner. In reality, this is a climb outside of the Black Triangle, which forms, topographically speaking, a body in its own right, just beyond the East, not even belong to the Northwest of the same wall (the one that will be made ​​in October 2006 by the roped Marlier/Libera), but is the logical continuation vertically from the Summit of the North Wall, broken from that '"original Mammellone" that separates it from this, giving rise to the characteristic large couloir diagonally to over 400 meters form a large, but dangerous, funnel. This collects 90% of the discharges of stones and ice, including the summit frame, while the "Phantom Couloir" directly receives the remainder. To the wise ... Building on this success, the first back in the "neighborhood" to combine something new. After two failed attempts in the month of July, the first day of August, along with the good Mountain Guide of Parma (but then it was not yet Guide) Roberta Vittorangeli creates a direct route on the North Face of the Black Triangle. The start takes place right Sketches of the Via Bozzetti/Rosset '60 along a dihedral sulfur, visible from below, and always very athletic with steps ranging from IV° to VII° we arrive at the crossing of Via 1960, about two-thirds of the wall near a tiny snowfield, which disappears in the summer; leaving this to the right (West) and continue almost vertically with successive steps of 6a/IV°/VI° exits on rocks easier to III° on the Noth-northeast Edge and to the left of the "Cannon of Summit ". The leader must conclude camp out for the day after the climb along the same. The Route of 1960 came in at most steps of V°+ with one in Artificial (A1) of about twenty meters, but do not forget that climbed in boots and even the fact that "Angelino" was a Magician Climbing.
Then a period of time in which great things do not happen. A solo ascent of Osvaldo Cardellina of a long and unexplored Crest W-NW of Lago Gelato Points performed to June 1966, and not difficult, but challenging for the abundant snow still exists. And we get to 1998, the year in which you register three remarkable events: July Cardellina Christian makes the first repetition solitary of the Via Crétier/Binel 1927, after that of Gianni Pais Becher in July of '67, and the third absolute solitary wall after itself and that of Alberto Sciardi in the Central Couloir in June '85. Climb in line with the past, while his father Osvaldo, not to be outdone, August 9 rooms only Couloir West, just to the right of the Via Quendoz/Trevisan '70, and this new way is the search for something different from those of the past. At least most challenging and thrilling. The environment is even more wild and dangerous and the output takes place on the West Ridge, where the same now in 1974, had made to circumvent the "Jump Grey" coming from the South-southwest Buttress, along with Camillo Roberto Ferronato. In the midst of these two climbs an event more "quiet", but not least: July 19th is the opening of the Refuge Arbolle at the namesake lake. It will change the influx of climbers in this area has always been not too crossed and balance in the relationship people/mountain, making the arrival of the mass.
Still June 6th, 1999 a small hill with a virgin West Face of Mount Ròss of Comboé, triangle and between the two ridges now ran from the Hill Carrel Northwest and Southwest from Col Ross with relative crossing the Little Emilius, which would constitute a early variant of the West Ridge (since 2004 "Via Ferrata"). It was in this year is made by the Guides on "Order" Community Mount Emilius this "work" which, in our opinion only disfigures the mountain and is a source of danger and safety. Where in over a century had passed 12 a group of roped climbers, now we witness the passing crowds of climbers and no. More or less prepared and aware of the environment that must be faced. With good or bad weather. So much has everything under control. In safety. There is also the panneau with a lot of prescriptions and advice, but take it well distanced from all liability. I think that article is much more than half a century ago on "Tuttosport" signed by Emanuele Cassara: "The ax is not for everyone." In fact, it is already a disgrace ...

