Ankogel Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-16 of 16

houdi - May 18, 2014 1:27 pm

1 day trip  Sucess!

first mountain of the trip to hohe tauern. We did it in one day from/to kolnbrein dam.

Kundrt - May 19, 2013 1:46 pm Date Climbed: Oct 8, 2012

Ankogel from Hannoverhaus  Sucess!

Bad Gastein->Ankogel->Malnitz

Ascent with little bit of first snow. Really nice view of Hochalmspitze.

cezartr

cezartr - Mar 14, 2013 2:06 pm Date Climbed: Jul 18, 2012

1 day trip  Sucess!

1 day trip Mallnitz - Ankogel -Mallnitz, perfect weather, long but very nice. Moderate wind around the summit. The steepest part with snow and mud. The view was great. Berg Heil!

davidbolt

davidbolt - Feb 26, 2013 9:50 am Date Climbed: Aug 29, 2012

Route from Bad Gastein  Sucess!

Beautiful walk up the Anlauftal from Bad Gastein on the first day of a Hut tour. Stayed with the girls at the Hanoverhaus, Great hutte though very damp. The new one, under construction should be comfy. Great Photos at sunset. Only realised I was at the top recognising the cross from photos here. Because of forecast snow changed plans at the top came down to Malnitz looping through Seebachtal. Train to Bad gastein for a night in the Krone Hotel (great value) and a day in the Spa. If it was not the first day in the Alps I reckon I may have made it to the top and down to the hutte in a day.

yfcz - Feb 12, 2011 1:59 pm Date Climbed: Oct 13, 2010

From Hannoverhaus  Sucess!

I've reached Ankogel at the evening from Hannoverhaus where I've came from Osnabrücker Hütte during my 10-days trip in Hohe Tauern.

Weather was sunny, it was very wide view.

EricChu

EricChu - Dec 18, 2009 7:00 am Date Climbed: Aug 18, 2011

Ankogel, 6 times: 1991, 1992, 1997, 2002, 2008 and 2011.  Sucess!

As you can see, this mountain is already a friend of mine...It's the one Dreitausender that you can get to from the city of Salzburg and back in one day. I admit to always having used the Ankogelbahnen, one of the reasons being to save time and the other reason being that, what with all the technical construction as far as the Bergstation, I just never considered it as being all too rewarding to start from all the way down in the Seebach valley. One needs to have a good security of step for this mountain, especially for the part between Kleiner and Grosser Ankogel, but there are no serious problems to be tackled. Two times I stayed up on the summit until sunset, which was glorious! I think it's on the 30th of September in 1992 that I had the most top weather - the view over the whole northern half of Austria on one side and to the carinthian mountains, the dolomites and the Julian Alps on the other was like sparkling champagne on that day!

Piku

Piku - Sep 17, 2008 4:12 am Date Climbed: Aug 10, 2008

Ankogel  Sucess!

Climbed from Hannoverhaus on normal route.
Clear and bright weather but more snow than usually in August.
Wonderful view with lots of photo taken.
Nice but not so easy climb. Perfect Day.

dalton1

dalton1 - Aug 24, 2008 4:23 pm Date Climbed: Aug 12, 2008

From Hannoverhaus  Sucess!

We reached Hannoverhaus with Ankogelbahn. Easy route, the last meters on the ridge is a bit narrow, I+.
Fog everywhere, no view.

flow

flow - Aug 26, 2007 9:30 am Date Climbed: Aug 25, 2007

Ankogel  Sucess!

On 24th from Mallnitz to Hannoverhaus 2.719m, on 25th from Hannoverhaus to Ankogel 3.246m and down to Mallnitz via Luggetörl, 2.380.

Sene

Sene - Aug 7, 2007 3:04 pm Date Climbed: Jul 23, 2007

from Osnabrücker Hütte  Sucess!

I climbed with Blaze334. The weather was bad: foggy and hard wind especially on the ridge.

Herb

Herb - Oct 25, 2005 9:14 am

Route Climbed: Normal route from Hannoverhaus Date Climbed: 6. September 2003  Sucess!

Unfortunately no view due to bad weather, finally during the descent it started to rain... :(

rufus

rufus - Aug 2, 2005 5:20 pm

Route Climbed: Normal Date Climbed: 31 July 2005  Sucess!

Well, on the 3rd day of our trip from Mallnitz (starting in 29 degrees centigrade) to Hagener H.-V.Geiselkopf-Mindener H-Hannoverhaus (110-135-502) I wouldn't say it was (physically) very easy, but without any problems. With some fog and a light drizzle early morning, afterwards turned into a nice weather, only some healthy wind around the summit.

dedo

dedo - Aug 2, 2004 10:20 am

Route Climbed: from the Osnabrücker hut Date Climbed: 1st August 2004  Sucess!

Bad weather and no view, but the conditions were great - no ice, just some not too deep snow on the glacier. An easy, funny ridge leads to the top.

DoJo

DoJo - Jul 15, 2004 5:54 pm

Route Climbed: Hannover Hut - kl. Ankogel - Ankogel Date Climbed: 03 Jul 2004  Sucess!

bad weather, a lot of snow - met some guys that skied down to Osnabrücker Hut

wuedesau

wuedesau - Feb 24, 2004 8:16 am

Route Climbed: by cable car to the Hannoverhaus and with skies to the top Date Climbed: 01 June 2000  Sucess!

Great powder from Radeckscharte downwards to Radeckalm. Skiing was possible till the railway station at Boeckstein.

Mathias Zehring

Mathias Zehring - Oct 27, 2003 5:22 pm

Route Climbed: traverse from Osnabruecker hut to Hannover House Date Climbed: July 27th 1988  Sucess!

it was a nice, easy and lonely trip over the Kleinelend glacier. Ankogel can be climbed easily from the Mallnitz side and without requiring glacier gear, so almost nobody does tris trip. I don't think this has changed but probably the conditions of that glacier will have changed in the meantime

Viewing: 1-16 of 16
Return to 'Ankogel' main page