Alto del Puerto Normal

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.97886°N / 3.84813°W
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: F
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The base of the climb is Puerto de Navafría (1.773 m) so the route is somehow short. It can be completed by climbing Alto del Parrinoso (2.174 m) and Peñacabra (2.164 m), see Nevero in early spring. Or perhaps ascending less important heights as Los Pelados (2.105 m), Negro (2.087 m), Regajo Hondo (2.078 m), Cerro Malo (2.076 m) and Pelado (2.057 m).

Getting There

See Getting There here.

Route Description

Once on the forest trail that can be used as parking, traverse the road W wards, get into the pinewood and take PR 32 along the fire-lane. There is a wire fence to the left but the trail is wide and clear. Reach a less steep section (30 min) where there are few pines, continue on the firebreak and take a zigzag path on Alto del Puerto SE ridge. Leave Alto del Puerto (2.164 m) to the left (1h 05 min) and continue to the Col 2.155 m (1h 15 min). Ascend the easy and broad final section to the top of Nevero (1h 30 min). Descent can be done on the same trail as ascent. Total Time: 2h 45 min.

Note: there are some ruin walls dated from the Spanish Civil War, they can be found near the summits of Alto del Puerto and Nevero.

Essential Gear

In winter and early spring there are some cornices on the SE ridge of Alto del Puerto so be careful. Crampons can be necessary on some winter days. As well take warm clothes with you, anti-blizzard mask, map and compass.

External Links

El pico del Nevero.

PICO DEL NEVERO (2209 m) VÍA NORMAL.

Pico del Nevero (2.209 m.)

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

NeveroRoutes