*******




Three other important events occurring in 2005/6 with the publication in March 2005 of the Guide "Emilius Rosa dei Banchi Parco del M.Avic" by Giulio Berutto (+ Turin 2005) and Lino Fornelli, Publishers joint C.A.I./T.C.I. in the Series "Guide to the Mountains of Italy". The same follows, after almost thirty years, the primitive opera "Guide of Monte Emilius" of Osvaldo Cardellina, Edited by him in collaboration with the Section of the C.A.I. Aosta in December 1978, the same, in turn, filled a void of eighty-two (just 82!) years from another publication, that he spoke in an organic and descriptive entire group. Supported by the late President of the Section Toni Ortelli, had also had a super vision by the same.
The work demonstrates a knowledge of the territory from the author of a good 50% with asensioni and personal tours of ridges and walls and more than 80% with the base paths, other issues arise from the same economic hardships, assisted only generous intervention of the President of the Section with the purchase of 800 copies printed on 3000. Hence the impossibility of going beyond a certain badget with renunciation, for example, the execution of sketches with relative tracking of existing routes. The single is one that represents the North Wall of Emilius, performed by Marco Surveyor Cossard, to whom we owe well as four small cards together.
The monumental work of Giovanni and Luigi Bobba Vaccarone Edited by the Section of Turin in May 1896, was divided into two volumes and covered the Alps from the Maritime Alps to Monte Rosa, the first was the same and the Cottian Alps, while the second is divided into two parts which concerned the Graian and Pennine. In Vol II, Part Two, we treated the "The Valleys of Aosta, Biella. Sesia and the Ossola" in Part One of the Authors had turned, following a criterion of description clockwise to the "Valli Lanzo and Canavese". And this is, in short, the "Guide of the Western Alps", the very foundation for any work beyond to come, including the prestigious "Necklace of Monti of Italy" in combination Edited by C.A.I./T.C.I. in 1934 and still today not completed at all. In this long space of time was still the C.A.I. that came to meet the climbers with its "Monthly Magazine", a true source of information and news relating to the mountains and mountaineering, other publications were occasional, if we do not consider the works foreign. The limit of this great work is precisely that of its size, or the "coverage" of an immense territory which is not found in most any other work, at least in Italy. In our opinion the knowledge of the places does not exceed 1% with ascents personal and should not be more than 5% with analyzes carried out from below, and the rest is derived from informations received or readings in existence, a few for the truth. Despite the above, we always refer to the Group of Emilius and around logically, if it is not detailed, certainly accurate.
Perhaps driven by these publications Ezio Marlier Mountain Guide of Cogne, but resident in Pollein, performs two beautiful business: the first in October 2006 with Rossano Libera climbing the Wall Northwest of the Black Triangle, and the second with a solo ascent on the unexplored area to the right of the West Couloir, in November next. The first will get a snapshot repetition by the strong Swiss-German couple Schäli Roger and Robert Jasper, that assess the way very hard, interesting and in a wild environment; fall called the "Via Ferrata".
The analyze calmly, connecting us to what is done in the "First Part" of this complex work the listing and evaluation of Routes:
(2) N Wall and W Arête (Right Route-"Spirito Libero" - "Free Spirit",new route): Ezio Marlier, solo; Nov 18/19th, 2006; diff. in level 720m (610+110m); (IV°, 4, M4); TD-/TD.
(13) *** North-NorthWest Face ("Senza Parole" – "Bocconi Amari", new route): Rossano Libera and Ezio Marlier; Oct 25/26th, 2006; first repetition Nov 06/07th, 2006; Roger Schàli (CH) and Robert Jasper (D); d. in lev. 400m; (V°/M7/WI6/); ED.

*******
Monte Emilius N Wall
Monte Emilius N Wall
As you can see, completely changes the way to classify and evaluate the difficulties overcome by inserting new and existing acronyms.
Let's start from the guide saying that, after the publication of the "Guide of Monte Emilius", 1978 were no longer publications on Mount Emilius, if not the odd article here and there, in magazines. Nothing completely organic and analytically. The publication of Berutto/Fornelli, to whom I worked from 1998 to 2005 as part cocerne entrusted to Lino Fornelli, has two aspects, one of which is very positive and another, unfortunately, negative. Start with the best part, that is, that this work is really a dream that could have seen the light. It covers a large area, which goes far beyond that of the previous guidance that came to a halt, as was incidentally in the intentions of the author, as Saint Marcel Hill and thus concerned only the Group of Emilius. This hand sweeps over an area much larger that transcends the boundaries of Valley of Aosta and describes large areas of the Southeast Graian Alps. Unfortunately the great expansion in research constitutes a limit to the same; factor even more emphasized by the death of one of the two authors, before it could be completed. In fact, the friend Giulio Berutto, known shortly before the Col Pontonnet will not be able to see his work, due to an illness. And this is very sad, because it makes it clear that Death dominates also the largest of the Passions. That day, Julius came from Mont Glacier with a friend. Without preamble we knew who we were, as we had always known. He and I. His departure makes it clear that some parts of his work had been suspended. Forever? Let's hope not. I am not to list all the positives of this work, for which I would not bet a penny on publication. The tenacity and enthusiasm of Lino Fornelli, who was not a twenty year old, however, has prevailed. And what are the infinitely grateful. Emilius poor, even for you now is the time to get out of semi anonymity, where not deserve to be placed. The negative part of the work? Surely the rush (I think it subsisted a serious risk of failure to publish) in having to edit resulting in a lack of a thorough reading of the draft. We show that there are several formal errors of dating, character names, etc... While some substantial, fortunately few in number, making it more difficult interpretation of the speech, including sketches. But there's a saying that who makes no mistakes makes nothing ...
From this moment all the work appeared in SP is a complete, review, correct, fully these three publications, with the advantage that, while a book can not be revised except by a subsequent edition, in these three cases unlikely or there to come in a very long space of time, these can be done in a timely manner in the present modus operandi". Which is not little, especially for climbers, providing a virtually indispensable support in the actuality and accuracy of information.
It is always said that who said that if he had not reported Whymper ascension to the Matterhorn, mountain climbing would never have seen the light.

