As the crow flies, 5.8

As the crow flies, 5.8

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 32.82854°N / 117.0528°W
Additional Information Route Type: Sport Climbing
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.8
Sign the Climber's Log

As the crow flies

An easy (for the grade) sport lead. Work your way up the 4th class ledges on the right. This gets you off of the main trail and the dirt up onto some cleaner rock that is better to lay you gear out on.

Start up a friction face on the left with two bolts, follow the bolts up to a ledge at the top of the face. Move right around the corner to clip the third bolt, then a safe cruxy move right, the bolt is still over your head. Work your way right up a flake with extremely good hands. Then left toward the 4th bolt. Very positive hands on top of a big flake all the way to the 4th bolt. At the top head left toward a small ledge that you can stand on to reach the top. An easy mantle up to a very good belay ledge with rap rings.
As the crow flies, 5.8Kay following on "As the crow flies". Looking down from the big ledge with rap rings at the top. The 4th and last bolt is on the right of the photo.

Turkey Chute, 5.6This is a photo of Turkey chute, just to the right of As the crow flies. You can see the top of, As the crow flies in the top left of this photo. The rap rings from As the crow flies are used for both routes







Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.