Aritxulegi

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.28520°N / 1.77841°W
Additional Information Route Type: Rock Climb Easy
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: P.D.inf.
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 4
Additional Information Grade: II
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

This is the classical route of SW face.
Trailhead: col of Aritxulegi (450m), after the tunnel in the road between Oiartzun and Lesaka.

Route Description

Just over the road the path begin over the tunnel. It's a little path among grassy hills to get the terraces with fences. Under the bottom of Erroilbide we'll turn directly to this peak (right-west). Just in the bottom we'll turn to get a little path to north side (left) bordering the peak to get the grassy channel (hard slope), and the easy rock-climb (I, grade F.) to reach a col near of the fisrt summit, the Erroilbide (836m).
After a descent of a wall of rock (I+) we'll reach the most complicated section of all the route, it's the access to Txurrumurru. The south side (our access in this moment) is grade II for 20 meters with good rock, it's impressive but not difficult. The first section (II) had a metallic anchorage ("anilla") and the second section is a wide chimney (II). The final section is the easiest (I, F). In the summit of Txurrumurru (826m) the descent is easy across the north side (I). In the little col the access is a simple walk-up to the last peak, Irumugarrieta (810m).
Generally, if you don't have 2 cars, you must descent to Elurretxe (north) and take the little path under the peaks in south direction (under the east face of peaks) to return to Aritxulegi across the GR with paint white and red.

Essential Gear

Rope?, not generally, only for beginners or in days with rain or fog (wet rock).

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.