Eravamo rimasti al 1985 con la salita solitaria di Alberto Sciardi nel Canale Centrale per effettuare la demarcazione tra il Quarantennio dopo la guerra e quella che definiamo New Age. Nel frattempo una salita di Carlo Lucianaz con partenza da Charvensod, lui stesso non si ricorda se nel 1985 o 1986 oppure 1987 segna ancora meglio questo trait d'union tra un "vecchio" Alpinismo ed una Nuova Età di imprese. Il nostro parte dal suo paese (700 metri circa), sale a Reverier ed alle Cascate di Ponteilles, continua al Morion sotto la Nord della "Becca", scala il Crestone NE per la Via Crétier 1926, attraversa i due Ghiacciai dell'Arpisson, continua per lo Spigolo N-NE dell'Emilius e scende per la Cresta Ovest-nordovest; poi torna tranquillamente a casa, ossia a Charvensod. Pienamente in linea con la filosofia del passato, di Questa e Mondini nel 1902, di "Dulo" Ourlaz con la moglie nel 1940 ma con percorso per metà a rovescio, con tutte le grandi ascensioni del passato. Eppure sarà proprio lui che insieme all'Himalaysta Abele Blanc (uno dei primi uomini al mondo a scalare tutti i 14 Ottomila e due volte l'Everest) ad aprire, sempre a nostro avviso, una nuova epoca con la prima invernale alla Parete Est, il primo di Gennaio 1989. Nasce la New Age.
Logicamente si tratta della New Age per l'Emilius, perché ciò che qui appar una novità, sui gruppi di montagne più famose é già passato da una decina di anni. Se basta. Affinata la tecnica ed esaurite le grandi vene disponibili, si va a curiosare nel piccolo operando adeguati transfert. Detto così potrebbe apparire diminutivo, ma sarebbe un grande errore, poiché qui non esistono pareti "semplici", non ci sono blocchi granitici, non esistono facili posizionamenti per chiodi o relative assicurazioni. Sono, almeno quelle della Nord e della Est, rustiche pareti tali da richiedere "polso" e per le quali é bene mettere in preventivo la giornata intera. Chiedere a chi l'ha fatte. D'Estate come d'Inverno.
Queste due ultime salite citate nello stesso tempo chiudono il discorso con il passato aprendone uno con il futuro. Infatti mentre con la traversata, chiamiamola così, della Testata Settentrionale dell'Emilius in pratica circumnavigando l'Alto Vallone dell'Arpisson, si ribadisce la validità dell'ascensioni del passato, con la prima invernale sulla Parete Est si apre a salite sempre più impegnative. Non che la prima invernale di Chéraz/Framarin, di fine '84, sulla Parete Nord Via Quendoz/Trevisan Settembre '70 sia da sottovalutare, ma questa risulta più omogenea nelle difficoltà mantenenti una continuità sul IV° per tutti i 500 metri della scalata; l'altra, pur nel severo ambiente del Versante Settentrionale su 650 metri circa di salita presenta difficoltà di questo tipo per poco più di 150 metri circa, offrendo però una quarantina di metri di difficoltà più elevata (V°/V°+). Insieme alla prima ripetizione della Bozzetti/Rosset Settembre del 60 sul Triangolo Nero del Luglio '83 dei tre "Cogneins", costituisce un'anticipazione di là a venire e vanno entrambe considerate, per il tempo di allora, un pochettino come due uova fatte fuor dal cesto. Nell'anno seguente abbiam la conferma delle lunga dissertazione precedentemente eseguita: nel Giugno la cordata della Guida di Valpelline Aldo Cambiolo insieme al giovane Pierluigi Sartore realizza la Via del "Couloir Fantasma". Una goulotte di circa 250 metri posta tra il Triangolo Nero ed il grosso "Mammellone" discendente dalla Nord fino a "spaccare" in due parti il piccolo Ghiacciaio dell' Arpisson. Trattasi d'una salita delicata e pericolosa, che viene dai due effettuata nelle ore notturne, allorché l'esile filo di ghiaccio indicante la linea di salita é maggiormente compatto e "sicuro". La scalata presenta pendenze fino ad 80° ed oltre, che vengono superate con la tecnica del piolet-traction; la stessa si conclude ad Est di un'aerea guglia all'inizio del "Mammellone" medesimo. Sopra viene affrontato quel tratto di parete che porta alle "5 Dita" a monte della Sommità del Triangolo, tratto già percorso da Ourlaz/Tosana nella Primavera del '42; concludono in Vetta tramite lo Spigolo Nordest. In realtà quest'é una scalata al di fuori dal Triangolo Nero, formante, topograficamente parlando, un corpo a se stante, appena più in là ad Est; non appartiene neppure alla Parete Nordovest del medesimo (quella che sarà realizzata nell'Ottobre 2006 dalla cordata Marlier/Libera), bensì costituisce la