Thanks for your comment.
1) I am expert with maps, compass, GPS and route finding. There are no route markers in the area above tree-line.
2) There is no safe place place to camp above the col, 3200m (10,500ft) between Klyuchevskaya and Kamen, because of rockfall.
3) Several climbers have been killed by rockfalls.
4) I've heard of knee-deep ash near the summit, but I didn't encounter it.
5) GPS is essential for all self-guided mountaineering.
6) Crevasses are not too bad on the NW side of the col, but are worse on the SE side. At the col, we found no crevasses.
7) Most people said we didn't need a permit, so we didn't get one. No one asked to see it.
8) Each person: 90-day visas: $500; flights from Canada: $2000; spent in Kamchatka in two months: $1500 (we camped most of the time)
Thanks a lot for precious informations and kind advices. You are really expert in wild life.
Have you used Bear Electric Fence while travelling Klyuchevskaya areas? Can you let me know the more informations of that? weight, model...etc...We also are going to enjoy camping travel.^^
and, do you have the Chief volcanologist Yuri Demyanchuk's contact information?
thank you very much, happy day~~~
1) We used the fence at our 1100m camp, then cached it. We got the model BEF - Bear Shock Ultra Lightweight Fence (6000V, 0.04 joules).
2) Yuri Demyanchuk and Mariya: http://www.dom-vulkanolog.ru/contacts.html
(They speak Russian only)
Thank you very much. Bear fence test in YouTube was very interesting. I'll get it. thanks~~