Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 39.57341°N / 4.14828°W
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 4528 ft / 1380 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

AmorAmor
Summit of Riscos del AmorRiscos del Amor

This is the most important peak of the Sierra del Castañar which is part of the Montes de Toledo, though curiously it’s generally frequented by seekers of provincial highpoint, to be its western summit, called the Riscos del Amor (1,344 m), the most highest peak in the province of Ciudad Real, because the border passes near this bound, although the summit of Pico Amor remains entirely in Toledo.

The mountain has a reputation deserved to have a difficult access due to private hunting and private estates that surround it, so any review may become obsolete by changing circumstances surrounding the mountain, for better or for worse. The closest example of adapting Cabañeros Park should give ideas to the authorities, but as always there are many competing interests.

The information I can give is that in 2012 the fence hunting preserve of obstacles and can provide input and try not recommended from November to February, when they could be hunting. The entry N.W. across the track of the Ventas de Peña Aguilera, leading to Peralosa houses, particularly farm which is also not easy to find, in the maze of streets and roads out of this town, it can come across tracks that require off-road use, in addition to having to jump the fence of the preserve, which could be illegal. Access N. of Convento del Castañar conducts by a private road off-limits, with security alarm warning, so it can not be perform. At the end of access is the least bad by the S. side, entering the Gameras.

Getting There

Signal to GamerasSignal in road
Entry to Finca de las GamerasLas Gameras
To reach Finca de las Gameras: yo enter to the Gameras track in the CM-4017 about 39 km from El Molinillo and Yébenes, although it should be noted that the particular road signs and no trespassing vehicles displayed at the entrance to the estate (finca), failing to reach the houses as before, requiring an accuracy of 2 km walk. At least for now can be reached by the track here, but after recent rains I advice you against a vehicle without 4x4. Querying the Police have no record about prohibitions, and the farm also got hit us, as many climbers from all over Spain come to this place to go on top provincial, although the doors of the fields could be locked if no one is working.


See bigger map

Red Tape

You can read the information above because all the peak is a "Red Tape".

Camping

Camping
Mirador de Cabañeros, Horcajo de los Montes (Ciudad Real)

Hotels
A lot of hotels in the important city of Toledo.

External Links

Mendikat.net

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Spain's HighpointsMountains & Rocks