logica continuazione in verticale dalla Vetta della Parete Nord, spezzata da quell'"originale Mammellone" che da questa la separa, originando quel caratteristico canalone che in diagonale per oltre 400 metri forma un grande, quanto pericoloso, imbuto. Questo raccoglie il 90% delle scariche di pietre e ghiaccio, cornice sommitale compresa, mentre il "Couloir Fantasma" riceve direttamente il restante. A buon intenditor... Forte di questo successo, il primo torna nei "paraggi" per combinar qualcosa di nuovo. Dopo due tentativi andati a vuoto nel mese di Luglio, il primo giorno d'Agosto, insieme alla brava Guida di Parma (ma allora non era ancora Guida) Roberta Vittorangeli realizza una via diretta sulla Parete Nord del Triangolo Nero. L'inizio avviene a destra della Via Bozzetti/Rosset '60 lungo un diedro sulfureo, ben in vista da sotto, e con passaggi sempre molto atletici che vanno dal IV° fino al VII° si arriva ad incrociare la Via 1960 a circa due terzi della parete nei pressi d'un minuscolo nevaio, che d'estate sparisce; lasciando questa sulla destra (Ovest) si prosegue quasi verticalmente e con passaggi in successione di 6a/IV°/VI° si esce su rocce più facili di III° sullo Spigolo Nord-nordest ed a sinistra del "Cannone Sommitale". La cordata deve bivaccare per concludere il giorno dopo la salita lungo lo stesso. La Via del 1960 arrivava al massimo a passaggi di V°+ con uno in Artificiale (A1) di una ventina di metri; ma non dimentichiamoci che arrampicava in scarponi e neppur del fatto che "Angelino" era un Mago nell'arrampicata.
Poi un lasso di tempo nel quale non succede un granché. Una salita solitaria di Osvaldo Cardellina su d'una lunga ed inesplorata Cresta W-NW delle Punte del Lago Gelato effettuata a Giugno 1966; non difficile, ma impegnativa per l'abbondante neve ancor esistente. Ed arriviamo al 1998, anno nel quale si registrano tre eventi rimarchevoli: a Luglio Christian Cardellina effettua la prima ripetizione solitaria della Via Crétier/Binel 1927, dopo quella di Gianni Pais Becher del Luglio '67, e la terza solitaria assoluta della parete dopo la stessa e quella di Alberto Sciardi nel Canalone Centrale del Giugno '85. Salita in linea con il passato, mentre il padre Osvaldo, per non essere da meno, il 9 Agosto sale da solo il Canalone Ovest, subito a destra della Via Quendoz/Trevisan '70; e questa via nuova é la ricerca d'un qualcosa di diverso da quelle del passato. Almeno più stimolante e thrilling. L'ambiente é ancor più selvaggio e pericoloso e l'uscita avviene sulla Cresta Ovest, ove lo stesso in un ormai lontano 1974, aveva effettuato l'aggiramento del "Salto Grigio" provenendo Dal Contrafforte Sud-sudovest, insieme a Camillo Roberto Ferronato. In mezzo a queste due scalate un avvenimento più "tranquillo", ma non meno importante: il 19 Luglio avviene l'inaugurazione del Rifugio d'Arbolle presso l'omonimo lago. Cambierà l'afflusso di alpinisti in questa zona, da sempre non eccessivamente percorsa ed in equilibrio nel rapporto persone/montagna, apportando l'arrivo della massa.
Ancora il 6 di Giugno 1999 una piccola salita con l'ancor vergine Parete Ovest del Mont Ròss de Comboé, triangolare e compresa tra le due ormai percorse Creste Nordovest dal Colle Carrel e Sudovest dal Col Ròss con relativa traversata al Piccolo Emilius, tale da costituire una variante iniziale della Cresta Ovest (dal 2004 Via Ferrata). Proprio in questo anno viene realizzata dalle Guide su "ordinazione" della Comunità Monte Emilius quest'"opera" che, a nostro avviso solo deturpa la montagna e costituisce fonte di pericolo e non di sicurezza. Dove in oltre un secolo erano passate 12 cordate, ora assistiamo al passaggio di frotte di alpinisti e no. Più, o meno, preparati e consci dell'ambiente che vanno ad affrontare. Con bel o cattivo tempo. Tanto é tutto sotto controllo. In sicurezza. C'é anche il panneau con tanto di prescrizioni e consigli, che però prende bene le distanze da ogni responsabilità. Mi viene tanto in mente quell'articolo di oltre mezzo secolo fa su "Tuttosport" a firma di Emanuele Cassarà: "La piccozza non é per tutti". Difatti si é già registrata una disgrazia...
Altri tre avvenimenti importanti si verificano nel biennio 2005/6 con la pubblicazione a Marzo 2005 della Guida "Emilius Rosa dei Banchi Parco del M.Avic" ad opera di Giulio Berutto (+ Torino 2005) e Lino Fornelli, Editori congiunti C.A.I./T.C.I. nella Collana "Guida dei Monti d'Italia".

