Arrow Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-20 of 22
12
YEM

YEM - Jul 27, 2020 12:54 pm Date Climbed: Jul 21, 2020

From Bench Lake  Sucess!

It's a long way to get here, but SO worth the effort. Bench Lake is divine and the cross country route is easy and occasionally marked with cairns. I have to agree that the saddle closest to the summit is to be avoided. I took the Arrow Pass route on the way up and the route was much more enjoyable than my descent. Both routes begin with the same access gully on the lower NE side of the mountain. The summit views are supreme, completely surrounding you with amazing scenery.

wmolland

wmolland - Aug 19, 2019 8:31 pm Date Climbed: Aug 11, 2019

From Bench Lake  Sucess!

A nice cruise up from Bench Lake. Spectacular area!

Romain

Romain - Jul 10, 2019 11:11 am Date Climbed: Jul 6, 2019

SE Slope to SW ridge  Sucess!

Fifth peak on a 7 day trip between Sawmill and Taboose Passes. If you aim for a prominent finger of rock on the SW ridge instead of going directly for the NE summit, you will be rewarded with a fun bit of class 3 traversing along the SW ridge. Beautiful peak. Trip report

Deb

Deb - Aug 16, 2015 6:00 pm Date Climbed: Aug 15, 2015

SE Sope and Smoke  Sucess!

Keeping the slope as Class 3 as possible...HATE sand and scree. Fun scramble with some Class 5 moves here and there. Incredible views despite the smoke from Willow Fire.

Daria

Daria - Feb 20, 2015 3:26 pm Date Climbed: Feb 15, 2015

Winter Ascent  Sucess!

Crazy 34 hour nonstop push from camp to summit and back to camp at Taboose Pass for a winter ascent and successful summit of Arrow Peak via the NE ridge. 42 hour push without sleep to get back to the trailhead/car.

calipidder

calipidder - Aug 16, 2011 10:32 pm Date Climbed: Aug 8, 2011

Class 2 route from Arrow Pass  Sucess!

Camped at Bench Lake. Insane mosquitoes between Bench and Arrow Pass. All clear and free from the Pass to the summit. Lovely day to spend on a sierra peak. What a view - won't forget this one.

GigaMike

GigaMike - Aug 15, 2011 6:37 pm Date Climbed: Aug 13, 2011

NE Ridge  Sucess!

Did a dayhike from Taboose TH with Richard P and Bob P. The NE Ridge is fun with good exposure. Long 18.5 hrs.

Princess Buttercup

Princess Buttercup - Sep 10, 2010 9:26 pm Date Climbed: Sep 5, 2010

NE Ridge  Sucess!

What a fun ridge, would definitely do it again, maybe in winter? Worth the huff and puff and Sean yelling down, "Laura, I think you want to be over THERE..." Thanks, guys! Afterwards, Tom and I headed over to Pyramid Peak.

bechtt

bechtt - Sep 7, 2010 8:12 am Date Climbed: Sep 5, 2010

NE Ridge  Sucess!

Repeat of 2 years ago but with Laura and Sean this time. Then off to Pyramid.

seano

seano - Sep 5, 2010 7:37 pm Date Climbed: Sep 5, 2010

NE ridge from Bench Lake  Sucess!

Fun ridge, despite not being that hard. Amazing views of the Palisades to the north and the rest of the Sierra to the south. Trip report

mrchad9

mrchad9 - Jun 13, 2010 7:27 pm Date Climbed: Aug 11, 2008

Taboose Pass  Sucess!

Up the southeast slope from Bench Lake, after spending 3 nights in from Taboose Pass. Very scenic summit, then over to Pyramid in the afternoon for a very long day and back at Bench Lake in the evening. Perfect CA weather each day, bagging Striped, Goodale, Cardinal, Wynne, Pinchot, Arrow, and Pyramid during the trip. Hiked out the next day.

Langenbacher

Langenbacher - Sep 16, 2009 3:42 am Date Climbed: Sep 6, 2009

Southeast Slope  Sucess!

