Viewing: 1-6 of 6
spence

spence - Jun 6, 2010 8:15 pm - Voted 10/10

Summit register

Was the summit register still there?

hgrapid

hgrapid - Jun 6, 2010 10:18 pm - Hasn't voted

Nope

I couldn't find a summit register on either of the three summits. By the way, are those your photos on PanoPortal that I linked to at the bottom of the page?

spence

spence - Jun 7, 2010 2:41 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Nope

Too bad the old register is not there. It dated back to 1962 and was placed by Alvin McLane. McLane spent his entire adult life exploring Nevada. He passed in 2006. That register is one of the oldest I seen in the Tahoe area.

Yes, I took those panoramas. I'll add them to the page.

hgrapid

hgrapid - Jun 7, 2010 11:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Thanks...

Thanks. Were my routes accurate? When you climbed it, did you have to basically find your way through the woods? It is quite tricky to get up to. It took me two tries; my first try was May 29th, and that failed. I got it right the second time, on June 5th.

spence

spence - Jun 8, 2010 4:21 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Thanks...

Your route descriptions look good. I ascended the east ridge and descended east gully. I remember the hike up being through the forest and very brushy near the top. I had big plans to do a AWP-Snowflower-Church-Rose-Chocolate Peak loop, but the brush from AWP to Snowflower Mtn was discouraging, plus I had previously visited the other summits. The ridge from Church Peak to Snowflower Mnt is a very pleasant walk with great views into the deepest parts of the Mt Rose Wilderness.

hgrapid

hgrapid - Jun 9, 2010 11:44 am - Hasn't voted

Summit log?

Hey,

Maybe you should sign the summit log, since you have been up there. BTW, a group of us are hiking Hawkins-Pickett on the 27 of June if you are interested.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Alpine Walk Peak' main page