*******





La stessa segue, a distanza di quasi trenta anni, la primigenia opera "Guida del Monte Emilius" di Osvaldo Cardellina, Editata dallo stesso in collaborazione con la Sezione di Aosta del CAI nel Dicembre 1978; la stessa, a sua volta, colmava un vuoto di ottanta due (proprio 82!) anni da un'altra pubblicazione, che parlasse in modo organico e descrittivo dell'intero gruppo. Appoggiata dal compianto Presidente della Sezione Toni Ortelli, aveva avuto anche una super visione da parte dello stesso. Il lavoro dimostra una conoscenza del territorio da parte dell'Autore di un buon 50% con asensioni ed escursioni personali su creste e pareti e di oltre l'80% con percorsi alla base; le altre problematiche derivano dalle ristrettezze economiche dello stesso, coadiuvato solo dall'intervento generoso del Presidente della Sezione con l'acquisto di 800 copie sulle 3000 stampate. Ne deriva l'impossibilità di andare oltre un determinato badget con la rinuncia, ad esempio, all'esecuzione di schizzi con relativa tracciatura delle vie ersistenti. L'unico é quello che rappresenta la Parete Nord dell'Emilius, eseguito dal Geometra Marco Cossard, al quale si devono pure le quattro piccole carte di insieme.
Il monumentale lavoro di Giovanni Bobba e Luigi Vaccarone, Editato dalla Sezione di Torino nel Maggio 1896, era ripartito in due volumi e ricopriva l'arco alpino dalle Alpi Marittime fino al Monte Rosa; il primo trattava le medesime e le Alpi Cozie, mentre il secondo si sdoppiava in due parti che riguardavano le Alpi Graie e Pennine. Nel II Vol., Parte Seconda, si trattavano le "Le Valli di Aosta, di Biella. della Sesia e dell'Ossola"; nella Parte prima gli Autori si erano rivolti, seguendo quindi un criterio di descrizione in senso orario, alle "Valli di Lanzo e del Canavese". E questa é, in sintesi, la "Guida delle Alpi Occidentali", cardine fondamentale per ogni opera di là a venire, compresa la prestigiosa "Collana dei Monti d'Italia" Editata in connubio da CAI/TCI a partire dal 1934 ed ancora oggi non completata del tutto. In questo lungo spazio di tempo era ancora il CAI che veniva incontro agli alpinisti con la sua "Rivista Mensile", vera e propria fucina di informazioni e notizie concernenti la montagna e l'alpinismo; le altre erano pubblicazioni saltuarie, se non consideriamo le opere straniere. Il limite di questa grande opera é proprio quello della sua grandezza, ovvero la "copertura" di un territorio immenso che non si riscontra più in nessuna altra opera, almeno in Italia. A nostro avviso la conoscenza dei luoghi non supera l'1% con ascensioni personali e non va oltre il 5% con analisi effettuate dal basso; il resto deriva da informazioni ricevute o da letture in esistenza, poche per la verità. Ciononostante quanto descritto, ci riferiamo sempre al Gruppo dell'Emilius e dintorni logicamente, é se non minuzioso, sicuramente preciso.
Forse anche sospinto da queste due pubblicazioni Ezio Marlier Guida Alpina di Cogne, ma residente a Pollein, compie due belle imprese: la prima ad Ottobre 2006 con Rossano Libera salendo la Parete Nordovest del Triangolo Nero, e la seconda con una salita solitaria sull'ancora inesplorato settore a destra del Canale Ovest, nel Novembre successivo. La prima otterrà un'istantanea ripetizione da parte della forte coppia svizzero-tedesca Roger Schàli and Robert Jasper, che valuteranno la via come molto dura, interessante ed in ambiente selvaggio; rientreranno tramite la "Via Ferrata".
