Atomic Anteater

Atomic Anteater

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 24.89407°N / 55.93122°E
Additional Information Route Type: Sport Climbing
Seasons Season: Spring, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.10d (YDS)
Additional Information Number of Pitches: 1
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Atomic Anteater is a 12m sport route with a challenging overhanging start. The remainder of the route is sustained and just past vertical, giving an awesome arm pump.

Getting There

Atomic Anteater is on "The Fridge" (a large rectangular rock with an airy undercut). From the main parking area the "Fridge" is located in the center of the crag in the "Main Area". Approaching the "Fridge" you will find this route on the right-side front corner.

Route Description

Start with an aggressive overhanging move. With a dino move you move quickly past this early crux to the thirdbolt. I find it easier to skip the second bolt as they are close together and ground fall is a real potential till the third bolt is clipped anyways. Your belayer can spot you through this crux move. Continue to the left following the bolts on the face. After bolts 4 & 5 move back to the right then straight up to the double chain anchor at the top of the "Fridge". There are 8 bolt in total. The face is peppered with small finger holds and a few large features at well spaced intervals. Enjoy!

Essential Gear

8-10 quickdraws.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.