A Good Trick Comments

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Inday

Inday - Jan 12, 2012 10:49 am - Voted 10/10

Oh sleep, you sheepish muse

Loved the story! It is crazy how being tired plays tricks with your mind... I was driving overnight with a friend to Mt Washington, and I realized during my 5th hour of driving, at around 4:30 am, that I had been hallucinating for some time. Thankfully it was imagining things and people on the side of the road and nothing that actually affected my driving, but then again, if I was tired enough to hallucinate... That's when I hit my friend on the shoulder and told him to take a turn behind the wheel!

boyblue

boyblue - Jan 12, 2012 7:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Oh sleep, you sheepish muse

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the story! I was worried it might put most readers to sleep. :-)

mrchad9

mrchad9 - Jan 12, 2012 11:17 am - Voted 10/10

Great story!

Great read there boyblue. I hope to duplicate this same itinerary this summer... hopefully on much more sleep and rest!

boyblue

boyblue - Jan 12, 2012 7:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great story!

Thanks, mrchad. I hope you won't end up like me: Waving my arms in the air and yelling angrily at a piece of granite. :-)

ExcitableBoy

ExcitableBoy - Jan 15, 2012 4:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Mt Goode

I opened this TR because I thought the photo was of the NF Mt Goode in the North Cascades, looks fairly similar. I wonder if the one in the Cascades was named after this one?

boyblue

boyblue - Jan 16, 2012 12:17 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Mt Goode

Yes, indeed. Both peaks were named after Richard Urquart Goode of the USGS.

myles

myles - Jan 19, 2012 4:12 pm - Voted 10/10

Great stuff

Classic head games in the mountains. Felt like I was there.

boyblue

boyblue - Jan 19, 2012 7:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great stuff

Yeah, nothing like physical and mental exhaustion with a bit of hypoxia thrown in to create some weird alternate realities, huh? (Psst... don't tell the Feds... I'm sure they'll make it illegal.) Thanks for reading and commenting, myles!

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'A Good Trick' main page