Le analizzeremo con calma, ricollegandoci a quanto effettuato nella "Parte Prima" di questo complesso lavoro nell'elencazione e valutazione delle Routes:
(2) N Wall and W Arête (Right Route-"Spirito Libero" - "Free Spirit",new route): Ezio Marlier, solo; Nov 18/19th, 2006; diff. in level 720m (610+110m); (IV°, 4, M4); TD-/TD.
(13) *** North-NorthWest Face ("Senza Parole" – "Bocconi Amari", new route): Rossano Libera and Ezio Marlier; Oct 25/26th, 2006; first repetition Nov 06/07th, 2006; Roger Schàli (CH) and Robert Jasper (D); d. in lev. 400m; (V°/M7/WI6/); ED.
Come si può osservare, cambia completamente il modo di classificare e valutare le difficoltà superate, inserendo sigle nuove ed attuali.
Incominciamo dalla guida dicendo che, dopo la pubblicazione della "Guida del Monte Emilius", 1978, non si trovavano più pubblicazioni sul Monte Emilius, se non qualche sporadico articolo, qua e là, sulle riviste. Niente di completamente ed analiticamente organico. La pubblicazione di Berutto/Fornelli, alla quale ho collaborato dal 1998 al 2005 per quanto cocerne la parte affidata a Lino Fornelli, presenta due aspetti, dei quali uno molto positivo ed un altro, purtroppo, negativo. Iniziamo dalla parte migliore, cioé che questa opera é davvero un sogno che possa avere visto la luce. Essa copre una vasta area, che va ben più in là di quella della precedente guida che si arrestava, come era daltronde nei propositi dell'autore, al Colle di Saint Marcel e riguardava quindi il solo Gruppo dell'Emilius. Questa invece spazia su di un'area ben più vasta che oltrepassa i confini della Valle d'Aosta e descrive ampie zone delle Alpi Graie del Sudest. Purtroppo la grande espansione nella ricerca costituisce un limite alla medesima; fattore ancora di più messo in risalto dalla morte di uno dei due autori, prima che questa potesse essere completata. Infatti l'amico Giulio Berutto, conosciuto poco tempo prima al Col Pontonnet, non riuscirà a vedere la sua opera, causa una malattia. E questo é molto triste, perché fa capire che la Morte sovrasta anche la più grande delle Passioni. Quel giorno Giulio arrivava dal Mont Glacier con un amico. Senza tanti preamboli abbiamo capito chi eravamo, quasi ci fossimo conosciuti da sempre. Lui ed io. La sua dipartita fa capire chiaramente che alcune parti del suo lavoro erano rimaste in sospeso. Per sempre? Speriamo di no. Non sto ad elencare tutte le positività di questo lavoro, per il quale non avrei scommesso un solo centesimo sulla pubblicazione. La tenacia e l'entusiasmo di Lino Fornelli, che non era un ventenne, ha però prevalso. E di ciò gli sono infinitamente grato. Povero Emilius, anche per te é giunta l'ora di uscire dal semi anonimato, dove non meritavi di restare collocato. La parte negativa dell'opera? Sicuramente la fretta (penso che sia sussistito il serio rischio della non pubblicazione) nel doverla editare con conseguente mancanza di una lettura approfondita delle bozze. Si evidenziano infatti diversi errori formali di datazione, nome dei personaggi ecc., mentre alcuni sostanziali, per fortuna in numero limitato, rendono più difficile l'interpretazione del discorso, schizzi compresi. Ma vale il detto che non commette errori chi nulla fa...


