attempt to climb south ridge

attempt to climb south ridge

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 45.51350°N / 7.26590°E
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jul 29, 2005
We tried to climb the south ridge of the Becca. Went from Vittorio E. to the Colle dell' Gran Paradiso in a bit more than the 2 hours the Rother-führer prescribes. The first 200 m. of III degree rock took us too long: it seemed much harder and the rock was very loose. Also the weather was very threatening, so we desided to turn back. Too bad, because the ridge looked beautifull! It seems to me that this route is repeated very little. The ward of the V.E. hut couldn't give more info on the protection. The book of the hut gave no reports of people attempting the route in the last two years. Maybe it's because of the fact that the route isn't quite homoguenus?

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-1 of 1
fabrizior

fabrizior - Feb 18, 2006 10:46 pm - Hasn't voted

South ridge

You're right, this is not a classic route, not difficult but the first sector requires some effort, then you have to turn right and follow a sort of gully on the wall where the route isn't easy to find, especially with bad weather!
No pitons on the route (at that time!).
Try it again!
Fabrizio

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Becca di MoncorvèTrip Reports