"A" Peak from Vimy Ridge

"A" Peak from Vimy Ridge. This is the second highest peak in the Cabinet Mountain Range.
Jakester
on Jun 28, 2007 5:40 pm
Image Type(s): Scenery
Image ID: 305981

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
drv8535

drv8535 - Jul 27, 2022 12:05 pm - Voted 10/10

All the questions

Hello, I think I can roughly approximate where this is on Vimy Ridge looking at google earth, but: how did you gain the ridge? Did you approach from the west on Snowshoe Lake, or from the east by Granite Lake? Also, did you then follow this ridge to A Peak? If so, does this ridge have any class 5 (technical gear) sections? Any details are greatly appreciated - this route looks amazing!

Jakester

Jakester - Jul 29, 2022 10:05 am - Hasn't voted

Re: All the questions

When I summited A Peak it was from the Snowshoe Lake side. We backtracked from our campsite at the lake to the big headwall just west of the peak. We then scrambled up to the Vimy Ridge from there and made our way to the summit. The way we went did not require technical gear but it was tricky.

This particular picture of our campsite on Vimy Ridge was from a different trip when we went to Double Lakes and camped on the ridge on our way out. I don't know if this campsite can be directly linked to the summit without technical gear or without losing a lot of elevation first. It could be possible but I couldn't say.

drv8535

drv8535 - Aug 2, 2022 1:47 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: All the questions

Perfect, thank you soooo much!

Jakester

Jakester - Aug 2, 2022 9:15 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: All the questions

https://www.summitpost.org/-a-peak-route/307585/c-307353

This link here shows the basic route we took when we summited. We didn't even touch Vimy Ridge (unless you count the final spine to the summit part of the ridge).

Viewing: 1-4 of 4