*******





Da questo momento tutti i lavori apparsi in SP vanno a completare, rivedere, correggere in modo completo queste tre pubblicazioni; con il vantaggio che, mentre un libro non può essere rivisitato se non con una successiva edizione, in questi tre casi alquanto improbabile o di là a venire in uno spazio di tempo alquanto lungo, queste possono essere segnalate in modo tempestivo nel presente modus operandi. Il che non é da poco, soprattutto per gli alpinisti, costituendo un supporto praticamente indispensabile nell'attualità e precisione d'informazione. E vale pur sempre quel detto affermante che se Whymper non avesse relazionato dell'ascensione al Cervino, l'alpinismo non avrebbe mai visto la luce.
 

Mountain Conditions

  • Meteo: you can find all the needed informations at the official site of the Valle d'Aosta Region:
  • Valle d'Aosta Meteo

Books and Maps

  • "Guida del Monte Emilius", di Osvaldo Cardellina Editore in collaborazione con il Club Alpino Italiano Sezione di Aosta, Dicembre 1978.
  • "Guida dei Monti d'Italia – Emilius Rosa dei Banchi Parco del Mont Avic" di Giulio Berutto e Lino Fornelli - Club Alpino Italiano/Touring Club Italiano, Marzo 2005.
  • "Guida delle Alpi Occidentali" di Giovanni Bobba e Luigi Vaccarone C.A.I. Sezione di Torino Volume II (parte II), 25 Maggio 1896.
  • "80 itinerari di Escursionismo Alpinismo e Sci Alpinismo in Valle d'Aosta", di Osvaldo Cardellina, Ed. Musumeci, Giugno 1977 (in Italian); seconda Ed. Luglio 1981; terza Ed. Luglio 1984; (in French), prima Ed. Febbraio 1978; seconda Ed. Marzo 1980.
  • "Diari Alpinistici" di Osvaldo Cardellina e Indice Generale accompagnato da Schedario Relazioni Ascensioni 1964-2019 (inediti).
  • Kompass "Gran Paradiso Valle d'Aosta Sentieri e Rifugi" Carta turistica 1:50.000.
  • L'Escursionista "Conca di Aosta-Pila-Monte Emilius" Carta dei sentieri (n° 4) 1:25.000.
  • Hapax "Les Sentiers Comunità Montana Monte Emilius", Luglio 2000 1:25.000.
  • Enrico Editore Ivrea-Aosta "Gruppo del Gran Paradiso" 1:50.000.
  • I.G.C. Istituto Geografico Centrale, Torino "Carta delle Passeggiate ed Escursioni in V.D.A. Conca di Pila-Gressan, 1:20.000.

External Links

Useful numbers

  • Protezione Civile Valdostana località Aeroporto n° 7/A Saint Christophe (Ao) Tel. 0165-238222.
  • Bollettino Valanghe Tel. 0165-776300.
  • Bollettino Meteo Tel. 0165-44113.
  • Unità Operativa di Soccorso Sanitario Tel. 118.