Adirondacks Comments

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
gjagiels

gjagiels - Feb 20, 2006 3:25 am - Hasn't voted

Adirondacks - From Wikipedia?

I don't know if this is considered plagiarism or not but it is copied almost entirely from Wikipedia.org found here. At least give Wikipedia some credit or say it's from them. I do have the High Peaks Region 13th edition guide book from the Adirondack Mountain Club and this information is not in it. I don't have any other books from the ADK Mountain Club, so I don't know where this information originated. Just FYI, corespond is spelt correspond. The Adirondacks are probably the second most popular group of mountains on summitpost for the east, after the southern Appalachians. This is summitpost and I realize much of the information is taken off the net. I just don't like the fact this page was copied word for word and I think the Adirondacks deserve their own write up.

Rob A

Rob A - Feb 20, 2006 7:12 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Adirondacks - From Wikipedia?

Yes, it is from wiki. I am really swamped with school work right now and did not want scuh an important are to be left blank until I could do a good job on it. (2 - 3 weeks) My intentions were (and still are) to write up my own page and ask the elves to delete what ever votes had been made up to that point. I was hopeing that noone would notice untill I was ready. I will note what ever source I have used when I get home tonight.
Later, Rob

nartreb

nartreb - Feb 26, 2006 10:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Adirondacks - From Wikipedia?

It's not only plagiarism, it's a copyright violation (unless you give attribution to Wikipedia AND prominently post that you're releasing this article under the Gnu Free Documentation License, and give a link to the license terms). Best to take it down until you write your own page.

You can leave a link to Wikipedia on this page if you don't want it totally blank.

Rob A

Rob A - Feb 27, 2006 1:33 am - Voted 10/10

Ok

I think I will go with nartrebs idea.

hgrapid

hgrapid - Jul 3, 2006 3:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Incomplete?

This page seems incomplete. Sections are left without any text. Shouldn't you note that the page is still under construction?

WalksWithBlackflies

WalksWithBlackflies - Jul 11, 2006 1:38 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Incomplete?

I made changes to clarify that the page is under construction.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Adirondacks' main page