Taboose Pass, Bench Lake, Arrow pass.

The puzzle was how to get up to Arrow Pass. Climbing up the solid slabs of the east peaklette and contouring to the pass on the east was much easier than our descent straight down from the pass to the lake below.

As usual, the final ascent was much easier than it appeared from a distance. Fantastic view from the summit!

lakenyon - Jul 7, 2009 3:55 am Date Climbed: Sep 20, 2008

SE Slope  Sucess!

On a solo backpacking trip from Sawmill Pass.

bechtt

bechtt - Jun 16, 2008 3:56 pm Date Climbed: Jun 15, 2008

NE Ridge ascent / SE slopes descent  Sucess!

Day 2 of a tough weekend with Taboose Pass and Cardinal Mtn on Day 1 and Arrow Pk and exit on Day 2. Good exposure but easy Class 3 on the ridge with a heavy cornice on the last 400' section. Great views and perfect day. SE slopes to the first chute -- fortunate to find a rock band to descend as the cornice on the chute was 10-20' high. Pictures

Bob Burd

Bob Burd - May 27, 2008 7:38 pm Date Climbed: May 22, 2008

SE Slopes  Sucess!

Long, 18.5hr dayhike from Roads End. Not the easiest way to get to Arrow Peak. Lots of snow in the higher elevations, found tedious boulders but no sand on the SE Slopes. Trip Report

Elwood

Elwood - Sep 17, 2007 2:24 pm Date Climbed: Sep 12, 2007

Up the N.E. Ridge, & down the S.E. Slope  Sucess!

Wow! Tough hike in over Taboose Pass. We camped at the 3rd stream crossing, at 9,100ft. There was a spot at each stream crossing, & two more sites above 9,100ft. We made our basecamp at Bench Lake, beautiful spot! Then I climbed the N.E. Ridge, excellent route! This was the finest view I've had from any of my Sierra summits! Enjoyed the small summit for a 1/2 hr. or so, then preceeded down the S.E. Slope. We packed-up & headed over Taboose Pass, where we were finally stopped at around 10,000ft. by fatigue & darkness at 9:00pm. It was a great 4-day trip, into one of the finest areas the Sierra has to offer! After doing this, I don't see how someone can make this in a single day, it seems impossible!

Matthew Holliman

Matthew Holliman - Dec 1, 2006 4:58 am Date Climbed: Aug 27, 2006

Dayhike from Taboose Pass TH  Sucess!

Long dayhike out of the Taboose Pass TH, climbing the NE Ridge and descending the SE Slopes. The NE Ridge was a little disappointing, as the class 3 was very easy, contrived in places as there were many easy exits to the left if needed, and there was little real exposure. Still, at least I didn't ascend the SE Slopes--much sand there. Descended a chute from the first notch south of Arrow Peak, rather than continuing on to Arrow Pass as recommended by Secor. This was steep and loose, but no more than class 2. Saw only a couple of guys way off in the distance, in the valley south of Bench Lake, during the whole day.

tb00957 - Jun 21, 2006 11:59 pm Date Climbed: Sep 3, 2005

NE ridge  Sucess!

fantastic class 3 ridge. highly recommended.

ExploreABitMore

ExploreABitMore - Jul 5, 2005 11:58 pm

Route Climbed: SE Slopes Date Climbed: 07/03/05  Sucess!

This is a fabulous peak in so many ways. Remote, beautiful and some of the best summit views around. We hiked to it from our camp, which was about a mile over and away from Taboose Pass. Made for a long haul, but well worth it. Must go back for the NE spur route some time.

RSN473

RSN473 - Mar 1, 2005 4:51 pm

Route Climbed: NE Spur Date Climbed: July 5, 2002  Sucess!

If you like sustained cl. 3 climbing, this route is for you! There is something like 2,700 ft+ of climbing. "Yeee Dawgies uncle Jed!"

Viewing: 1-20 of 22
12
Return to 'Arrow Peak' main page