Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Lupino

Lupino - Mar 18, 2007 8:48 am - Voted 10/10

You say:

..."I rarely see mountains covered with snow and ice unless it ...Yes - I do have my prejudices".

1st Lesson (after the last experience): no prejudices!
Anyway, I have prejudices too :-))
Ciao
P.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Mar 18, 2007 1:24 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: You say:

In fact I still have my prejudices - but the fine days made me see what I have been missing all these years. Even one week afterwards I'm still amazed...

mvs

mvs - Mar 18, 2007 9:48 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice!

I was there yesterday, and though a bit stiff and sore, your pictures make me want to go back for Höfats. Thanks for the great report!

Big Benn

Big Benn - Mar 19, 2007 9:05 am - Voted 10/10

Great

What a great report Gangolf. And it covers the sort of activity I can just about stretch to in winter in Bavaria, (only the easier bits I hasten to add). I'll be reading and re-reading this report with my maps open as next winter approaches!

Mathias Zehring

Mathias Zehring - Mar 19, 2007 11:05 pm - Hasn't voted

snowshoeing?

If you want to do hikes and climbs in winter time and if you don't want to learn skiing - snow shoes are the best alternative. Just the weekend you described I have been at Schwarzenberg hut near Grosser Daumen with a group of snow shoers (and many skiers from Illertissen for an ascent race) - and they had lots of fun climbing Grosser and Kleiner Dauemen with snow shoes. But anyway - great pictures at your nice report!

bob adams

bob adams - Mar 20, 2007 10:44 pm - Voted 9/10

Gorgeous

Very nice trip report and photographs. Camera and lens?

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Mar 22, 2007 11:07 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice!

Problem is: I rarely ever post stuff from Germany. You need to change your travel plans to Italy or Spain :-)

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'A Winter Wonderland' main page